Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Introduce Yourself!

+145
bobcat_ronron
Two-Ton-Neko
rabbitmaskedman
indrejue
Nate_the_Great
Avankiri
cytos
cirby
BadShot
arthurnonimus
Raptor jesus
Zidneya
SPRoss
Nahaara
NightDelSolEXE7
desii3d
Conchobhar
Cayenne
slothking
Chorizowagon
kieno
campfirestring
FaanVolla
Dragonwolf
Contrast
pablowapsi
Biohazyrd
waffllecat
Hells-Reaver
Bunyip
chiefdog
Auroralikethesunrise
Doctursea
TaoOfMike
Tzmhero
Riikano-Alinaris
MyExodus
MadDragon
Ghostwolf
RennisTora
Cutter
WreckedRegent7
Dark_Avenger
Darth Bothersome
Arion
CrimsonZeke
Mikanada
Brecket
QazRa
vevans0009
SquirrelDash
artimies7
Night_Fox
Dreadstunlock
Dreas_Dris
bigro
templargm
xj2379
Teh Clok
Hayley
3D Ninja
Freehander
jdannels
Whisper
Veronox
The Mighty Monkey
Grandia
Kyderra
TheGreatHibiki
Brikien93
Worgendonor
Felonious Exalt
yellowrock
Nitrosparxx
Xan
VoxDraconae
sneakerfox
Latrans
Mr.Green
Youchip
Sauerpuss
SuperEngie
Haventownsend
dog3oy
Damien Darkside
tigerfan51087
SCKnight14
BeDaOrLiSeAr
ShayuaHaise
Ciaran Nihill
MicasR
billy-bob
Inakan
jinmartt
sparky101
Zumbo Prime
Clockwork
not_cenaris
JimmyDimples
Leak
jollyjack
p1x13st1ck
Aimereta
Nikolai
Clutchbone
Old Scratch
the good samaritan
blind_dead_mcjones
Frist
servomoore
Theo
Twitch
cammyjag
patanu102
Dude523
Tom
GoldenDragon
Maple_Fish
Zaran
Liam
cenaris
Pietja
Rad
stephanodude
Retsof
Trevon Fox
CalDayton
mariachidevil
Forthwol
MadxHatter123
Ellis
26_9
NINJA!
Lazarus Firenze
dready
hiddenflame
TheJim
Biocat
Xenathos
The Doctor
Paranoid
Smelge
xivk
Concrete
xombie
149 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

26Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:07 am

26_9

Well...maybe "introduce" means "introduce image"?
So there will be my one after 2 days...but no.It won't.

27Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:40 am

Rad

Rad

How you chose your name: Rad: short for Rad Machine, came from an interesting mechanic in Greek Theatre, Dues Ex Machina (God From Machine), where a character is in a corner and there is no way of saving the character until a god swoops down and saves him/her. On a pulley system, which is a machine. Cool, huh?

I'm no god, nor am I even close. Although, my name has evolved into Rad Machinist on some places so... yeah.

Just Call me "RAD".

Where you're from: New York City. Exactly... Brooklyn, New York.

What you're studying/hobbies: Well, in High School, I was a band/ theater nerd, a generally good student (I tried to keep a B average to keep the expectations low... y'know?) I graduated with a 91.3 average... which is an A. <_< National Honors Society, International Thespian Society... blah blah blah... went to college for a year, dropped my classes in the summer semester and moved from Texas back to New York.

Now I'm trying to find another job... again. I'm wasting away, I might have motivation atrophy... but yeah. I'm here... still.

How you found the site/forums: A friend tossed me a link a while back and I've been reading since then. Love SA. When I looked and saw that he uploaded the last for the year I was quite sad. It's part of my routine when I'm online to look here. (not here here... but at SA) But a man does need his rest.
I love Dot Zombie 2.5. Although it gets REAALLY HARD REALLY FAST! X.X
Anyway... yeah, that's how I'm here in a nutshell.

Random thing about myself: I'm a SNES gamer, not much of a new gen guy. I like games like Super Metroid, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Final Fantasy 4 and 6. Kefka is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much cooler than that mama's boy. He succeeded. There done.
Favorite Super nintendo Character? Prometheus (R-66Y or as you know him...Robo) from Chrono Trigger.
"You can call me anything."

28Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Pietja

mariachidevil wrote:Has anyone seen Anthrofan since the big move?

I think he was here (on the new forum, that is) for a short while, then he dissapeared.

And I never introduced myself, so :

Nick : Pietja, because that's how my friends call me, or - for my older friends Pita. First one is, as I assume, a russian for Peter, wich is my name (Piotr in polish), Pita is also a play on the name.

From where do I hail : Poland, quite a big town near capitol city Warsaw. Good for living, but not to exciting. Good thing Warsaw have tons of things to do on weekends.

What do I study/hobby etc
: Currently - sociology. Hobbies - drawing, guitar, reading, mixing alcohol (a creative usage of my old adiction), girls, women in all pleasing to the eye shapes Wink.
I'm working in a cable tv/internet provider. And I do... various things, from working with people, alone, inside, outside, on the streets, in warm office, clients houses, on the roofs, in the garages, with the mainframe, with the minor instalation elements... basicly, I do what is need to be done, only when there is no one else to do it.

How I found CC site : Honestly, I don't remember. One day I was just browsing for a webcomics to read and I found this site. I liked the first strip, because I could relate to Art's pain of a lacking Ctrl-Z function in pens Very Happy.

And that's all there is, I guess.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

29Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:13 pm

cenaris

cenaris

I don't think I ever introduced myself on the new forums (I never really saw a reason to since most users probably know what I do from the previous one). But there are new faces around, so...

How you chose your name: Who knows? It was just a name I chose and it stuck. I quite like it, and that's the truth.

Where you're from: A boring little corner of England named Dover. White cliffs, the castle, all that, blah blah blah. But I won't advertise it, I'll just mention the place is now a dump since people stopped caring about it and abandoning it as a tourist attraction. It's not the best place to go to anymore. People either go to the castle or pass through to other places. The people in Dover and the place itself continuosly test my faith in humanity, even if I don't go there anymore and just think about it.

What you're studying/hobbies: At a college (I'm not saying where), studying film and moving image. It's not always as exciting as it sounds. I'm gonna' have to find a job in the industry soon. Not looking foward to any changes it's going to make to my lifestyle.

Hobbies. Oh I do enjoy drawing things. Mostly with boobs. Hey, I'm a red blooded male afterall. I watch movies, I play video games, a try to avoid brown hairy house spiders and I have a thing for Teryaki flavoured Salmon fillets.

How you found the site/forums: Long story made short: 2007 I browsed around Deviantart, saw this character named Chloe having a shower with a head cheekily poking uparound her crotch area (Oh that filthy nympho). Kept looking at Jollyjack's stuff, enjoyed it, took an interest in his strip, found the site, found the forum. Easy peasy.

Random thing about myself:
A random thing about myself? I am random. But scientific research has discovered that cats can electrocute you through static charges.

30Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:01 am

Liam

Liam

How you chose your name: Because it's my trusted companion both online and in real-life.

Where you're from: Can't disclose this piece of information, they could use it against me.

What's your hobby: BLOGGING!

How you found the site: Probably due to hyperlinks. Honestly, I can't tell anymore, but after 150 or so pages I was hooked by Art, Scarlet... err... that cat and the other guy. ;3

Random thing about myself: I recently did the Riker and grew a beard. There you have it. Neutral

31Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Zaran

Zaran

Introductions are really not my thing, I prefer to meet and gather information over a period of time through observations, but I'll give it a go.

How you chose your name: Book

Where you're from: JFGI

What's your hobby: Paintball

How you found the site: Accident

Random thing about myself: Uninspired

http://zaranr.deviantart.com

32Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:18 am

Maple_Fish

Maple_Fish

Greetings! My New Years resolution was to get more involved online instead of just reading comics and lurking on forums. I hope to keep my post level up (come back and laugh at me in a few weeks when I'm nowhere to be seen...) and maybe try and get into drawing again. Welcome to 2010 everyone!

33Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:05 pm

GoldenDragon

How you chose your name: Well, I like dragons, and my favorite color is gold, so the name just fit for me.

Where you're from: The Canadian capital

What you're studying/hobbies: Right now i'm studying General arts and science: Pre-trades at Algonquin college. As for hobbies, they are mainly reading, gaming, watching sci-fi or disaster type movies (2012 is the most recent addition to my favorite disaster film list) and occasionally thinking up short stories when I have nothing else to do. Also I am trying to persue a hobby in leathercraft and blacksmithing.

How you found the site/forums: I could have probably found the site by way of one of JJs S&S comics, but my memory is doubtful.

How I chose my avatar: Ever since I came across the E3 2009 announcement trailer for Final Fantasy XIV, I have been absolutely smitten by how it looks so far graphics and gameplay wise, so it instantly went onto the top of my list of games i'm looking the most forward to. So far i've steered clear of MMORPGs due to the monthly subscription fees and the fact that I don't have a solid source of income yet, but with this one i'm willing to make an exeption to that fact. As for why I picked that particular race out of the 5 playable races, it's mainly because when I read the race descriptions on the website I saw that this one was the best pick out of the rest imo.
Hyur(human): too generic
Elezen(Elves): same as above plus they are full of themselves
Lalafell(basically look like children): too short and childish imo
Roegadyn(big muscly men): too slow

So, that just left the Miqo'te, who not only are fast and agile, but also tend to be insular and lead isolated lifstyles, which I admit, sounds a bit how I behave. Plus they are also well suited for the scout-type classes as well.

Sorry for the long avatar explanation, I tend to ramble when i'm talking about things that interest me. Razz

Last edited by GoldenDragon on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

34Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Tom

Tom

Name's Tom. I live in America. I like ham.

35Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:53 pm

Dude523

Dude523

Hi, I'm Scott, I live in Florida, USA(It's meh...) and I've been playing guitar since I was 8. I'm currently reading "I Am America. (And So Can You!) By Stephen Colbert. I one day hope to become an actor and move to New York City. Also, the only type of comics I read or get remotely interested in are web-comics. So, I just searched a bunch of comics on the internet and saw a lot of great comics on this site so I joined up.

36Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 am

patanu102

patanu102

why i chose this Name:well i got it from a character i made and added nu to the end of it.

location:i live in minnesota but i'm originally from ireland.

hobbies:i'm a artist with quite a few ideas, i'm also a gamer and i like basketball.

how i found this site:from a friend.

music:rock,pop,metal,rap,classical,international,and stuff from the 40's.

why i watch jj work:i get a bit of insperation from phillip m. jackson. his style of artwork is unique and interesting to me.

RANDOM!?:i like bats and i dont like pie!

and thats me in a nutshell.

37Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:51 am

Smelge

Smelge

Tom wrote:Name's Tom. I live in America. I like ham.

Best. Intro. Ever.

38Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:52 am

Smelge

Smelge

patanu102 wrote:WURDS

Also: welcome, grab a mug of steaming hot tea, nab some biscuits, and get yourself an art thread.

39Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:39 am

cammyjag

cammyjag

Why I chose this name: I have an rp char who's a Texan border jaguar named Camilla. Oh yeah, she's from the 1920s.
Hobbies: um, casual gamer, light rp, watching tv and coming up with strange ideas. Oh, and thrift store shopping.
How I found this site: I don't even remember, really. I think I was recommended to it from my rp forum.
Music: Anything from the 20s to the 80s, but especially 1920s Swing Jazz. And some classical.
Random: I'm a Montessori Preschool teacher, I love awesome commercials, and my favourite decade is the 20s. Could you guess? Very Happy

40Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:59 am

Twitch

Twitch

Hello all Smile

Why I chose this name: I have tourette syndrome, which causes my head, and body to sometimes twitch, so my friends just started calling me twitch, and the name stuck.

Hobbies:Building computers, PC gaming, competitive shooting, and writing / RP.

How I found this site: A friend linked me one of the comics from Sequential Art, and I've been hooked reading them. Smile

Music: Rock, Metal, and Classical.

Random: I write bad poetry?

41Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 am

Theo

Theo

Very Happy Ok

i'm Theo e like to desig in ps and draw
i liven in nicaragua,AMerica i can speak spanish
i hava a account in DA i''m gagmatrom there that all

lol!

42Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:14 pm

Paranoid

Paranoid

patanu102 wrote: i dont like pie!

You WHAT? HOW DO YOU LIVE WITHOUT PIE?

43Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:35 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

p.s. Add me on XBL stephanodude

44Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:01 pm

servomoore

I am Servomoore, the Wisconsin resident. I mean you no harm.

45Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Frist

Frist

How you chose your name: Funny story really, once upon a time, in a chat message with a friend of mine, I misspelled the word "Frost". I liked the sound of it, and since I always pick ice and lightning abilities when making a character in a game or something of the sort, the word "Frist" has been my nickname and username since for everything. I also hate my real name, so it has many uses. Even better, a friend of mine let me in on the fact that it means "deadline" in some language, so that just piles it all on.

Where you're from: Connecticut. New England, United States. Yeah.

What you're studying/hobbies: Mainly Internet stuff, drawing, videogames, anime & manga collecting, attending conventions, and all that good otaku crap.

How you found the site/forums: Friend of mine showed me JollyJack's DA one bright day, and ever since, I've been hooked. Found out about Collected Curios sometime last summer and just became more and more intrigued. It all just gets better and better as it goes on.

46Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 pm

blind_dead_mcjones

How you chose your name: heard it on dylan moran's 'monster' dvd when he was talking about the differences between blues and rap
Where you're from: adelaide, south australia
What you're studying/hobbies: drawing, anime, videogames, motorcycles, and so forth
How you found the site/forums: found JJ's stuff on DA

47Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:02 pm

the good samaritan

the good samaritan

How you chose your name: I've always just kinda had this name, but what I think may have started it was when I named a character after Hellboy's revolver. It kinda evolved from there...

Where you're from: Can't tell ya. I'm on the Internet. Razz

What you're studying/hobbies: I am a high school student, but my hobbies are drawing, acting, and video games.

How you found the site/forums: I realised there was a link on the site that said "Forum"... after coming to this site for 2 years... Shocked

On a side note: HOLY S***, DID I JUST INVOLUNTARILY SPELL "REALIZED" THE WAY THE BRITISH DO?!?!?

48Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:28 am

Old Scratch

Old Scratch

How you chose your name: Came across it in a book I was reading and liked it
Where you're from: Florida/USA
What you're studying/hobbies: Not studying anything/ Like reading, games, drawing(badly) and writing.
How you found the site/forums: stumbled upon some of JJ's art brwosing the net out of boredom one day.

I'm more of a lurker then a poster but I'll drop in and post stuff on occasion if I'm feeling less then lazy

49Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:55 am

Clutchbone

Clutchbone

Named after the imaginary beast from the UK affraid
From California, Colorado and now Oregon
I Love to game, I work in a factory that makes baseball/softball bats
Totally new to Seq. Art, I read it last weekend, all weekend for that matter. I love the Manga type art style and Jack has a great imagination. Just followed the links till I landed here...

50Introduce Yourself! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Ok everybody! Ive finaly came up with my offical screen name and Avatar.
Im Nikolai Bartolf my Avatar can be seen in my art drawings in the Art fourm

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum