Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RateTheSongAboveYou Game

+34
QazRa
bigro
Felonious Exalt
VoxDraconae
Damien Darkside
Youchip
Mr.Green
tigerfan51087
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Silverslate
not_cenaris
MicasR
Nikolai
Clockwork
Aimereta
Zumbo Prime
Haskins
Lazarus Firenze
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
Maple_Fish
Trevon Fox
stephanodude
GoldenDragon
Rad
Leak
Winds
Smelge
Biocat
Zaran
Pietja
Kuraj
Xenathos
26_9
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

176RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:31 am

MicasR

MicasR

Good song, the rhythm is ok, I give it a 7/10

HiKaToRi - Johnson Hates Me

This, for me, is a extremely well done animated music video, leaps and bounds ahead of this bands other animated vids. The animation looks good and fits the whole arcade side scroller theme of the music video. I really enjoy it and I think it's a great song to promote their new album.
I think I should buy it.

177RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:22 am

Pietja

HiKaToRi - Johnson Hates Me

I don't rate videos, so no points for that, I'm afraid, although it's a well done animation, but does not go too well with the music.
As for the music. I don't like it. Can't really tell why, it just doesn't caught my attention. Actually, I find it a little annoying.

So, max 5/10 from me.

Ok., here's some piano music :

Isaac Shepard - Before Dawn.

Some of you may find it fammiliar, because it was included (as few other Shepard compositions) in flash game called music catch.
All I can say to recommend his work is that I - a person that tries to stay as far as possible from Apple stuff, got himself and iTunes to buy this album.
I hope that recommendation will suffice. Wink

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

178RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:05 pm

Mr.Green

Mr.Green

10/10
Thats an amazing piano piece, I love that kind of music.

179RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Pietja

30 Seconds To Mars - Edge of The Earth

Oh lord. I'm shattered. Great production, but who cares if the song is fukken annoying & irritating?
No interesting composition, vocalist is awful, no interesting melodies or rythmic parts. Worse than interesting. They're awful. My ears hurt.
But the production is top notch, and for that

3/10 from me

Ok., some oriental stuff, from great Kiyoshi Oshida. Probably his most known song :

180RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:33 am

MicasR

MicasR

mmm... Nice oriental stuff.

I give it a 7/10

I suddenly had a craving for Queen. So, please enjoy Bohemian Rhapsody

181RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Youchip

Youchip

Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the most epic songs ever
10/10

RJD2 - Here's What's Left

182RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Leak

Leak

Youchip wrote:RJD2 - Here's What's Left
God, I've just loved that track since the CD came out... 10/10

Here's something a little different...

Venetian Snares - Második Galamb

183RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Sorry, I cannot post anything to follow Queen.

Oh wait.

[HD]自主制作アニメーション『the TV show』

184RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:02 am

Leak

Leak

Damien Darkside wrote:Sorry, I cannot post anything to follow Queen.
Uh, epic fail much?

Venetian Snares != Queen, and Queen is so last page anyway...

185RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:57 am

Pietja

I'll rate both, but please do follow the topic rule :

自主制作アニメーション - The TV Show

Note that 自主制作アニメーション is not a name of the band, it means "Indie Animation". And I'm pretty sure that's not the name of the band.

Anyway, nice tune. A little too loud, but it was made to fit the clip wich describes japanese tv shows pretty well, and while thinking of it as a whole, it's a very good track.
Again, I don't rate videos though. And because it can be a litlle tedious after second listening, my rating is 8/10.

Venetian Snares - Második Galamb

Not into Drum'n'Base much, I just can't find the appeal that fans of that music find in it. Drum beat is pretty standard, from what I've heard in most cases, but it has some interesting variations in spite of all.

7/10 from me.

Ok., something from me, the pretender (and a winner in my book) for the best song of 2010 if not in the history of mankind.

Clickie!

186RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Leak

Leak

Pietja wrote:Ok., something from me, the pretender (and a winner in my book) for the best song of 2010 if not in the history of mankind.

Clickie!

Gah... RickRoll'd AGAIN! Kinda. Uh...

Well, it's definitely refreshing to hear something new from Rick, but it doesn't knock me off my socks... 8/10.

Here's something new from Underworld instead:

187RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:40 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

The video is terrible, but song is nice. Not understanding the lyrics, anyway. 7\10.

188RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:54 pm

Mr.Green

Mr.Green

LOLWTF
That video was like tripping balls in 100 different ways.
Anyway 10/10 cause it was hilarious too.

189RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:34 pm

Pietja

Oceanlab - Ashes (Oliver Smith Remix)

I like Oceanlab but this remix is not for my tastes. Too upbeat. Maybe if I didn't know original, but I do know it, so only

7/10 from me.

Ok., something from me :

Modern pop songs re-made in 50's r'n'r/rockabilly fashion? Hell yes! Me likey!
Very uplifting reedition, tons better than original.

This band, for those who don't know them, makes covers in that style of many popular songs, like Rihanna's Umbrella or Gaga's Poker Face. The effects are fantastic, because they sound both modern and yet so 50's. And they hail from - who'd know - Germany.
Anyway, I recommend them.

190RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Mr.Green

Mr.Green

8/10
Good song is just have a hard time replaying it over and over and over again.
Good song though.

191RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:58 am

Pietja

Milt Buckner - The Beast

Ah, my uncle had some of viyl recorings of his.
Short, sleazy & smooth, good ol' jazz, a little on the lounge side. I wanna lit one because of that song, and take a shot of whiskey.

9/10 from me.

Ok., a classic from me Very Happy :

192RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:21 am

JimmyDimples

JimmyDimples

Bananaphone... it's sweet, mellow, quirky, fun, pleasantly colored, and it made me move. Not an epic tune, or pushing the envelope, but it doesn't have to. I give it 8/10.

Here's another one from Lemon Demon -- Action Movie Hero Boy.

http://jimmydimples.deviantart.com

193RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:54 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

I've heard Lemon Demon's songs before, and this seems to be as interesting as the others, and I like interesting... 9/10

I have a list of songs I listen to when I draw and this is one of them, but its kind of different from most of them (but not very different.

Click-----here

194RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:15 am

Pietja

Hollywood Undead - Young

25 seconds of promising intro turned into god-awful puddle of mud (Puddle of Mud is also awful, btw). Songs like these were inspiration for Brutal Legend intro, to wich I couldn't agree more. Mainstream rock/metal wannabe.

2/10 from me. I raeg when I hear dry horse dung like this.

From me... hm... let's see.

Something from Greece :

Well, my face was melted, like almost everytime I hear any greek guitarist. I mean, they may suck at economy, but who gives a fukk when they have such great guitarists as Bob Katsionis, Dimitris Nassios, Theodore Kalantzakos, Jon Simvonis, Gus G. or female Orianthi Panagaris(she played with Michael Jackson, for example), an Australian denizen, nevertheless a greek from blood.
Some good ol' greek pantheon blood in them, for sure! Very Happy

195RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:21 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Pietja wrote:
Some good ol' greek pantheon blood in them, for sure! Very Happy

they wield the power of the guitar god

196RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:14 am

Silverslate

Silverslate

Very nice guitar playing there. 8.5/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrtXkik0ey0

197RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:19 am

MicasR

MicasR

It's not bad. 7.5 out of a possible 10. Better than 7, but just not an 8.

Ok, so recently [20th September] Goldfish released their new Album, I just happened to buy it Friday, and I must say, it is awesome!. If you like this song I'm going to post, don't be afraid to buy the album on iTunes or on their website, it really is worth it.[From your angle it probably looks like I'm trying to sell it to you guys mwha Razz]

From their Website:
Get busy Living (Featuring Emily Bruce) – Goldfish have done it again. Blissful uplifting pianos, an absolutely huge chorus, all tied up with a slamming beat. Featuring the honeyed vocals of super-talent Emily Bruce, “This track took us completely by surprise. It morphed from a jam we had during a gig and just opened up into a full song…All the best ideas seem to happen to us when we aren’t trying to make something. As soon as you try… you’re screwed!” muses Dom.

198RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:27 pm

Leak

Leak

Yeah, it's quite nice though not earth-shattering... 8/10

Here's something more local to me, also from a just-released album:

199RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:00 am

VoxDraconae

7/10

Not usually a dance kind of guy, but that is a chill tune. Also, seeing dancing like that makes me sad about how wildly uncoordinated I am- I am a threat to everyone around me.

These guys I've only just recently gotten into, but they make me really happy for some reason i don't understand. Also, I swear this is my car's favorite band. It's kinda weird.

Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis:

https://youtu.be/sEXHeTcxQy4

200RateTheSongAboveYou Game - Page 8 Empty Re: RateTheSongAboveYou Game Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:09 am

Pietja

Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis.

2/10

No. Just no. Not that kind of alt-rock. NME chowder and alike. Awful.

Some oldie, electronic classics :

Dunne - Espiral

or

Pick your poison.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum