Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What grinds your gears?

+71
pablowapsi
Auroralikethesunrise
waffllecat
RennisTora
KaZe
artimies7
Nighthawke
ugilick
CrimsonZeke
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Mr_M
TheGreatHibiki
3D Ninja
scienceguy8
Youchip
yellowrock
Felonious Exalt
Haventownsend
Ganthan
Latrans
Xenathos
Drunkenvalley
not_cenaris
rpx
dog3oy
Blacklite
Chells
Damien Darkside
Nikolai
Triskelli
Frist
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Paranoid
Aimereta
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
blind_dead_mcjones
cammyjag
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Trevon Fox
GoldenDragon
Forthwol
Sketchtastic
5c4rl37
xombie
Concrete
mariachidevil
cenaris
Winds
Leak
Jaebird
hiddenflame
Pandora
wolfpax181
26_9
BenRG
xivk
Stormcrow-18
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
MrFreeeman
Zaran
delicious lambchops
Pietja
75 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 29]

401What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Pietja

appleclock wrote:Highschool of the dead (anime).

I only read few chapters of the manga, as I'm not a fan of the zombie genre. Bah, due to the overflow of the theme in last years I highly dislike it.
But I do like the style of Daisuke Sato, but it can get tedious sometimes. Especially in his non-hentai productions, wich HS of the Dead is. So I won't bother myself with seeing anime.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

402What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:31 pm

MicasR

MicasR

Damn SEACOM being broken again. Wish we could get another sea cable to SA so we can have decent internet. SEACOM only brings pain and misery. My downloads are so slowwwwwwwww Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

403What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

YOU KNOW WHAT I DON'T HATE?

I DON'T HATE VESTS

What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Naama_final-751075

404What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:48 am

Pietja

Heat! G-damned heats! 39 Celcius degrees to 45! In Poland! Frickin' 45 in Poland!

And I was on the bike. I'm pouring sweat like a fountain.

Nights? 26-30 degrees.

Thankfully most clubs have free entry in july.

405What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 am

Leak

Leak

Is that room temperature?

Here it's about 29°C outside and my thermometer says it's around 31°C inside - not that I wouldn't mind having 10°C less either...

np: Glitterbug - Calcutta (Privilege (Disc 1))

406What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:03 am

Pietja

No, it's the temperature on the outside. I was driving through the Kabacki forest, and there's a clearing where everybody camps, there's also a few outdoor bars and such. So I ordered a beer and I looked at a thermometer hanging on one post and it showed 45 degrees! The owner told me that it works alright.
G-dammit.

I think I'm gonna pack my bike, and tent and get a train to Austria if it's so nice with temperatures out there.
Or maybe some nordic country?

407What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:29 am

Leak

Leak

Pietja wrote:I think I'm gonna pack my bike, and tent and get a train to Austria if it's so nice with temperatures out there.
I'm not sure I'd call the temperatures nice, but I guess it (literally) depends on your point of view...

The U.K. (it's nordic from a mainland POV, right?) seemed nice when I watched the Silverstone race on Sunday - a nice 23°C...

np: Glitterbug - After All (Privilege (Disc 1))

408What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:04 am

Frist

Frist

My tablet got bjorked, so I have to spend 200 more of my sexy dollars on a new one.

409What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:19 am

Blacklite

Blacklite

I think I'm gonna pack my bike, and tent and get a train to Austria if it's so nice with temperatures out there.

Dude, not a chance! Even that Finland is one nordic country it's still hot as G**#!*" desert here. DX
And that grinds my gears 'cause I can't draw with sweaty hands!!

410What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:19 am

Pietja

Lycan wrote:And that grinds my gears 'cause I can't draw with sweaty hands!!

I know. It's hot outside, chicks are going barely naked around (wich is good), so do old, fat 'n' moustached daddies (wich is not good at all) and I have to wear a longsleeve shirt in front of my tablet to prevent it from being covered in sweat. My hands don't sweat though, so it kind of helps.

Anyway, I have a bigger issue here, because once again I dream of nothing.

You see, I do have a dream, but it shows me nothing. I only hear voices, sounds, everything muffled, mixed with some kind of ambience. But I know I see something, yet I don't see anything at all. Yeah, I know, it's hard to explain, but it causes me to feel uneasy at first, and then, my unrest gradually turns into fear, so intense that I wake up, curl into embrionic position, and cover my head with a pillow and I have to stay like that for few seconds, listen to my heartbeat & such. And even then I'm afraid to go back to sleep for a while.

It's bad, because this is a reocurring dream. I dreamed four times about it, and - not counting the first case - I woke up almost at the same time, wich is 3:40-5:10 in the morning. It's bad, because it scares the living hell out of me. During it I feel like being burried alive, but with someone or something that I can't see, but I know it's there and in some kind of unexplainable way I can see it, but I don't have the words to describe it, nor my conscious mind can grasp it. It's kind of like lucid dream, I can see & hear, feel - to some extent - but I can't control it. I always wake up when the tension is unberable, although I know I tried doing it earlier. Because I know that I'd be dreaming about nothing when the dream kicks in. About different kind of nothing.

I don't know. Maybe I should go to bed earlier? Maybe I should sleep during the day? Maybe I'm just going bonkers?

411What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:10 am

MicasR

MicasR

I had a somewhat similar experience. Though I dreamt of death. And no, not dying. I stared the being that was death in the eyes[metaphor]. I dreamt of the end of time itself and the end of my existence. I woke up almost screaming. Like you said, I see nothing, I hear nothing, but I experience it, and it feels almost real.Haven't dreamt that again though.
But I dealt it with my own way.

412What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:55 am

Nikolai

Nikolai

Students......*Bleh*

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

413What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Pickles and cheese

414What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Aimereta

Aimereta

Pietja wrote:So I ordered a beer and I looked at a thermometer hanging on one post and it showed 45 degrees! The owner told me that it works alright.

Shocked HOLY CRAP! I would DIE from that kinda heat. And I thought it was bad here...

Anywho, what really grinds my gears? Idiots. 'specially this specific jack-tard who was higher than a kite and had the nerve to grab my tush and ask if I wanted a hit. It's late, and I'm in a floor-length skirt, so I yell at him to leave me alone rather than lay a swift roundhouse to his nether regions (I would have tripped if I'd tried, and I know it)Had it come down to it and he didn't leave me alone, then I would have kicked him. Luckily a rather nice man was nearby and heard me, and he came running, yelling at him and telling him to leave me alone in some very, ah, colorful language. It scared the idiot off. The gentleman wouldn't give me his name, but I thanked him regardless.

I re-iterate: I detest idiots. Good thing this incident had a happy ending, though. I guess it's my stupidity for walking around alone at night, huh? *sweatdrop*

http://www.freewebs.com/aimereta

415What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:33 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Gah, I hate how America just has to use different measurements than other countries! I would know what Pietja said, but no! I just had to learn to use Fahrenheit!

or everyone else had to learn to use Celsius!

416What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:34 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

What grinds my gears is me working 12 hours straight (counting the hour break) covering some idiot who thought he would be cool if he called in sick so he can hang out with his friends. Then after I am completely exhausted and can barely feel my legs, I come home to find my girlfriend in a maid outfit waiting for me to nail her. Needless to say I yelled KHAN and told her I'd take care of it in the morning.

Needless to say it didn't work out as planned.

I hate timing. I hate high-school kids that drink and take time off work to drink.

417What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:25 am

cenaris

cenaris

If you have proof they take time off to drink, get em fired.

418What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:27 am

Pietja

Damien Darkside wrote:Needless to say I yelled KHAN

I suppose that nailed her good.

It would work on me alright. Very Happy

cenaris wrote:If you have proof they take time off to drink, get em fired.

You know, if you'd do that in here, it would work, but many of your co-workers would give you an etiquette of a squealer wich is a big social offence. In my country almost no-one like squealers because of the szlachta traditions and - for most of the time - the wrong definition of brotherhood. I find it a harmful "tradition".

Aimereta wrote:Luckily a rather nice man was nearby and heard me, and he came running, yelling at him and telling him to leave me alone in some very, ah, colorful language. It scared the idiot off. The gentleman wouldn't give me his name, but I thanked him regardless.

And that's one of the pick-up methods I and my friend use when we're going out clubbing. The jerk and the hero. One is a bugging, nasty drunk or stereotypical macho man and the other is a superman making the first go away with a tail curled like a beaten dog. Your situation was natural, but it worked - you wished he would give his name. In clubs, the hero almost always gets the girls name, phone or ends up going out with her the very same night... *sigh* I like that stunt and I haven't done it for ages... Maybe because my wingman friend is currently in a relationship and his jealous, psychotic girlfriend doesn't allow him to go out to the clubs? And - better - she'd want him to stop meeting with me. Because I'm the "no good hedonist".
Psh.
Guy gut under her heel too deep for my taste. And - hopefully - he's starting to see it to, considering how much he's complaining 'bout their relationship lately.
I hope he'll get a grip of himself and do the think he should have done months ago - dump that opressive parasite.

So, the think above grinds my gears.

419What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:Gah, I hate how America just has to use different measurements than other countries! I would know what Pietja said, but no! I just had to learn to use Fahrenheit! or everyone else had to learn to use Celsius!

It means that it is just above "Really fucking hot" and right below "OMGWTFBBQ"

420What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:53 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Oh, god, like mississippi in the summer (but that can get to OMGWTFBBQ) Smile

421What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:05 am

Aimereta

Aimereta

We can totally get to OMGWTFBBQ... darn mojave desert >.>

and Pietja... can we say whipped? Razz lol sorry, that was a bit mean of me... ah well.

http://www.freewebs.com/aimereta

422What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:27 am

Pandora

Pandora

I can completely understand why she wouldn't want your friend to go clubbing. From what you describe (and what I experienced the time I went to a club when I was single) it's a meat market. You pick up girls, rub your crotch up against a bunch of girls, and drink. A lot of women don't like the idea of their boyfriends doing that.
However, she doesn't have the right to tell him who he can and cannot speak to. I'm not your biggest fan either, but she can't tell him who he can be friends with.

423What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:05 am

Pietja

Aimereta wrote:and Pietja... can we say whipped? Razz

Well, I have to work on my own now wich requires more effort, but also have a few cons. Besides, it's the final effect that counts, not the way that leads to it, although the way of doing it can be pleasurable itself.

And 'bout meat market...
I knew few girls that loved clubbing. Or I thought so. Then, two of them found boyfriends and they stopped going to the clubs. They called them "body markets", not "meat markets" also reffering to men being used as a product. Mostly that buys drinks & rents hotel rooms. It's not that only girls are treated like one-night adventure or product. It's the house/dub/techno/trance/chillout club for Chris Sake, why people require to be something else than a potential pleasure machine? I feel sad looking at these girls trying to find a boyfriend in the club. It's not impossible, but it's near it. At least in Warsaw. And no men of a sane mind is hoping to find a girlfriend in a club. Most of them (Pietja included) hope to get lucky and then maybe drag this luck a little longer (Pietja not always included) but in most of the cases not farter than ocassional bow-wow. I honestly think that that kind of thinking for clubs is quite fair and reasonable. I feel fine when I'm going to the meat market as a piece of sausage. Very Happy

Ok., back to the topic.

Yesterday, in Warsaw, we had

EURO PRIDE PARADE

Oh, the horror!

No, I wasn't there, I was at the musical festival. But I strongly disagree with the ideas of these kind of socio-political parades.
Gay & lesbian are called a minority for a reason. Do they want equality, like they say to the media? No, they want more. They want being protected, thus, when a gay men goes out looking for work he could call his interviewer a discriminating bastard and he'll hope for some kind of recompensate for it. Because it's not "eqal".
I hate that slogan - equality. It's not impossible because those groups that strived for equality now entered the second wave of it - wanting more. Feminists, gay & lesbian groups, many religion groups... you name them.

There is no equality and will never be. We're not fukken robots, we have desires, we have greed & we're lusting for more. I don't want to be equal to a gay man, I don't want to be equal to a homeless bum, I don't want to be equalled to a king, I don't want to have the same things, rights & laws as others. We're humans. We want to be higher. We want to burn the sun and those who pull the strings, leaders of countries, modern kings also don't want that and they see that it's impossible.

424What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:07 am

Leak

Leak

Whoa there Pietja - I think you're overreacting QUITE a bit... Neutral

As far as grinding my gears goes - the darn stormy/rainy/thundery weather yesterday (and to a lesser extent today) that totally ruined the Life Ball opening and caused a lot of other, more general mayhem here... Sad

np: Benga - Go Tell Them (Diary Of An Afro Warrior)

425What grinds your gears? - Page 17 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:12 am

Frist

Frist

Waiting for .hack//G.U. Reminisce to come in the mail -.-

Last edited by Frist on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum