Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What grinds your gears?

+71
pablowapsi
Auroralikethesunrise
waffllecat
RennisTora
KaZe
artimies7
Nighthawke
ugilick
CrimsonZeke
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Mr_M
TheGreatHibiki
3D Ninja
scienceguy8
Youchip
yellowrock
Felonious Exalt
Haventownsend
Ganthan
Latrans
Xenathos
Drunkenvalley
not_cenaris
rpx
dog3oy
Blacklite
Chells
Damien Darkside
Nikolai
Triskelli
Frist
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Paranoid
Aimereta
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
blind_dead_mcjones
cammyjag
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Trevon Fox
GoldenDragon
Forthwol
Sketchtastic
5c4rl37
xombie
Concrete
mariachidevil
cenaris
Winds
Leak
Jaebird
hiddenflame
Pandora
wolfpax181
26_9
BenRG
xivk
Stormcrow-18
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
MrFreeeman
Zaran
delicious lambchops
Pietja
75 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 29]

451What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:27 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Pietja wrote:A long post which is the reason why Darkside sticks to Consoles and pirates PC games.

452What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Pietja

Damien Darkside wrote:
Pietja wrote:A long post which is the reason why Darkside sticks to Consoles and pirates PC games.

*sigh*

I'm selling my Xbox 360 Elite. Or rather I say - I'm exchanging my Xbox 360 with 10 games (rest was sold) for PS2 Slim with 40 original games in good shape.

A thing I should have done earlier.

And as for cracked games...

I tried to "play legal" when my financial situation allowed me to do so, in terms of games at least, but fuk.
Seeing all that producers spending milions on DRM protection, each worse than the last one and pushing developers to release their games unfinshed & untested they leave me - and milions of others players - with an obvious choice that is picking up a cracked version.
I always saluted to the guys from SKIDROW, PRESTIGE, FAIRLIGHT and other legendary scene groups. Without them thousands, bah, milions of polish players wouldn't know great games during the 90's. Every game I had on Amiga 500 was cracked by one of the above groups (and many others), then every PC while games costed way too much for an average polish citizen (as my country was facing heavy economical changes due to fall of the wall and fixing that commie shiet). Games for 5$ instead of 40$. And even so 5$ for a kid was a serious ammount of money.
Now, in the days of idiotic DRM wich seems like a good way to fight with piracy big companies seem to forget folks from poorer countries, folks that don't have the internet or it's not fast enough to sustain constant connection for games like Assasin's Creed II. And that's why I salute for those groups that crack various DRM's. I'm sick of policies like buy our shit, it's all that matters, then we'll forget about you. I'm sick of gamese that have the biggest quanity of bugs than ever. Who cares? Cracker groups and gamers. I feel like I'm being pissed at, like I'm the one who is robbed.
And that's why I support computer piracy.
Companies want to solve that problem? There is one solution - these corporate machines, those companies, molochs like Ubisoft, Activision, EA and alike must fall. Cease to exist. More power is need to be given to the producers, developers.

Eh.
Meanwhile I'll go and play some good old abandonware game called Beasts 'n' Bumpkins.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

453What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:24 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

Pietja wrote:
Damien Darkside wrote:

*sigh*

I'm selling my Xbox 360 Elite. Or rather I say - I'm exchanging my Xbox 360 with 10 games (rest was sold) for PS2 Slim with 40 original games in good shape.

A thing I should have done earlier.

And as for cracked games...

I tried to "play legal" when my financial situation allowed me to do so, in terms of games at least, but fuk.
Seeing all that producers spending milions on DRM protection, each worse than the last one and pushing developers to release their games unfinshed & untested they leave me - and milions of others players - with an obvious choice that is picking up a cracked version.
I always saluted to the guys from SKIDROW, PRESTIGE, FAIRLIGHT and other legendary scene groups. Without them thousands, bah, milions of polish players wouldn't know great games during the 90's. Every game I had on Amiga 500 was cracked by one of the above groups (and many others), then every PC while games costed way too much for an average polish citizen (as my country was facing heavy economical changes due to fall of the wall and fixing that commie shiet). Games for 5$ instead of 40$. And even so 5$ for a kid was a serious ammount of money.
Now, in the days of idiotic DRM wich seems like a good way to fight with piracy big companies seem to forget folks from poorer countries, folks that don't have the internet or it's not fast enough to sustain constant connection for games like Assasin's Creed II. And that's why I salute for those groups that crack various DRM's. I'm sick of policies like buy our shit, it's all that matters, then we'll forget about you. I'm sick of gamese that have the biggest quanity of bugs than ever. Who cares? Cracker groups and gamers. I feel like I'm being pissed at, like I'm the one who is robbed.
And that's why I support computer piracy.
Companies want to solve that problem? There is one solution - these corporate machines, those companies, molochs like Ubisoft, Activision, EA and alike must fall. Cease to exist. More power is need to be given to the producers, developers.

Eh.
Meanwhile I'll go and play some good old abandonware game called Beasts 'n' Bumpkins.

Activisions Infinity Ward *from the Modern Warfare* has lost most of his employees by just thinking about the money. Not the gamers. Just the money. They held back money from the developers of MW2 as hostage money. To ensure that they stayed. Big mistake. Top developers from IW left Activision and held the rights for the MW series. They now have an own GameDevelopment: Respawn Entertainment. Working together with Activisions Arch Enemy. EA.

People can make a difference. If whole the world just stood up against those multigamemoneywhores we`d have better games in notime. But to bad for the real core gamers... There are way more softgamers out there. Who don`t follow the game news. Who just pick games on looks of the boxes. Who listen to friends with no knowledge if it either. So I too salute to Crackers. You make our world a better one.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

454What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:36 am

Pietja

G-Dammit.

Lately life absurds make my pressure go too high.

Gear grinder of today :

I sold "Assasin's Creed 2" to some guy over the net, he already sent money for my account, it's there, so today was my turn to send game to him.
And yes - postal service gehenna.

First matter - long ass lines. I waited [b]fourty five minutes[/i] to send a stamped package - that is, envelope with those funny bubles that we all like to play and four stamps - to only hear that I've sicked stamps in a bad way.
WTF?!
I told the hog beside the desk and 5cm thick glass (wich prevented me and other pissed clients to strangle her) that I've sent dozens packages stamped like that (wich, in fact, I did), but she dind't belive me. Of course. No suprise.
So I asked her to cover these "bad stamps" with marker or some tape that they had and sell me new one so I could post them on "the right side".
No, can't do it - I heard for a reply.
Line behind me is getting nervous, luckly at the fat pig behind the desk, not me, as I judged by seeing those gazes of sympathy. Nevertheless, I don't like to piss innocent people without a reason, so I went off.
And due to the fact that the line was annother 45 minutes of wait wich I would had to, without a doubt, stand again, I passed on sending that fukken envelope.

I'm gonna get to my car and drag my ass for a few kilometers in traffic jam to nearest DHL quater to send a simple package without any problems. I'll have to pay more for sending it, but fuk that.
I hate when somebody is toying with one's patience. Especially mine.

Xenathos wrote:
People can make a difference. If whole the world just stood up against those multigamemoneywhores we`d have better games in notime.

As for that topic. I heard about Infinity Ward deal, and my feeling are, I guess, quite obvious.
How can one stand up? How could pissed masses stand up? By getting media attention? Who'd want to air some dissapointed gamers bithcing about games that they can't enjoy? It wouldn't be shown as a matter of modern day morals of certain industries, but just like that - as a bitching of some angry gamers mob. That's media for you.
By downloading, torrenting, buying pirated games? Companies will push on national or international laws to pursue "criminals" like those who'd do that. They'll push game portals, magazines to criticize piracy even more, if that's even possible. I know a guy working for a very popular, here in Poland, game magazine that said that game publishers pay serious cash for magazines that give good ratings for games that they publish. Wich was no suprise for me, but hearing this from a reliable source was a sad last nail in the coffin, because I liked that magazine for eleven good years.

We're on a lost position. We can only do what we do and hope we don't get caught by some corrupted legalist bastard.

455What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:28 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

I sayd that we COULD make a difference. Not that we WILL make a difference Razz

And those rows? Horrible. Good thing its better here *why is almost everything better in Holland... it quite sucks to live here to be honoust*.

456What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:11 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

I think that is why I like companies like Bethesda.

Take Fallout 3. People waned to mod it better than with the tools that other people had. Solution? Release the G.E.C.K. and allow beginners and pros have equal access and easy modifications.

Then they took a look at their engine, their game and what people have been modding and complaining about. Now see what they have added in FoNV, pretty much all the popular mods and what gamers were asking for. More explosive weapons (c4 and the like, now my stealth character can use explosives), things used in Fo1 and Fo2 (reputation, factions, locations), Aiming down the sights instead of a zoom, weapon modifications, companion command wheels etc.

Another thing that I like about companies that use the same engine (Bethesda, Valve, Spiderweb Software) is that they know their engines WORK. They don't spend a huge amount of time and money developing a new engine. All they have to do is modify it a tiny bit here and there and they can spend the rest of the time and saved money on the game. Sure, 14 year olds complain that the game "is the same lol whut" but true gamers can tell the difference and enjoy the time spent on it.

That and I'm getting the collectors edition of FoNV, talk about value, I get playing cards, chips, a comic book and a tin. Booya.

Oh and check out a little company called Spiderweb Software. Their games are easy to break (as in registration code, PM me if you want) but they offer over 40+ hours of solid RPG play that is unique and unrivalled.

457What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Pietja

Would you help a child in need?

A bright example of centuries old rule - "divide and conquer" - nowdays used by all of possible political factions - right wing, left wing, labour parties, social parties...

I'm not an old chap either, but I have to use this phrase - "In my day and age...".
Well, in my day and age parents thought and scared children to not go with strangers and every kid in my neighbourhood was wise enough to stick to these rules. Nobody supervised us, maybe besides some parents occasionally looking through windows. Besides, we wandered far beyond our playgrounds. My entire, little hometown was my playground. I knew it all since I was 8. I knew all the weird people that lived in my hometown. We had three psychos around and probably few more that hid their wickedness. But we followed the rules and no one was hurt.
Now, when I look at the playgrounds outside my window I don't know if I see kids or dogs on a leash. There are ten times more "Don't do this, don't do that" than it was 15 years earlier. And seriously, the only danger that is an important one is the traffic. Still, not so condensed in my area. But mothers are - for the lack of better words - batshit insane. Overprotective, yet unfair and rough for their kids. Screaming at them, bribing them, telling them words that if my mother would said to me when I was 5-10 would crush my self-esteem. To what? To protect them?
Playgrounds aren't as empty here as they are - according to the survey - in UK, but there are ton's of parents out there. Mostly mothers that aren't happy being there. And the worst of all is that they separate their children from others. Especially those that are playing without being supervised. Because, I quote "they're some sort of bad element kids". Words of one mother I overheard. Discussing with other. Saying how bad those parents must be to let their kids go outside on their own.
When I was seven the worst thing that I could imagine to happen while I was playing with other kids was having any parent, including mine, around. We were all on our own. In our sandbox, our tall walls we walked, trees we climbed, creeks we crossed on rafts built by our own hands. Show me kids that do that today. They don't. They wake up, watch tv, play video games, go outside for 30 minutes to max two hours with their parent (not parents - parent) to dig in sand without purpose or swing for a while, they come back home and they don't leave it for the rest of the day. I see that, I have it just outside my window. I see brainwashed motherlike zealots that are creating anti-social, schizophremic beings, the future of our countries, our world. Perfectly cut citizens, that obey and listen without thinking. Lies? Even teenagers I see outside aren't rebellious at all.

Now, the question stands - would you help a child in need?

458What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:11 am

cenaris

cenaris

I went into surgery today. It was remove a segment of my tongue that wasn't healing up properly from a burn and was swelling up an' all.

Once the anaesthetic wore off, it's all been pain and migranes. I can't even swallow properly.

459What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:11 am

Pietja

New Iron Maiden grinds my gears. It's awful!
Guys, please retire. I'm sure you'd make some amazing stuff solo, like Bruce does, 'cause his solo albums are great. I love seeing you live, but I'm not excited nor happy about your new material. Final Frontier is just awful.

And

Mafia II. I kind of waited for it till I saw and played the demo. My god, I haven't saw so clunky sandbox game since Mafia 1 and Just Cause. And these are old. Driving, walking, shooting... everything is bad in this demo. Even the atmosphere, wich I didn't found captivating.
I hope the full version will have some major changes done, but I feel like it's a fool's hope. I won't buy it. Maybe when it's price will go low. Very low.

460What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Drunkenvalley

cenaris wrote:Once the anaesthetic wore off, it's all been pain and migranes. I can't even swallow properly.
Oww.

461What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:28 pm

Pietja

Chicks in metal.

Now, I don't have anything against girls playing instruments in metal bands, but for heaven's sake... don't open your mouth.
As weird as it may sound it's chicks that make metal sound gay.
No high-pitched vocalists, no leather pants, no spandex pants nor oiled chests of Manowar musicians, but girls on vocals.

I wouldn't complain so much about it, but whenever I browse through modern, new metal bands I find about 7 on 10 to have female vocalists. Some are good, some are plain awful, heck, Crystal Viper has Marta Gabriel, a polish vocalist with a mighty voice but an awfull accent, but it just don't work for me. And nowdays there are literally floods of female singers and I just cringe when I hear annother girl with a pompous focus on opera-like singing or some girl straining her vocal cords. I'm sorry, but it's a man proffesion, to produce roars and growls. It's not sexist. It's biology.

462What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:37 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Being "sick" for over two weeks and not having anything wrong with according to my doctor. So I'm stuck at home or school feeling like s*** and I don't even know what the hell is wrong. Dammit!

463What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Pietja

BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:I don't even know what the hell is wrong. Dammit!

You're dying.

Get over it.
Or change your doctor.

464What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:22 pm

cenaris

cenaris

Drunkenvalley wrote:
cenaris wrote:Once the anaesthetic wore off, it's all been pain and migranes. I can't even swallow properly.
Oww.

Oh yes. It was like having a sore throat which kick started all over again with each swallow.

465What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

What grinds my gears?

Fuck you

What? You think you have more colors than a stoner movie that you get to have awards up the ass? You think because you were directed by James Cameron you can be so wildly popular? You think because it has a cripple become a hero you are insirational? you think because you have more special effects than a Michael Bay film that you are amazing? You think because you invented a new way of filming that you are technologically advanced?

Fuck you

All the weapons were wrong, those goddamn cannons can rip through fucking steel walls like butter, let alone some rhinos with a thick skin. Nooooooo you gave them a wussy calibre. Ground War should have won. Aiming for the Tree of Sould in a vortex that makes you steer by sight? Your on-board missiles should be enough to blow a hole through dozens of Sacred Trees. Air space should have been won.

All the special effects were not even close to "holy shit wtf". Have you looked at games lately? We've been seeing more fantastic things for the last four years. Flying? Wow, get over yourself. Shooting? Whatever. Flying on a lizard bird? Hell Banjo-Tooie had a lizard bird come out of your BACKPACK, how awesome was that?

Ohhh captivating storyline! Oh wait. Not really. A guy who thinks the world is fine until he is re-awakened and his eyes are opened to something s wonderful it philosophically moves his soul? Something so wonderful he doesn't want to go back?

The goddamn Matrix did it first sucker. Before that? Plato's Allegory of the Mother Fucking Cave.

Oh and that fancy camera that let's James look at the actors and see the world that they are in? Oh, guess what technology Resident Evil 5 used to make all their cutscenes? Yeah, same thing. Actors in an environment. Again, video games were a few years ahead of you. All you did Cameron was make the movies in 3D

Thought so.

Actually I'm not all that mad with Avatar, it is a decent three-star film. Over-hyped and I have no idea why it was so popular. Seriously, I saw it once for the experience.

Oh, one thing I am truly mad about is how 3D is ruining films. EVERYTHING is in 3D now. Want to know the best movies of the year are for me? Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Inception, Iron Man 2. Want to know why they are successful? Great directing and script (maybe a little lacking on IM2 but oh well, I liked it enough) made it awesome.

Now directors are throwing movies out there and adding 3D to it and everyone likes it. It is annoying how more are going to use 3D as a crutch for their movies and hope that it works.

466What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:44 am

Pietja

Don't cuss so much over a movie that you watch&forget...

And as for obligatory happy ending, this is the way Avatar would end for me, if it somehow happened for real :

Nuke them from an orbit. A refference to one of the good J.C. movies, Aliens.

I also feel the same about pushing 3D technology so much into customers throats when it's so unbalanced and unpolished. But hey, that's the way it goes, want it or not, we're the test subjects.

467What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:09 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

I hate not receiving comprehensible answers from teachers. When I asked if I could write my essay on how humans would benefit from a zombie apocalypse, I expected a straight answer. No, I did not get one.

468What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:57 am

Latrans

Latrans

Perhaps a bit random but my gears ground pretty hard today. I've been working on my car past couple of days since I had some engine trouble. Finally got one of the heads off to discover it was a LOT worse than I thought. Need an entirely new freaking engine. Block, heads, everything. It's toast.

469What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:11 am

MicasR

MicasR

I have been avoiding my local forums for the past few weeks, not because I have exams that I need to write and such, but because the user base there is really starting to grind my gears, specifically on one topic. Religion. Now I'm cool with people saying religion is shit and in many cases it is just man made with all man made flaws and errors and "press ok to send bug report" which makes no difference either way. But what really grinds my gears is that the atheists on the forum start a new God bashing topic nearly every week. I can't ignore it if a new topic pops up every week! And the majority of these individuals have no tolerance. I just need this off my chest so I can focus on more important things, maybe should just ignore it more, not like it's affecting me if I don't post in those threads.

470What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:33 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

MicasR wrote:I have been avoiding my local forums for the past few weeks, not because I have exams that I need to write and such, but because the user base there is really starting to grind my gears, specifically on one topic. Religion. Now I'm cool with people saying religion is shit and in many cases it is just man made with all man made flaws and errors and "press ok to send bug report" which makes no difference either way. But what really grinds my gears is that the atheists on the forum start a new God bashing topic nearly every week. I can't ignore it if a new topic pops up every week! And the majority of these individuals have no tolerance. I just need this off my chest so I can focus on more important things, maybe should just ignore it more, not like it's affecting me if I don't post in those threads.

Then my tip is to ignore them untill after your exams. And possibly longer.
And another tip from me is: Never argue with an Atheïst. You`ll never win that. (Sometimes I love my parents advices)

471What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:10 pm

Aimereta

Aimereta

When people don't think before they speak. I know it's not always intentional, but something they say can be really offensive and it hurts.

http://www.freewebs.com/aimereta

472What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:37 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Atheists are like /b/, we can never lose because we quite frankly don't give two shits about a mystical power.

My view, if I live my life going good things out of the goodness of my heart and not because it is my duty under your diety, I am sure he will take pure-hearted good over duty-good.

"Oh why did you do all those good things in your life?"
"Because I wanted to"
"Go on through"

473What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:24 am

MicasR

MicasR

Damien Darkside wrote:Atheists are like /b/, we can never lose because we quite frankly don't give two shits about a mystical power.

My view, if I live my life going good things out of the goodness of my heart and not because it is my duty under your diety, I am sure he will take pure-hearted good over duty-good.

"Oh why did you do all those good things in your life?"
"Because I wanted to"
"Go on through"

Not like I'd want to condemn anyone to hell. Even I have questions regarding the validity of hell.

474What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:38 am

Drunkenvalley

On that note Christian "converters" must be some of the most intriguing hypocrites I've ever had the pleasure of setting my eyes on.

475What grinds your gears? - Page 19 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:43 am

Pietja

Drunkenvalley wrote:On that note Christian "converters" must be some of the most intriguing hypocrites I've ever had the pleasure of setting my eyes on.

Not christian. A "little" sect of christians called catholics are the most scary and hypoctitical bunch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum