Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RateTheSongAboveYou Game

+34
QazRa
bigro
Felonious Exalt
VoxDraconae
Damien Darkside
Youchip
Mr.Green
tigerfan51087
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Silverslate
not_cenaris
MicasR
Nikolai
Clockwork
Aimereta
Zumbo Prime
Haskins
Lazarus Firenze
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
Maple_Fish
Trevon Fox
stephanodude
GoldenDragon
Rad
Leak
Winds
Smelge
Biocat
Zaran
Pietja
Kuraj
Xenathos
26_9
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

201RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:18 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Picked up the second – 8/10, excelent for playing UT 2004.

Old and classic:

202RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:22 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Hell, yes.

203RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:03 pm

Felonious Exalt

Felonious Exalt

9/10
Not a bad choice Appleclock. But I always liked this one more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtemC1vnRGM&feature=related

204RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 am

26_9

7/10

Probably mentioned ... and kinda quiet, so turn louder when listening

QuiDescri:

It starts with "computer launch" from 0:00 to 1:20; then turns into "working" part, then, on 7:50 it turns into "finally!" part. At 10:00 - "phew" part.

Oh yeah. I've found, that word "genre" has it's reason. So: this one is "neoclassic" one.

205RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Pietja

Since it's, oh, so silent, I think it'd be nice to break this silence.

So,

Uplink - The Blue Valley

Uplink music is what actually attracted me to this game and while the game itself failed to charm me, the music did. This is the first track you hear, if I remember correctly, when you start the game and it sets you in a great feeling of being waist down in a world of conspiracy 'n' corporations. It also reminds me of Deus Ex game and the music from it which means I can give no less than :

9/10

And from me...

Mr.Big released a new album called "What If...". It's nice to hear P.G. in that band, and "What If..." is a great album. Not the best, but you can just feel the joy these guys have because of playing together. It's a sound that I'd love to hear more when it comes to AOR in the second decade of 21'st century.
So, here you have, the video promoting the album and first track from it, called "Undertow" :

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

206RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Pietja

Dammit, dudes, why all is silent in music thread?!

Ok., I'll give another, maybe some Sonic fanboys will check it out...

F*** yeah, eurotrance! Grab some E's and get down on the dancefloor. Very Happy

207RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Fri May 06, 2011 4:41 am

bigro

bigro

Mr Big there gets himself a 7/10

sonic however is gonna have to get a 2/10

just gotta say, i raaally dont like video game music, especially remixes

and as per the rules of the game here is your solid piece of music to criticise at your own will
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_atFMCUJ1o

enjoy....or else Twisted Evil

208RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:21 pm

MicasR

MicasR

I REVIVE THIS THREAD IN THE NAME OF MUSIC AND AWESOMENESS

First off, The above song, tis cool, might be fitting to listen with a few buds over as some background music whilst swimming, braai-ing and getting drunk. I would give it a solid 6/10 for enjoyability.

Now, for some gaming and internet pop culture references all neatly bundled together in one awesome music video, I gives thee.

Goldfish - We come Together

209RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:42 am

Pietja

Goldfish - We come Together

Goldfish, first of all, is a great band overall. "Perceptions of Pacha", although not great with every song, has a pretty much fixed position on my HD. Thanks for introducing me to them, MicasR.

Now, as for the song itself - it's, as all Goldfish songs - catchy. Good for promotion and it goes well with the video(which I won't rate, because thread title prevents me from doing so). But then again, it's nothing exceptional. A typical feel-good song which deserves :

7/10

Millenium - Wheels Are Turning

From an album "Hourglass" that was released in year 2000. The vocalist on it was the godlike Jorn Lande. Still, the whole album has a great production value, amazing guitar licks and unbelievable dose of energy. It's both positive(like this song and the 1st one "Power To Love", "Rocket Ride" or "Superstar") energy and message as some more melancholic moments of reflection("Hourglass", "Masquerade", "No More Miracles", to name a few).

210RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:29 am

bigro

bigro

meh, I normally like that kind of music but there is something about that particular song that just makes it feel really generic and boring to me.

i give it a 3/10

And now as per rules I give you this little tune I found one day.

211RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:17 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Not amazing, but definitely catchy.

6/10

Angels-Within Temptation
I hate the music video, but I love the song. Just don't look at the screen when you listen to it.

212RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Pietja

Within Temptation - Angels

Never been a fan of the band, and when Sharon did a trance collab, I can say I started to hate her voice.
Song itself isn't anything more than most of WT stuff anyway, so I guess I'd give it

5/10

as neither annoying, neither worthy of attention.

Ok., my turn.

If there's anything I love about America, and by that I mean U.S.A., it's all things releated to the south. Seriously, the love for their country, the music, Dixie.... it's all so climatic to me as an European... north USA and western California or eastern D.C. or N.Y. seems so boring...

That's why I'll give the soul of the Great South and, at the same time, awesome metal guitarist Zakk Wylde in his accoustic album called "Book Of Shadows". This song is dedicated to whole lot of women who think rich of themselves :

213RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:47 am

MicasR

MicasR

Slow chilled vibe. Something that would fit any road trip song across country. Not much variety though and I can think of a bunch of southern songs that would fit the mood better. But apart from my own biases the song is good and I rate it a 6/10.

https://www.youtube.com/user/aKINGmusic#p/u/2/bb02QyXOVKk

Another SA band. We don't get many overseas band because of our geography and we thrive on the local scene, and sometimes the local scene makes it overseas [in the case of Die Antwoord (translated as The Answer)]. aKing, begun by some of the band members of the famous Fokofpolisiekar [translated Fuck-off-Police-car]. Shot in Buenos Aeries.

Edit: Struggling to get the video to show, just check out the link.

214RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:27 am

QazRa

Even tho' I'm not a fan of the pop/rock -genre, it actually wasn't that bad. 8/10

It's hard to pick just one song. Have to compromise..

Ensiferum - Victory Song
ww.w.youtube.com/watch?v=fyvPe0uqjjY
(meh, what's with the "no link posting in 7 days after registeration"?) Just remove the "." from the WWW and CP it..
It's a long one(10 min), but it's an interesting blend of our nation's "national epic" Kalevala's musical style (eg. at the beginning/end) and the "poetryism" of the Kalevala (eg. some lyrics, especially the ones in Finnish. Sorry 'bout that Razz) mixed with melodic heavy metal. I'm fond of the music itself more, the pacing of the music etc. than the lyrics tho'.

215RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:01 am

artimies7

artimies7

9.5/10
The only reason that I'm marking it down any is that it's a bit long to just sit and listen to.

Deer in the Headlights.

216RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:44 am

MicasR

MicasR

At first I was like: "meh, lame" Then I was like: "meh, still lame." Then when the real song started I was like "better". A thorough 7.5/10 for this one. Might have notched up a .5 but not in that mood. More into a sci-fi mood lately.

Anyway, Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit. The DICE crew from Battlefield Vietnam made an excellent remix. check it out.

217RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:47 am

Pietja

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

It kind of pisses me off that kids these days know this song from Battlefield, but, hell, at least they know it anyway. What can I say - it's a classic and discussing about classics equals to having your neck near a noose. Still, I can't say I like that song "to death". I appreciate it's meaning, both lyrical and historical, especially seeing what happened to JA singer *cough*pop-sellout!*cough*, but it's just not up my alley.
Which means I'd give it :

7/10

My pick - lately I'm very much into an anime called "Tiger and Bunny", which is pretty much about near-future superheroes earning for living by starring in a HeroTV - a sort of a reality show about X-Men like people. Lot's of product placement and advertising, but the characters and plot are, IMO, the best in japanese animation since a long time.
Thus, I'd like to give one of it's opening songs, in full version, here :

Again, don't rate the video, rate the song. And if you downrate it because you don't understand the lyrics - it's not their fault, only yours.

As far as my opinion goes - anime in general as well as opening&endings for them, which were a majour source of j-pop and j-rock for fans all around the world was getting worese and worse since a few years, but I believe that "Tiger & Bunny" OST is something noteworthy, especially if you like more indie oriented music. And love japanese language.

218RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:07 am

lloonnee2

del me pls

Last edited by lloonnee2 on Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

219RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:43 pm

RennisTora

RennisTora

Well I can't say music with screaming is my preferred genre but I pride myself on being able to listen to just about anything lloonnee2 so here goes: The beat and tune was enjoyable, I've always liked Asian music from Chinese to Japanese or Korean. Though to be honest the screaming lyrics seemed out of place to me while the rest of the song was rather calm considering.

Here's on my favorite oldies from the jukebox days, LinkingNotAloud Bobby Vinton singing Blue Velvet. I grew up going to car shows so I spent a lot of time around classic cars and old music, Note: Apparently I can't post a link until 7 days as a new member here?
Just look up "Blue Velvet-Bobby Vinton" on YoutTube and you'll find it, I'd rather not wait
7 days as I may forget... o 3 o So I'd say a 8/10 in my opinion?

220RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 am

Leak

Leak

RennisTora wrote:Just look up "Blue Velvet-Bobby Vinton" on YoutTube and you'll find it, I'd rather not wait
7 days as I may forget...
Well, it's not really my cup of tea but I'd take it over most of what gets played here on the radio any day of the week, so... 7/10

Here's "Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier" (the German title for "Groundhog Day") by Frittenbude...

221RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:14 pm

KaZe

KaZe

Leak wrote:
Here's "Und täglich grüßt das Murmeltier" (the German title for "Groundhog Day") by Frittenbude...

6.5/10 Not a huge fan of German Techno but I warmed up to this about half-way thru. Some of the scenes in the video were pretty amusing as well. (Children going up the slide in reverse was fairly funny.)

And now on to a favorite of mine from an older FPS game that I've actually never played..

I really like the singer in this one, he's like the Polish Ozzy Osbourne.

222RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:36 pm

RennisTora

RennisTora

"I really like the singer in this one, he's like the Polish Ozzy Osbourne."

Wow, he really does sound like Ozzy!
Good song in my opinion, good tune and a beat you can really head bang to! \m/, - _ - ,\m/ I give this a 9/10 as for another song um... let's see here *goes threw bookmarks* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjb75geCcMI&feature=plcp&context=C391db78UDOEgsToPDskIC3GO4VY2Zdu7-YTs7Cys-
Take Me To The Kaptin - by Prism 1977

223RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 9 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 am

26_9

7/10 at least, RT. Not too catchy, but actually sounds like "worth 1.23$ on Apple"

And now, some morning star.
"BreakzHead - It's Cold", used to play at 4 a.m. at club.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C087qRNmoRg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum