Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RateTheSongAboveYou Game

+34
QazRa
bigro
Felonious Exalt
VoxDraconae
Damien Darkside
Youchip
Mr.Green
tigerfan51087
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Silverslate
not_cenaris
MicasR
Nikolai
Clockwork
Aimereta
Zumbo Prime
Haskins
Lazarus Firenze
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
Maple_Fish
Trevon Fox
stephanodude
GoldenDragon
Rad
Leak
Winds
Smelge
Biocat
Zaran
Pietja
Kuraj
Xenathos
26_9
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

151RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon May 17, 2010 11:36 am

MicasR

MicasR

Completely not my genre, but still a good song. I respect its retro-ness.

6.3/10

May I introduce: Jax Panik:

152RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon May 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Winds

Winds

5/10 Not my genre at all, but I guess it would be a good listen to those who enjoyed the music.

Saw these guys live and loved them.

153RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon May 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Pietja

Baroness - The Sweetest Curse

Interesting stuff. Vocalist wasn't too good and the production is a little annoying, but composition is solid.

7/10 from me.

Legendary band form Brazil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ESt3FnJ7I - Angra - The Shadow Hunter

One of the best concept albums ever released. Expand the notes to see the lyrics.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

154RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Thu May 20, 2010 7:20 am

GoldenDragon

9/10, I like it.
Might not be to everyone's taste, but here's a couple of songs by an underground hip-hop group called Styles Of Beyond.
Styles Of Beyond - Nine Thou (Superstars Remix)
Styles Of Beyond ft Celldweller - Shapeshifter

RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Rock

155RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Thu May 20, 2010 9:06 am

MicasR

MicasR

Nice. 8/10 for those two. Never heard of it before but I do now Razz

Die Antwoord, recently got a big international contract and I believe they are popular in the Netherlands (for reasons I cannot fathom). Still, worth mentioning.

Enter the Ninja

156RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Fri May 21, 2010 6:27 am

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

Um.. 6/10 Beat was okay, flow not so much

Flowers by Nujabes (R.I.P)

157RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sat May 22, 2010 3:24 am

Leak

Leak

8/10 - not my favourite kind of hip hop (too repetitive), but cool nonetheless.

Apparat - Komponent

158RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Thu May 27, 2010 6:06 am

MicasR

MicasR

5/10

Defintly not my type of music No

Goldfish - Fort Knox

159RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun May 30, 2010 10:56 pm

Pietja

Good stuff for dancing. Funky, jazzy - good stuff. It has radio quality yet it's better than most stuff that is aired. I like it.

8/10

A tribute song from the upcoming tribute album by Jorn Lande for Ronnie James Dio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEtyaC6ltQg - Song For Ronnie James

160RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:28 pm

MicasR

MicasR

I didn't like it that much to be honest, not that bad, but not something I'd recommend: a 7/10 is the best I can give it and another 0.5 for the music video self.

Here is a very good local band, you might not understand the lyrics, but the video itself should suffice Wink
Van Coke Kartel - Voor Ons Stof Word

Also check out this song from the same band.

Van Coke Kartel - Verdoof Vergifitg Verskoon My

161RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:15 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Didn't understand a word, but the songs are great, love that temp and vocal. 8/10 overal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5nCCfdvUgI

162RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Silverslate

Silverslate

Although I didn't understand a single word he was saying, it was a fine song. Everything about this song was great, the pacing, the instruments used, the beautiful voices of the supporting singers...but I'm not too fond of the style and pacing. I'm sure many disagree with me, but my taste in music is...well, just different.

7/10 from me. It would get higher if I was more of a fan of the genre presented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRhaXr5_x5o

163RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Pietja

Syrsa - Locust - Targnil

I like it! That's the kind of electronic music I consider good. I like the style, I love the vibe and the atmosphere it creates. It would be a great track for some kind of ingame club in the upcoming Deus Ex 3 game.

9/10

Ok., here's a song that represents what my friend usually listens :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPGm4Fbo0Q - The Black Keys "Just Got To Be"

Although nowdays he made a progression towards 80's like rock, wich he always loather and couldn't belive I could listen to it. I told him, "one day you'll love it too", and shazam!

Anyway, I don't particularly like this track, nor I know this band very well, but it's one of the few modern bands he listens - maybe because they don't sound modern - and I just came back from beerwalk with him, and this song poped out in my head.
So, here it is.

164RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:44 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

"Time Of Dying" by 3 Days Grace and "Blow Me Away" by Breaking Benjamin

165RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 pm

MicasR

MicasR

No Link, No Rate. Fundamental law of the universe.

Dans Dans Dans by Jack Parow, you might not understand the lyrics [except if your Dutch or somehow understand Afrikaans] But the video and music self is quite good.

PS. Dans Dans Dans= Dance Dance Dance

166RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Pietja

Dans Dans Dans by Jack Parrow

I don't like rap, I'm disagree with hip-hop culture in most cases, but I must say that I like rap with... lyrics I can't understand. Especially in french or japanese, but afrikaans works quite well too. As always, I don't rate lyrics, in this case it would be even harder, so I'll go with other values.
I liked the intro with broken beat, too bad it ended so soon. Could turn into some interesting progression.
As I've mentioned, the language is interesting to hear, as it isn't a very popular one. Jack Parrow's voice isn't annoying, it fits well to the beat, so as the guy who sings in the chorus. And, the chorus can dig into memory, due to it's simplicity.
But it's not my genre though, so I can't give more than

6/10

But if I'd rate the video it would be 7/10. Nice hat and sexy mummy. Very Happy

Ok., time for some pop. Pop that should be played in any existing music television. The best pop album I've heard since... well, I'll post that one later. Very Happy

Anyway,

Roisin Murphy - Let Me Know

One of her more... joyful songs on the album.
It's strange that I don't like her previous band Moloko though...

167RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:36 am

MicasR

MicasR

Ok song, if it played on the radio I'd enjoy it, but wouldn't listen to it wilfully.
The rhythm is good and the music video is well done. I give it a 7/10.

Pietja, I believe you might like this song [or maybe not, who knows Razz]

Van Coke Kartel - Maniac

168RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:22 am

Pietja

Van Coke Kartel - Maniac

A great song with a very good cover. I have sentiment for it, so I won't even try with any level of objectivism here.

9/10 from me, because it's one of the best covers of this song I've heard. It has it's mood & atmosphere.

Ok., I love Arjen Lucassen's work, his Ayreon project, his Guilt Machine and of course, his Star One project. He's a fantastic lyricist, composer and performer. He makes awesome concept albums. And how he gets all of those wonderfull musicians on his album, I have no idea Very Happy.
Anyway :

Star One - Intergalactic Space Crusaders

A song that makes me want to explore space.
And play Homeworld, as an alternative. Very Happy

169RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:06 am

tigerfan51087

170RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:24 pm

Mr.Green

Mr.Green

7/10
Its intro is kind of meh but I can handle it.

171RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:24 am

Pietja

Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears

Woo! 80's! And Tears For Fears, for that matter.
Annother of many one-hit wonder bands, unfortunately, riding on the wave of the late 70's and almost all 80's, that is the cold wave of music, synthpop and new romantic!
Oh, how I do labels.

I like it. I like most synthpop/cold wave/new romantic 80's bands I've heard, and Tears For Fears were quite popular but unfortunately butchered by radio and MTV that played I just died in your arms tonight over and over again.
I knew this song, but I haven't heard it for a while though.

8/10 from me.

Ok., a real, real classic.

Pantera - Shattered

R.I.P. Dime, hope you're shredding with Dio out there somwhere.

172RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:03 am

Youchip

Youchip

oops double post how do i delete

Last edited by Youchip on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total

173RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:04 am

Youchip

Youchip

well
im not a huge Pantera fan but I can appreciate all kinds of music
after dancing as my hobby for years you can hear all the detail
plus that solo is crazy Razz 8/10

Late Night Alumni - Seemingly Sleepy

174RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:24 am

MicasR

MicasR

joh. Nice song. Has a lekker beat to it. Enjoy ed it a lot. If that album has more good songs like that, I demand you send me the torrent NOW!

9/10

Here's a nice song to kick off the spring, on a rainy day like this Razz

175RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 7 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:13 am

Pietja

Goldfish - Cruising Through

I have to say, as soon as first piano notes kicked in, i jumped out of my chair, ran to my closet door/mirror and started dancing before it! Very Happy
Great song with jive feel. Great band. Perfect execution and producion. Whenever there's a house party I weep that eveyone wants to hear current MTV shiet Gaga or alike instead music for fukken dancing! This song is good excercise for the fluency of hips and legs movement.
Me likey.

9/10

Hm. What should I give to ya...

Let's try this :

I was never too much into Jane's Addiction, but I love Trust No One solo record of Dave Navarro and I love Red Hot Chili Peppers album One Hot Minute with Dave on it. He gave peppers a serious creative kick, he made a great album with them, much darker than previous ones, but my personal favourite.
It's sad that he kind of sold himself to MTV... but nevertheless, he's a great guitarist and a very good vocalist.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum