Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Introduce Yourself!

+145
bobcat_ronron
Two-Ton-Neko
rabbitmaskedman
indrejue
Nate_the_Great
Avankiri
cytos
cirby
BadShot
arthurnonimus
Raptor jesus
Zidneya
SPRoss
Nahaara
NightDelSolEXE7
desii3d
Conchobhar
Cayenne
slothking
Chorizowagon
kieno
campfirestring
FaanVolla
Dragonwolf
Contrast
pablowapsi
Biohazyrd
waffllecat
Hells-Reaver
Bunyip
chiefdog
Auroralikethesunrise
Doctursea
TaoOfMike
Tzmhero
Riikano-Alinaris
MyExodus
MadDragon
Ghostwolf
RennisTora
Cutter
WreckedRegent7
Dark_Avenger
Darth Bothersome
Arion
CrimsonZeke
Mikanada
Brecket
QazRa
vevans0009
SquirrelDash
artimies7
Night_Fox
Dreadstunlock
Dreas_Dris
bigro
templargm
xj2379
Teh Clok
Hayley
3D Ninja
Freehander
jdannels
Whisper
Veronox
The Mighty Monkey
Grandia
Kyderra
TheGreatHibiki
Brikien93
Worgendonor
Felonious Exalt
yellowrock
Nitrosparxx
Xan
VoxDraconae
sneakerfox
Latrans
Mr.Green
Youchip
Sauerpuss
SuperEngie
Haventownsend
dog3oy
Damien Darkside
tigerfan51087
SCKnight14
BeDaOrLiSeAr
ShayuaHaise
Ciaran Nihill
MicasR
billy-bob
Inakan
jinmartt
sparky101
Zumbo Prime
Clockwork
not_cenaris
JimmyDimples
Leak
jollyjack
p1x13st1ck
Aimereta
Nikolai
Clutchbone
Old Scratch
the good samaritan
blind_dead_mcjones
Frist
servomoore
Theo
Twitch
cammyjag
patanu102
Dude523
Tom
GoldenDragon
Maple_Fish
Zaran
Liam
cenaris
Pietja
Rad
stephanodude
Retsof
Trevon Fox
CalDayton
mariachidevil
Forthwol
MadxHatter123
Ellis
26_9
NINJA!
Lazarus Firenze
dready
hiddenflame
TheJim
Biocat
Xenathos
The Doctor
Paranoid
Smelge
xivk
Concrete
xombie
149 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Introduce Yourself! Empty Introduce Yourself! Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:37 pm

xombie

xombie

I figured it would be acceptable to make an introduction thread so new lurkers can post some stuff about themselves in here before joining the larger range of conversations. I know for me it was kinda strange just fading into the threads here without prior introduction so I will also get that done here myself!

Some ideas on what to put in:
How you chose your name
Where you're from
What you're studying/hobbies
How you found the site/forums

And whatever else!

My name is Xombie, I've gone by this handle since around when Halo came out since it was a name I gave myself at a gaming café. I'm originally from Boulder, CO USA but I was also a military brat so I moved all over the USA and the world until my family settled back into Colorado. I'm currently a student at CSU in Fort Collins studying Political Science and Economics, and I'm on the CSU Logging Sports team as a sawyer.

I found this site through a Sequential Art link I got with a huge list of different web comics which I had gotten from a good friend.

I hope to fit in and contribute as much as I can, while still hopefully making some connections Very Happy

2Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:56 pm

Concrete

Alright...

I'm Concray, and I have honestly forgot what It means. :/
I'm from Sweden, I'm a student (English), a general bum, a writer in the third most pathetic meaning of the word, and an artist in the fourth highest. I'm a mediocre martial artist, and I was a member of the last forum. (That died under mysterious circumstances, I personally blame the CIA.)
I guess that's me, then...

BTW, I had no idea that logging was a competitive sport... =)

3Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:48 pm

xivk

Very late intro. lol

Name: xivk, gotten by a lose of sanity in the nexus thinking core v0.2000 after xio failed
study/hobbies: not really studying but i should, hobbies guess helping people online, pixelating, games, thinking at random
How i found the site: saw kat and scarlet on DA, tracked to jolly jack, and found this site

whatever else: @_@

http://xivk.deviantart.com/

4Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Smelge

Smelge

Name: Smelch (Was what it was meant to be, but my email ate the registration email for that name. Same thing happened on the old forum too. Fate I guess)
Place: Currently the chilly wastes of Scotland, soon to be the chilly wastes of the Northern Alps.
What?: Mostly human.
Stufflike: I mountain bike, like my cars, draw badly, can bodge most things, occasionally troll, and have good ideas that usually come to nothing. I have a sick sense of humour, and am currently using a dual-screen laptop.

5Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Paranoid

Paranoid

Name: Paranoid is a shortened version of my various other handles like ParanoidCustard, ParanoidWaltz AND SO ON. It doesn't really mean anything unfortunately.
Where: I live in New Zealand. Land of the Long White Cloud. It's nice here.
What: I'm still in high school, and i want to be an author/musician/anything else that looks like fun. Mostly an author though.
Hobbies: Writing, Reading, Watching/making films, Listening to/making music, playing video games, eating food, playing hockey (Not ice hockey mind you. real hockey.)
How i found the site/forums: Through JJ's DA a while ago. I only joined the forums recently, but i haven't been lurking on them since i found the site. So im still learning names and things.

THAT WILL BE ALL.

6Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:55 am

The Doctor

The Doctor

How you chose your name: The Doctor.
Where you're from: Far away from here.
What you're studying/hobbies: Fun
How you found the site/forums: I regularly go/lurk (I have an account under a different name) to B3ta. Saw a couple of JJ's stuff on there, and got hooked to the humor.

7Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Xenathos

Xenathos

Name: Real is not for telling. Just call me Xell or Xenathos.
Studying/hobbies: No real study yet. But doing second education in Holland. My hobbies... well Bionicle and gaming.
Found this site: I was watching just some random: Just Uploaded on DA. There I saw someone uploading Gecko Girl of JJ. Soon found out that it was a Plagirist and found the real JJ shortly after that. 2 weeks later I looked through some comments on one of his drawings and found a link to Collected Curious. Didn`t leave since.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

8Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Biocat

Biocat

Hi my name is Biocat. It's one of three online names I use, and I don't remember how it came about. I just remember trying to think of one that sounded more like a girl without obvisously being a girl. I'm a girl btw. I graduated from a 3D animation course and a game design course. Currently looking for a paying job but am working as an intern at a small game companey you've never heard of. In my down time I like to write. I also watch a bunch of tv (7 new shows a week and a bunch of older, sometimes canceled shows). Also every week I go to the movies. And I read a bunch. I can't really remember how I first found this place. I followed Jollyjack on DeviantArt for a long time first, then somehow found the site. I never checked out the forums though until the old one crashed and the new one emerged. I thought it would be a good time to finally sign up.

http://www.kristalstittle.com

9Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:42 am

TheJim

TheJim

I guess I should post here too. Hi I am TheJim, and took the name on a whim, because it was short, easy to remember and had Jim in it. Most of my online names have a variation of the name Jim or Jimmy in it somewhere.

I am a swedish student at Stockholms University, and is studying biogeology.
Some stuff I like is drawing, animals, diving, music (mostly metal and rock) and acting silly geek I think that werewolves wins over vampires every day of the week, even tuesday.

And how did I find the site and comic you ask? Like some others already have told here, It was thanks to deviantart. I was bored one day and decided to search for gorilla drawings on deviantart, and soon found a pic named "gorilla tutu". A picture that Jollyjack had made. Started to look through his gallery, liked what I saw, and then found out that he was the author of a webcomic called Sequential Art. I started reading, and it quickly became one of my favourite webcomics. I never really cared to join the forum until a couple months ago, although I've been reading the comic for over a year.

10Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:13 pm

hiddenflame

hiddenflame

Theres A Who, What, Where, Why, When and a How.

Who: HiddenFlame PWX
What: X360 / PC Pro Gamer, Digital Modding Expert. I'm just awesome for a lot more things too.
Where: Canada, and in Japan in 2011.
Why: Why Not?
When: Thirtyfirst century. March 18 199X
How: Alienware M17X, Proven The World's Best Laptop

11Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:26 am

dready

dready

How you chose your name: dready was a one of the first actual characters that I drew up and decided that he'd be partially insane in only one way: he hates his name capitalized. He was a doppelganger for a while but then he was updated to be a little more... or less... eh, he's just a weird lizard guy now.
Where you're from: Long Beach, CA (I hope to someday return to my personal paradise)
What you're studying/hobbies: Currently studying Digitital Filmmaking and Video Production at an art college, whilst my hobbies are: being a jack-of-trades, drawing, and being unable to create realistic eyes in illustrations.
How you found the site/forums: I think I came across it due to an image site when there were only 50 or so pages to the comic... oh yeah, it had a draconic-esque character with an awesome naginata in the picture.

12Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:56 am

Lazarus Firenze

Lazarus Firenze

Who: Lazarus Firenze
What: Student at Warwick College doing 3D Design, Assassin, Artist and Writer
Where: Rugby, UK
Hobbies: Drawing, writing, attacking targets with stealth and presicion and setting things on fire.
How I found this god forsaken place: JJs page.

13Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:01 pm

NINJA!

NINJA!

How you chose your name: I don't know....I couldn't think of anything else
Where you're from: Born in New England...Live in the New American South (Potter Co., Pa)...Moving to Canada next month.
What you're studying/hobbies: Genealogy, History, Philosophy, Being a Liberal and an Atheist.
How you found the site/forums: Stumble....Never got on the forums until the new one came up.

14Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:00 pm

26_9

How I've choosen:my favorite numbers
Study:Trinity-town Ortodoxy( Smile )High School.
Found:from "a-comics.ru",as a link to the original Sequential Art.

15Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Ellis

Ellis

I just joined so don't kill me yet <.<;

Who: Ellis

I found this site from some webcomic browsing. I stumbled upon Sequential Art and since then have been a fan of it.
A little about me: I'm currently a junior in high school. I'm taking classes for computer tech/networking (working on my A+, Net+, and Linux+through the year). I'm the stereotypical nerd of the school; band nerd, history nerd, computer nerd...organization nerd? Laughing If anyone PC games here, maybe we can rack up some frags one day?

It's nice to be here. Smile

16Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:55 pm

Haha! Didn't notice this topic before now Razz

Hi! My nick is @NdRiLz@ or Andrilza which is a name between my friends. My real name is André, I'm turning 16 years in december and I'm from Trondheim in Norway. Going my first year in high school where I'm doing social studies. Talking about interests you can say I'm a gamer and a comicmaniac. Also I'm active within music. I found out about collectedcurios through another webcomic and I'm now oficially adicted.

17Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:48 pm

MadxHatter123

MadxHatter123

I HAVE RETURNED, TO DO AN INTRO!! *DUN, DUN, DUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!*

Anyway, I'm JackTheIncubusWolf. I've been reading the comic for a few months, and I finally decided to join the forum. I'm a big gamer, and that's basically it.

18Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:31 pm

Forthwol

Forthwol

Name:Forthwol
How did i come to be here:Been reading Jolly Jack ever since a friend told me about it and well i thought it was about time to check out the forums.
What i do for fun:PC/console gaming(mainly PC)i draw,write,hit the heavy bag,Blast some Metal and relax. I love to play airsoft, paintball and even nerf.

19Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:37 pm

Ellis

Ellis

Forthwol wrote:Name:Forthwol
How did i come to be here:Been reading Jolly Jack ever since a friend told me about it and well i thought it was about time to check out the forums.
What i do for fun:PC/console gaming(mainly PC)i draw,write,hit the heavy bag,Blast some Metal and relax. I love to play airsoft, paintball and even nerf.

What PC games do you play?

20Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Forthwol

Forthwol

Ellis wrote:What PC games do you play?

Day of Defeat source, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Border Lands, Battle Field 2142. Those are my main online games and i play single player stuff like Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion and Fallout 3.

21Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:18 am

mariachidevil

mariachidevil

Has anyone seen Anthrofan since the big move?

22Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:31 pm

CalDayton

CalDayton

Hey all. I knew I'd find an intro thread around here somewhere, so here goes.

My name's Cal, I'm from Colorado (USA) originally but I'm spending some time in Florida at an aviation college.

I've been reading SA for, oh, I dunno, a year or so... finally got around to checking out the forum 'cause I wanted to share some art.

I'm pretty busy with school and real life, so I probably won't be around the forum much, but I'll stop in from time to time.

23Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:36 am

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

Hello my name is not Trevon it is actually a alteration of my middle name give to one of my many characters. I am from California but had to move to Florida which is such a horrible experience, not because of the people or anything just because of the simple fact that I left something dear to me in Cali. I study anything computer or video game related, and my hobbies include:
Writing
Perverted thoughts
Reading
Perverted thoughts
Swimming
Perverted thoughts
Sex jokes and innuendos
Perverted thoughts
coming up with Fan characters
and did I mention....
Perverted thoughts?

I found this site questing for anthro web comics and I stumbled upon this which I binge read for two days and finshed about 20mins ago. Then decided to check out other things which happened to be the forum!

24Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:52 am

Retsof

Retsof

Hi, Retsof here. Been lurking for a while but finally decided to join.
Hobbies: Games, Reading, Special effests in GIMP, Mediocre (spelling?) artwork.
Found Site: Browsing TVTropes.

25Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:12 pm

stephanodude

stephanodude

Hi i am stephanodude,
Hobbies: Paintball, airsoft, Games, Reading(not really)
Found site: googled silent hill nurse found the sequential art silent hill thing.
Music:Rock, soft rock, heavy rock
Why i read JJ's work: funny, awesome, sexy(sorta lol), teen humorish
race: HISPANIC!(not black)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum