Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What grinds your gears?

+71
pablowapsi
Auroralikethesunrise
waffllecat
RennisTora
KaZe
artimies7
Nighthawke
ugilick
CrimsonZeke
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Mr_M
TheGreatHibiki
3D Ninja
scienceguy8
Youchip
yellowrock
Felonious Exalt
Haventownsend
Ganthan
Latrans
Xenathos
Drunkenvalley
not_cenaris
rpx
dog3oy
Blacklite
Chells
Damien Darkside
Nikolai
Triskelli
Frist
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Paranoid
Aimereta
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
blind_dead_mcjones
cammyjag
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Trevon Fox
GoldenDragon
Forthwol
Sketchtastic
5c4rl37
xombie
Concrete
mariachidevil
cenaris
Winds
Leak
Jaebird
hiddenflame
Pandora
wolfpax181
26_9
BenRG
xivk
Stormcrow-18
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
MrFreeeman
Zaran
delicious lambchops
Pietja
75 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 29]

426What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:40 am

Pietja

Leak wrote:Whoa there Pietja - I think you're overreacting QUITE a bit... Neutral

I have no idea to wich part you're reffering to, but I don't see in what way I'm overreacting. Those are my views, not my emotions.

Anyway, the parade has been an overall flop, because it gathered only 8 to 9 thousands of participants, wich compared to other parades is an laugh-out-loud score. Nevertheless, it wouldn't stop our LGBT communities to spread propaganda about 10 to 12 thousadns. I'd agree about 10k, but about 2-2,5k were regular sepecators that had ambiguous opinions about the parade and the homosexuals overall and about 150-250 hundred of people were contr-manifestants wich were calmer than the LGBT communities are trying to show them (no major beatings, only few bottles and innocent fruits flew on occasion).
And our mass-media promote great succes despite the promises of few major figures in polish LGBT communities few years later that the parade is gonna "burry the capital in the sea of rainbow-like colors" and there'll be at least "500 thousands of gay, lesbian and transsexual guests from all around the world". And they speak of a very noticable agression towards the participants despite the police records of a less than 100 minor assaults.
Way to go, Rainbow Revolutionists!

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

427What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:54 am

Drunkenvalley

Just thought I'd kick in and say that at least everyone else but homosexuals
are protected by the law
. That is to say if you apply for a job and they
don't want you because you're homosexual? Can't do jack about it.

They cannot legally say no because you are female or a foreigner anymore,
but they're perfectly able to say no because you're homosexual.

Please understand what that means.

428What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:11 am

Pietja

Drunkenvalley wrote:That is to say if you apply for a job and they
don't want you because you're homosexual? Can't do jack about it.

Then why expose sexuality when the person is in a minority?

I don't see a checkbox in a CV that needs one to state his orientation.

Polish constitution is against discrimination in the field of employment and it includes the sexual orientation. Same goes with our criminal code wich provides punishment for any employer that discriminates any potential employee on a field of his orientation.

In other words - if they have a proof - they can do something about it. If they don't - tough luck. My friend that is more than 2 meters couldn't find a job he wanted because he thinks was is high. He has it tough because height is a visible trait while sexual orientation is not. So why the hell expose it?
Some people are prejudiced and they can give any other reason or no reason at all to not give a job for a person they're interviewing. Funny nose, funny hair - you name it. Sexuality can be hidden. So why expose it?

429What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:30 am

MicasR

MicasR

@Peitja, I understand, or think I understand, what your saying. What DO gays and lesbians want? Do they want everybody to be homosexual? Is that their hidden agenda? Why are there still being held so many parades to abolish this perceived discrimination against gays? I wasn't even aware people still thought so low of them? Ok, so it's nice and fun to make a gay joke, it's also funny to make a religious joke and I'm not complaining. Maybe they should take this parade to Malawi where it IS against the law to be gay.

430What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:03 am

Pietja

MicasR wrote:@Peitja, I understand, or think I understand, what your saying. What DO gays and lesbians want? Do they want everybody to be homosexual? Is that their hidden agenda?

No, for the love of God, no!

Well, at least I hope so. Very Happy

I mean that many minorities, not only sexual minorities want to be protected by the law somehow. And as I said - by our penal/criminal code and constitution - they in fact are.
Thing is they say that it doesn't work or doesn't work properly. I neither agree nor disagree. The execution of these laws is hard to keep trail on, because, like I said, an employer can give no apparent reason for not hiring a potential employee that is gay, jewish, female, male, high, small, fat, etc., etc.
Now some minorities say that it's insufficient and they want more rights than the majority of people out there. Wich is they private war, but why on earth they call it a fight for equality?
Heck, if I could get a nice job because my employer would be afraid to not to hire a gay person, I'd pose for one. And hearing these people postulates that's the thing they want to achieve - a possibility to sue everyone that they like to, because they felt like this person acted "unequally".

And most gay people in Poland are in fact ashamed because of these parades because that kind of festivals make stereotypes even more visible. Drag queens & guys in kinky wear, some lesbians in stretched t-shirts with glasses - these are the things that I saw on pictures from yesterday parade.
That's why it's still funny to make a joke about homosexuals.

MicasR wrote:Maybe they should take this parade to Malawi where it IS against the law to be gay.

Yeah, I heard about those preachers that say that homosexuals are eating their "poo-poo". It's hillarious, but the most hillarious fact is that people belive in it. Very Happy

431What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:06 am

Leak

Leak

While I'm not gay I can't help but think stuff like for instance the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy as currently (but hopefully not too much longer) practiced in the US armed forces is highly discriminatory - if you're gay or lesbian and in the US military you're practically forced to lie every time the topic of how and with whom you spent your time off/vacation/whatever comes up if you ain't straight...

np: Sole & The Skyrider Band - More (Plastique)

432What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:25 am

Pietja

Admitting to be gay while being in an army is IMO an idiocy itself.
Honestly, if I'd ever wanted to be lead to suicide, I'd join the army and openly tell that I'm gay. Polish army can't throw out anyone because of their sexuality but they can because of the potential danger - either of the soldier or the military unit. And dangers in a military unit for a gay person can be found on instant.

That's why I find that policy a reasonable one. Sometimes one have to use white lies to come around.

One of my relative subordinates tried to be openly gay. Lesbian, to be precise. That relative o'mine is a principal in a high-school and few years ago she hired a young teacher, freshly out of uni and straight after practice & training. About 1,5 year ago she couldn't help herself and she told someone - till this day no one knows to who (but that's how rumors are being created) that she's a lesbian. My relative told that she was since then treated like air and one teacher started a petition against her. Well, some parents found out about her orientation and she had to resign. And my relative told her, asked her to stay quiet or come up with some lies if she knows what's the reality and if she doesn't want to become an useless martyr.
She wrote some letter to our Ombudsman for Citizen Rights to no avail.

That's why I support the acts like Don't Ask, Don't Say.

Sometimes one have to know when it's the time to swim with the current or against it.

433What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:57 am

Drunkenvalley

Pietja, you're assuming it's always within your control to keep it hidden. <.<

Say someone's got a job. They're gay, but they haven't told anyone.
One day, their girlfriend/boyfriend comes to their workplace.
Or for any other reason the information is accidentally shared.

And that's when you discover the boss is homophobic.

Now allow me to ask.
Should homosexuals have to hide?
That's what they're fighting against.

434What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:37 am

Pietja

The very same day that the parade took place, there was a happening of a 600th year anniversary of Battle of Grunwald or the First Battle of Tannenberg for those of German origin. Now, all of our media advertised Euro Pride parade while telling almost nothing about the anniversary of a battle that was a pivotal point for the history of Europe. But, nevertheless the mass media stubborness the event gathered 200.000 of spectators from all over the Europe while Europride gathered about 8.000. Now what I find shocking is that our media show some minorities talking about how homophobic we are to pour warm urine on Europride while going onto a show of a "inhuman and barbaric medieval gore fest".

And you ask me should homosexuals have to hide when they have that kind of representatives? People like our major gay-rights protector, Mr. Biedroń, calling majorities a sick, homophobic groups only give them right to be homophobic. And he and others alike don't want to face a discussion. Many times the very same man went out of the studio because he heard question that he didn't liked.
They want rights - not equal. They want rights that are more protected, because they're minority! In other words they want a liberum veto, an unhampered law to sue any employer that didn't hired them or fired them, and state that it was due to their orientation.
And if I can keep my private stuff to myself, hidden from those who I don't want to see it, why they can't? I'd be angry if my girl would come to my workplace, but then again I can be angry when she comes to my home uninvited, so what the hell do I know.

435What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:27 am

Drunkenvalley

The media sucks altogether.
That's a problem that's already obvious.

Which is what grinds my gears.
The entire news media is a huge bunch of lunacy alternating
between terrorizing its readers or feeding them "cucumber news" :/

Politicians suck too. Don't need a map for that.

Homosexuals want more rights than what is reasonable?
By wanting basic rights that protect them?
You know what? Fuck you.

You remind me of the entire segregation business.

436What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:20 am

Pietja

Drunkenvalley wrote:
Homosexuals want more rights than what is reasonable?
By wanting basic rights that protect them?
You know what? Fuck you.

You remind me of the entire segregation business.

And that's how most of the representative bunch are acting in a discussion. Saying "Eff you, you're wrong", and turning their mics off.
Wanting to have protective rights and calling it a strive for equality while refusing to discuss by shielding themselves with slogans like political corectness & tolerance isn't a good way to go.
Seeing how discussions look on polish forums, like Women for Women, for example, I can read that most of these people want to live in peace withouth the media attention they get because of their representatives that they haven't choosen themselves. Their opinion on the folk that show their faces on the tv and the folk that writes the most prominent articles is ranged from skeptical to negative.

And once again - they have the basic right that protect them written in our constitution & penal/criminal code. Why don't they use them? Because society don't like homosexuals? Then they need to educate the society. By wanting rights that protect them on the field of labor market, by wanting the right that can protect them from being beaten up on the street and calling it rightfull laws they don't make look themselves look good and reliably. I can be punched in the face for my stare, my clothing, my nose, my political view and there's no law that would protect me more than some other person with different stare, clothing, nose, political views so I see no reason for them to want better, not equal (as they quite often tend to call it) rights.
Now, I do suport LGBT efforts to educate the society, to get closer to them, to show that not all are biting, wich is damn hard task if the heterosexual folk don't know anyone with different orientation than theirs. I do think that - instead of religion lessons that teach virtually nothing - there should be sex ed with few hours spent on sexual orientations different than the heterosexuality and they shouldn't be called a deviation as they are called by priests on religion lessons at the moment.
I don't support flashy showcases that look like a freakshow to a casual citizen, I don't support fighting with an angry face for "equal rights" when they aren't equal at all.
And I do not support debaters that say "fuck you" to the other side. Nor hetero, nor homosexual.

437What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:36 am

cenaris

cenaris

Thing is society is pretty much accepting of homosexuality nowadays. Just come over to the UK. TV here is dominated by gay entertainers.

438What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:39 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

I feel like watching Avenue Q now.

439What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:07 am

Drunkenvalley

Just being generally accepted is sort of a half-assed goal. Meet the wrong person
and you're back at square one. However, trying to find more fresh information it
certainly does seem homosexuals are at least in a slightly better protected position
than before.

Although for some strange reason I can't find the human rights articles.
My google-skills fail me now.

Also, we have some fucked up people around the world.

On a strangely humorous and random note:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights#Western_Africa

Ghana:
Illegal for males
Legal for females

...I think a nation is suffering a bad case
of bias towards hot-chicks making out. Very Happy

Finally,
I'm sorry for my attitude earlier. :/

440What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:38 am

Pietja

I can't say much about the UK society, but I have to say, based on what I've read, saw & heard, that your society is kind of lost somehow. I feel like, at least in social sphere, UK is... hm... experimenting.
I can't say no more about this - both because of my knowledge of the topic and because my beautiful govermet passed a pretty ambiguous law recently that many lawyers can't even understand. And that law, shuts the mouth of all people - both educated, non-educated, wise, stupid, authorities and non-authorities on one peculiar topic that needs to be discussed.

*sigh*

Commie censorship was at least in most cases riddiculously funny and slapped straight at our faces, not shoved in our throats through our asses.

I know, I know others have worse, but I don't think I can call my country a part of a western & wise civilization when it's forbidding discussing taboo or otherwise socially delicate topics.

The case of Ghana is a funny one, at least for me as a male, because it shows a rather typical male thinking "gay sex, yuck, lesbian sex, hawt". Very Happy
IMO it's a obvious hypocrisy, but then again Africa has a really serious problem with AIDS and STD's, so for many of the locals this sounds like a good way to go...

441What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 pm

cenaris

cenaris

Pietja wrote:I can't say much about the UK society, but I have to say, based on what I've read, saw & heard, that your society is kind of lost somehow. I feel like, at least in social sphere, UK is... hm... experimenting.
A lot of noise is made about UK teens having the highest pregnancy rate in Europe and the worst binging habits. That needs to be changed.

Pietja wrote:The case of Ghana is a funny one, at least for me as a male, because it shows a rather typical male thinking "gay sex, yuck, lesbian sex, hawt". Very Happy
IMO it's a obvious hypocrisy, but then again Africa has a really serious problem with AIDS and STD's, so for many of the locals this sounds like a good way to go...

Remember that many parts of Africa are heavily influenced by religious wackos who condemn the use of condoms and it's often those parts that have higher STDs and AIDS cases. And said religious wackos then go out of their way to blame gays for spreading it.

442What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Pietja

cenaris wrote:That needs to be changed.

The noise? Or the habbits? Very Happy

cenaris wrote:
Remember that many parts of Africa are heavily influenced by religious wackos who condemn the use of condoms and it's often those parts that have higher STDs and AIDS cases. And said religious wackos then go out of their way to blame gays for spreading it.

Well, HIV cells/bacteria are small enough to penetrate the small pores of condom, but nevertheles protection of that kind does help. I don't know about other sexually transmited dieseases though, but I'd rather minimise the risk than play funny games. And besides condoms are great protection for the most dangerous sexual diesease - having an offspring. Wink

As for religious preachers, I wrote somwhere before that they are funny because of the stuff they say, like that homosexuals like to "eat poo poo" and "putting their hands and arms, to elbows, into each other arses". Well, some heterosexuals do that also, but I guess we're more entitled to do it? Very Happy
I won't deny the fact that seeing natives beliving in it is somewhat tragic. But it just shows the craziness & overall meaningless of life. Very Happy

Hail Eris! Wink

443What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:06 am

Drunkenvalley

Meet the Sodomobile. :p

If nothing else it's hilarious seeing Phelps on the run.
I'd punch the guy in the face if I could tbh.

Warning: Very gay.

444What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:45 am

cenaris

cenaris

Drunkenvalley wrote:Meet the Sodomobile. :p

If nothing else it's hilarious seeing Phelps on the run.
I'd punch the guy in the face if I could tbh.

Warning: Very gay.

Those homophobic biggots got told!

445What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:00 pm

MicasR

MicasR

This forum has been awfully quiet these last few days...

446What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:40 am

Pietja

*punches the capslock*

I'M IN A FUKKEN RAEG RITE NAO!!!

* punches caps lock again*

I will never buy any new game for PC. This is my promise, my oath and my vow.

I've read tons of good stuff about Alpha Protocol by Obsidian Ent. I liked that company, but KOToR II was helluva buggy and most of bugs were fixed by fans. Due to the fact that many DX forum fans praised AP I decided - what the hell, I'll spend some cash on it.

And that was my mistake.

I've returned home, my sys requirements were appropriate, but the game didn't wanted to start because of some application error. So, after releasing few not approptiate words I hit the Obsidian forums to find help from the fans while the developers and tech support was silent since forever. The error I've happened to have was and is a common one, the solution that worked for few was installing new C+++ libaries and microsoft netframework 4.0., plus PhysX from Nvidia, fresh DX, and Java applet.

I did that and it didn't work.

So I called the official CD Projekt tech support (CD Projekt is a publisher in Poland) and they told me to do the same. I told them that I've done that already, so they suggested for me to sent my copy to their HQ, so they could test it. I asked the guy if he was aware of that error and if the guilt lies on the Obsidian side. Yes it was.
"So what can I do to get a refund?" - I asked.
He told me that the shop I've bought that game in should give me a refund.

Well, fuk, it can not.

So I called to consumer advocate and stated my problem to wich he agreed that it's a tricky situation. Nevertheless I did what he told me to.

I wrote a fukken two page long report about what I've done, step by step - heck, I've included screenshots, system version info, hardware specs, etc., etc., and the current situation from official Obsidian forums (silence from the developers) and from SEGA forums wich is Obsidian publisher and is officialy ashamed(I added a screenshot) about this whole situation. Plus links for the crucial forum pages.
I gave my copy for the store to sent to the polish publisher and only he can send an application for the detail dealer to give me my fukken money back.

Fukken sick consumer laws, ripping off a client. It's a case of giving misinformation and selling a broken product that is hard to prove and in the end it isn't worth court cases, because it's stupid to make a noise over 25 Euro or so.

But this way some developers won't stop releasing shit, and stores will be washing their hands from all of the responsibility.

And what I'll do if it won't work?

I'll make a copy of my game, and upload it on P2P server from a safe unit and I still know wich car belongs to the store owner, that don't want to pay me my fukken money while other markets around do that with no hesitation. And belive me, I know how to leave a car in a state beyond reparation.

Consumer rights protection... right. Nobody want's to feel responsible because every one of those detail selling sonovabiatches is a greedy ass.

Either way, I'm not gonna leave it without at least a naughty feel of satisfaction.

447What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:49 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

*applauds*

448What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:44 am

MicasR

MicasR

LET THE CONSUMER REVOLUTION BEGIN!

449What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:41 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

The name Keel Dominion Grinds my gears to dust. Its completely personal. Anyone who uses it positively should be-

Notice! The rest of this post has been removed due to being extremely explicit and gory. We apologize for any inconveniences. Smile

450What grinds your gears? - Page 18 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:10 am

Drunkenvalley

I booted up Starcraft 2 for the first time.
After logging in, I find myself annoyed beyond all,
as I have to see Blizzard's fail remaining:
There is no public chat whatsoever.

W.T.F.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum