Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Introduce Yourself!

+145
bobcat_ronron
Two-Ton-Neko
rabbitmaskedman
indrejue
Nate_the_Great
Avankiri
cytos
cirby
BadShot
arthurnonimus
Raptor jesus
Zidneya
SPRoss
Nahaara
NightDelSolEXE7
desii3d
Conchobhar
Cayenne
slothking
Chorizowagon
kieno
campfirestring
FaanVolla
Dragonwolf
Contrast
pablowapsi
Biohazyrd
waffllecat
Hells-Reaver
Bunyip
chiefdog
Auroralikethesunrise
Doctursea
TaoOfMike
Tzmhero
Riikano-Alinaris
MyExodus
MadDragon
Ghostwolf
RennisTora
Cutter
WreckedRegent7
Dark_Avenger
Darth Bothersome
Arion
CrimsonZeke
Mikanada
Brecket
QazRa
vevans0009
SquirrelDash
artimies7
Night_Fox
Dreadstunlock
Dreas_Dris
bigro
templargm
xj2379
Teh Clok
Hayley
3D Ninja
Freehander
jdannels
Whisper
Veronox
The Mighty Monkey
Grandia
Kyderra
TheGreatHibiki
Brikien93
Worgendonor
Felonious Exalt
yellowrock
Nitrosparxx
Xan
VoxDraconae
sneakerfox
Latrans
Mr.Green
Youchip
Sauerpuss
SuperEngie
Haventownsend
dog3oy
Damien Darkside
tigerfan51087
SCKnight14
BeDaOrLiSeAr
ShayuaHaise
Ciaran Nihill
MicasR
billy-bob
Inakan
jinmartt
sparky101
Zumbo Prime
Clockwork
not_cenaris
JimmyDimples
Leak
jollyjack
p1x13st1ck
Aimereta
Nikolai
Clutchbone
Old Scratch
the good samaritan
blind_dead_mcjones
Frist
servomoore
Theo
Twitch
cammyjag
patanu102
Dude523
Tom
GoldenDragon
Maple_Fish
Zaran
Liam
cenaris
Pietja
Rad
stephanodude
Retsof
Trevon Fox
CalDayton
mariachidevil
Forthwol
MadxHatter123
Ellis
26_9
NINJA!
Lazarus Firenze
dready
hiddenflame
TheJim
Biocat
Xenathos
The Doctor
Paranoid
Smelge
xivk
Concrete
xombie
149 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

176Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:02 pm

Veronox

Veronox

"Veronox" is a modification of "Venom".
Born in the North, moved to the South, citizen of Earth. No different from you or anyone else and should be treated as such.
Science! Writing is my main. Writer's block = Worst thing ever.
PROBABLY RvB.com, MAYBE TVTropes, ABSOLUTELY an act of God/Destiny.

I'm Catholic (If it matters. I treat all equally, and I believe that all religions/beliefs should live in harmony).
I migrated here from the absolutely horrendous Halo: Reach forums on Bungie.net, for obvious reasons at this point.

I'm an avid gamer, and writer.
I love/like techno, Frank Sinatra, anything that isn't Bieber related, Sequential Art, Jolly Jack, imagining the impossible.

Glad to be here. The white background hurts my eyes, though, compared to Bungie.net's bluish-black format.

I'll adjust, though.

177Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty *:U* Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:03 am

Whisper

Whisper

Yep, I'm new. I hope I don't break anyone's sense of nostalgia because I have changed your forum forever. Naw...the only thing different is me. That's okay...right?

178Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Veronox

Veronox

I also love Mayhem.

179Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:17 pm

jdannels

How you chose your name: it's my name
Where you're from: Midwest, USA
What you're studying/hobbies: I've studied art for years and have developed a cartoony style that some love and others consider blase... oh well. I have been a computer tech for years and years and years and years and .....

How you found the site/forums: I've actually been watching this site for almost two years now. I love Sequential Art and I find myself coming back daily to see if anything new has bee put up.

In the mean time. I've found myself wanting some desktop artwork and have made some that I've been using for a few months now. I like them, and I'm thinking about putting them up for others to see. They are based on the Sequential Art characters and also some select panels from a few apsara series. Don't worry, it's never more than 1 panel that I base the entire background on.

For now, I just wanted to drop a line and say HI to all!

180Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:57 pm

Freehander

How you chose your name- I chose my name because for one, I don't like using tools. It makes me feel... Strange, in a sense. Just let your hand do the work.

Where you're from- Alaska. Love me some Summa time, hate me some Winta time.

What you're studying/hobbies- Hm. I mainly just doodle at home, and that's it. No real studies. But, I absolutely love reading books. It's an addiction really.

How you found the site/forums- I found the site through a friend, whom also found it through a friend. I found the forums by curiously exploring the site more, and observing the "Forum" button. I then said, "Sure. Why not?"

181Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:59 pm

3D Ninja

3D Ninja

How you chose your name: I chose it because Im' obsessed with creating 3D models/animations and can work incredibly quickly.

Where you're from: Southern USA.

What you're studying/hobbies: I'm currently studying 3D animation and stopmotion through practice using Lightwave, 3DS Max, and Blender. I am 100% self taught. For fun I recreate old video games in short 2-3 minute movies.

How you found the site/forums: I found the site after seeing a few strips of Sequential Art and hunting down their origin to find this wonderful place.

https://www.youtube.com/frogjedi4

182Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:24 am

Hayley

Hayley

How you chose your name: It's my name. Wink

Where you're from: Scottish Borders of Scotland.

What you're studying/hobbies: Line drawing, reading, partying, etc.

How you found the site/forums: JollyJack Collected Curios Website Link, fair 'nuff.

http://morwenlorelie.deviantart.com/

183Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:04 am

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

What's a "line drawing"?

184Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:17 am

Hayley

Hayley

appleclock wrote:What's a "line drawing"?

A simple pencil drawing without shade and colour.

http://morwenlorelie.deviantart.com/

185Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Teh Clok

Teh Clok

How you chose your name: It's unique.

Where you're from: North Carolina, then my old man moved up to Alaska, brought me with 'im

What you're studying/hobbies: Music. =)

How you found the site/forums: I explored. A lot.

Last edited by Teh Clok Wurk Head on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

186Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:47 am

xj2379

xj2379

hi! I am new to this site as a whole. It was on April fools that I stumbled upon Sequential Art and was instantly hooked. As for a brief introduction:

My name is the same name I use for anything I sign up for...I have no idea how I came up with it in the first place...it was kinda random and had a little flow to it.
I am from Alberta, Canada. Awesome eh? Best part is there's oil here. Wink
I am a high school student right now...trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.
I found this site while stumbling and read the entire Sequential Art series twice within the first week of finding it and recommeneded it to a few friends.
Some of my hobbies include sport (hockey, lacrosse, snowboarding, etc.) drawing, writing poetry, playing video games and busking.
My biggest dream is to one day travel the world (on the cash I make busking)

With this being said I am going to go back to enjoying my life. Smile

Happy hunting,
xj

187Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty hello! Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:45 am

templargm

Hi

I've been a fan of JollyJack for at least a year now, but I'm new to this forum. I don't know why it took me so long to register.

My Name is Dave, I'm an aspiring comic book artist from Ohio, USA. I haven't had anything published yet, but some projects are beginning to show promise.

my true love is penciling, but people tell me I'm best with coloring, so I've been trying to brush up on it as much as i can (pun intended Razz)

my DeviantArt page can be found here:
http://templargm.deviantart.com/

188Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri May 06, 2011 4:22 am

bigro

bigro

Hi all Very Happy i'm gonna be using this forum to vent a little, wheter or not you enjoy that is up to you.(im talking to all you masochists out there)

How you chose your name: its what ive been known as since 6th grade. and its stuck since

Where you're from: the great red rock under everything else...thats right AUSTRALIA! and not just any part, i used to live in alice springs until recently Very Happy

What you're studying/hobbies: hobbies include; bieng a pot of awesome, eating, sleeping, breathing and bieng a general menace to those who dare oppose me.

How you found the site/forums: i clicked a button and i saw a fresh forum with no-one i recognised...you're in for it folks Twisted Evil

that'll do for now, if you are all good little girls and boys i might reveal more about myself. for now HI!

189Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu May 19, 2011 4:13 pm

Dreas_Dris

Dreas_Dris

Can't remember if I ever did this or not so I'm going to do it, and if I already have, OH WELL.

How you chose your name: Didn't want to use the same old thing I've been using since middle school. Part of it was the name of my Sugar Glider. both Dreas and Dris mean the same thing and if the multiple translators I used were correct they mean Bramble, which was this (-) close to being my REAL name at birth.

Where you're from: Kentucky, USA

What you're studying/hobbies: Studying nothing, hobbies are pencil art, tattooing and reading. I also enjoy sculpting but no longer have access to supplies Sad

How you found the site/forums: Found JollyJack on Deviantart and eventually stumbled upon one of his works that had a link to collectedcurios. I am very thankful for that.

190Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue May 24, 2011 2:55 am

Dreadstunlock

How you chose your name: I was playing World of Warcraft, and they had a race called "Dreadlords" they were vampiric looking undead demons that I always really liked because of their model. Stunlock came from the time I played a rogue class in the burning crusade expansion, and subtlety rogues were very knbown for their ability to be able to stun their opponents for a huge duration of time before the opponent has a chance to attack back.

Where you're from: I am from Lithuania and I am part Russian since my parents were originated from there during the Soviet Union, I moved to UK, it's really nice here apart from couple of hoodies and chavs.

What you're studying/hobbies
My hobbies are mostly 95% staying in drawing on my huge easel and on my computer on Photoshop and Corel Painter with a Wacom Tablet, I want to study hard enough to become a new worker at the Blizzard Entertainment Company, so wish me luck Smile For now I am just trying to perfect my fundamental skills, one of them being proportions and being able to draw cute girls to attract attention to my DeviantArt, just like Jack did Very Happy
I also sold 1 commision work for my friend for 30 pounds, not about the money, but selling a commision work is just really a good feeling.

How you found the site/forums
Purely by accident, I got bored because I always sucked and then I am seeing a character that was so cute and sexy, by the name of KAT, so I was thinking, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! That guy uses the hairstyle on the girl I love! So I clicked and BOOOOOOOOOOM! TITTIES! Millions swashes of titties, every size every area! SO yeah, that's mostly it Smile Power of boobs, don't joke Smile

191Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue May 24, 2011 3:50 am

Youchip

Youchip

That has to be the best "how I found the site" ever

192Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue May 24, 2011 8:21 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Dreadstunlock wrote:
My hobbies are mostly 95% staying in drawing on my huge easel and on my computer on Photoshop and Corel Painter with a Wacom Tablet,

just curious, what kind of Wacom tablet?

193Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue May 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Dreadstunlock

BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:
Dreadstunlock wrote:
My hobbies are mostly 95% staying in drawing on my huge easel and on my computer on Photoshop and Corel Painter with a Wacom Tablet,

just curious, what kind of Wacom tablet?

It's a Bamboo CTF-430, they do not sell them anymore, but at the time it was like, quite an expensive item which costed around..100-200£?

But even today, after 10 years, it still works, really great item, profit is made already through all the drawings I did, very well pleased.

And the last piece I made was a copy of Tuneage drawing by JollyJack.

http://dreadstunlock.deviantart.com/#/d3h3f7a

194Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Hello Earthlings! :3 Fri May 27, 2011 1:25 am

Night_Fox

Night_Fox

Eh.. I don't really know why I chose this name, I guess it reflects what my interests are, which would most likely be the night, and canines(not exactly foxes, :3), and pretty much anything that's furry Very Happy

I live in the Philippines by the way, a small country composed of mostly islands in southeast Asia. It's pretty tropical here and very hot, but we get by x3

In the nest few weeks/days, I'm going to be taking up a biology course which will hopefully prepare me to become a zoologist or a paleontologist. cat I also like photography and poetry, and I do my best to get into it as much as I can. Oh, I also do a little drawing, but their not so great, so yeah :3

I forgot how I actually found out about collectedcurios(I think it came from random web browsing and what not Smile) but I just found out about the forums today(even though I've known the site for about 6 months) x3

Hope I can stay active in teh forums and join in on the fun! lol!

http://saddened-lines.deviantart.com

195Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:18 pm

artimies7

artimies7

Chosen the name: Long story.

Here we go. I was reading the artemis fowl series a couple years ago and liked it a bit. The next day, I was introduced to a MMO that I don't play anymore and had to choose a username. I was thinking, and I remembered the books I was reading yesterday. (If you're wondering how I read the whole series in one day, keep in mind it was summer, I had nothing else to do, and there was only, like, three books that I had access to at the time. Plus I'm a fast reader.) So I wanted to name myself Artemis7, but being 8~9 at the time, I misspelled it artimies7. Good?

I live in my mental fanfiction, stories, and plans. Physically, though, I'm a Minnesotan.

It's summer, so my hobbies involve mucking around on a couple games like Elements the Game and Minecraft as well as keeping up on webcomics like JJ's and a couple others that I can't recall right now. Once my computer kills itself, though, I am skilled with duct tape and have created some rather impressive doohickeys with it. (Think warhammers, satchels, and flower boquets.)

How I found CC: A friend on the Elements chatroom linked one of the Sequential Art comics to the wall, and I nearly busted my gut laughing. Which comic it was, I can't remember, but that's usual for me. The forums in particular: I have a bad habit of emptying my overstuffed mind out on the Interwebs instead of exploding or forgetting.

196Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:58 pm

SquirrelDash

My name somewhat of a story. It was originally "Squirrel" on another Forum. After I left that, I joined a different forum under the name "Squirrel-", as "Squirrel" was taken. After that, I joined (yet another) forum where "Squirrel" was taken, and that particular site didn't let me use the character "-" in my username. So I just typed out the dash. at that, SquirrelDash was born.

I'm from the USA. It's a nice place to live.

I like to play guitar, video games, and hang around deviantART.

I found this site through deviantART, in a somewhat roundabout way.

That's all I got.

197Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:55 pm

vevans0009

vevans0009

Name: vevans0009. V means that I am the fifth generation of men in my family that had the same first name before me, Edward. I like to be nick-named E5 by friends. Evans is my families last name (duh). And finally 0009 means...........nothing. I thought it just sound cool. Smile

Hobbies: I am a gamer and proud of it. Playing games from the previous generation at a young age until I got to my generations era of gaming a little after that. But I also like to listen to music and watch movies as well. Linkin Park and Star Wars all the way. Cool

Location: Live up in Mt.Washington, Kentucky. Very quiet place but surrounded by numerous houses about acres apart. Very hilly, full of trees and a lot of random animals running around. You get to feel like you are the only one alive out here since the neighbors don't come out most of the time. But they are nice people.

Job: I work part-time at UPS as a package handler. I go to a community college during the spring and the fall. I believe I deserve to have a break in the summer for the hard work I been doing to get a good grade.

I found Sequential Art by chance when I was searching around the web at other web-comics. Ever since then I was hooked to this comic like the other 20,000 or more who found it before me. Love the characters. Believe that Kat and Art will make a great couple. Pip is funny. Denizens are misunderstood and likeable beings. Love the think-tank squirrel- girls (Jade is my favorite). Can't wait to see more.

198Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:48 pm

QazRa

Origin of my name: Well, this might sound a bit unoriginal, but it's true. A long, long time ago (like 10 years ago) I had to come up with a name to be used among the internez. So I just randomly "5-fingered" the left side of the keyboard. After the resulted blubber, I deleted some letters and voilá! The name "Qazra" was born. Later I added the capital R for some "balancing".

Location: I live in the not-much-known country of Finland, in northern Europe. I live in a smallish town called Lapinlahti.

Study/hobbies: I'm about to start the second year of high-school. For hobbies, I could say that gaming for hours a day is the only one (and occasion, some doodling in my notebook).

I found this site by complete accident. I was browsing for a good wallpaper at wallbase.cc and I came up by one of the coloured characters of Sequential Art. I noticed it had some "comic style" and saw the copyright + the address to collectedcurios.com. I typed in the address and started reading SA from the beginning.
I read all the 710 strips in FOUR hours back-to-back, no breaks, no nothing. I started somewhere around 8pm (local time) and came to the #710 approx. half an hour ago (bit after 1am local). I was so hooked up on the comic, I couldn't stop reading it! I laughed at many of the strips and "aww"'ed to many aswell.

I can only say, that this is the best comic I have read in my life, and it's free! (Don't worry, I'll support JJ's work by buying the SA Volumes)
Now, I'm off to get some sleep.. Sleep

199Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:22 am

Brecket

Brecket - Nickname from my adoring (slightly annoying sister).
Location - Brisbane, Australia.
Hobbies - Internets and reading.
How you found the site/forums - In high school Sequential Art was a contributor to entertainment and something to discuss.

I finally decided to make an account because on the front page he called rioters dicks. <3

200Introduce Yourself! - Page 8 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Mikanada

Hello my name is Michael, I'm from Canada, hence the username Mikanada.

I found Sequential Art through Jay Naylor's Better Days which happens to be the first webcomic I've ever read sometime around 2009, which is right about the time he was starting Original Life.

I'm also a regular forum goer on Bittersweet Candy Bowl Forums.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum