Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+19
Moonman
wolfman-al
Haggis Hotdish
Pietja
not_cenaris
artimies7
Dreadstunlock
TheGreatHibiki
Leak
stephanodude
KaZe
MicasR
Youchip
cenaris
rpx
Nikolai
Xenathos
Frist
Ganthan
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Ganthan

JJ has recently informed us that he has not watched enough MLP to call himself a brony.

Okay, so you haven't watched hardly any of My Little Pony. Perfectly understandable considering what horrible kiddy only tripe it USED to be.

However, the earlier stuff has about as much in common quality wise with the reboot Friendship is Magic as an abacus has with GlaDOS. I was as surprised as anybody to find out that it's actually really good.

So I'm giving you a homework assignment. You need to click this here link:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mark654727#p/c/53E2E5B25151250E

and try watching at least a few episodes. Man up and watch some ponies.

Based on what I've seen of your personality and various other cute stuff you've liked before, I see no reason you wouldn't like this.

2My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Frist

Frist

Aaand sadly this is the kinda stereotype that the rest of he Internet hates us for.

Sorry man, but in all honesty, this is how it starts. Eventually, some meanie mean pants with a parasprite up his ass will pipe up, then one of the lesser of us ends up shoving it down their throat brewing an even bigger shitstorm that we're known all too well for by association.

If JJ cares enough, I'm sure he'd just come to it himself.

3My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:36 am

Ganthan

It was just an opportunity to try saying stuff with clever video links. In all honesty, if JJ or anybody else ends up not caring about it in the end then I'm fine with it.

4My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:53 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

Lol... I happen to watch it since yesterday.

Why am I not welcomed to the Herd yet? oh wait... I havent anounced it yet Razz

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

5My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:39 am

Frist

Frist

^
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Pull-up-a-chair

6My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:36 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

*insert fluttershy: yay*

7My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

*Blink* *Blink*
o_o : -_- : o_o

erm... I agree with Frist. lol

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

8My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:23 pm

rpx

If none of you have kids, a niece, little sister, or cousin, that is under the age of 12, or under the age of 12 yourself and a girl. You should not be watching that. Please eat a steak go buy some duck tape and find your balls and get back in reality.

9My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Frist

Frist

Good god, the second season premier was glorious.

Discord stole the show.

He was just... OH MY GOD, HE'S Q FROM STAR TRECK!

Still, he's just such a great character.

Subtle Trollestia is subtle. Mention Luna 3+ times, yet she makes no appearance.

Sad Frist.

Still, after watching it twice, I can honestly say that they far exceeded my expectations. Here's hoping the rest of the season's this good.

10My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Ganthan

I feel that Q, I mean Discord, cheated a bit when he came to Fluttershy. He couldn't seem to corrupt her normally so he seemed to go, "Oh, screw this!" and just forced it on her.

11My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Frist

Frist

Ganthan wrote:I feel that Q, I mean Discord, cheated a bit when he came to Fluttershy. He couldn't seem to corrupt her normally so he seemed to go, "Oh, screw this!" and just forced it on her.

And that in and of itself was what made that part great. And hilarious.

Who knows, it may come back to bite him.

12My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Ganthan

rpx wrote:If none of you have kids, a niece, little sister, or cousin, that is under the age of 12, or under the age of 12 yourself and a girl. You should not be watching that. Please eat a steak go buy some duck tape and find your balls and get back in reality.

If this show was intended only for little girls, why would they cast John de Lancie for the voice of Discord, the mischievous god of chaos who forces the main characters to "Play a little game?"

ANYBODY can enjoy this show. It's full of jokes and references that only adults would understand.

13My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:54 pm

rpx

Ganthan wrote:
If this show was intended only for little girls, why would they cast John de Lancie for the voice of Discord, the mischievous god of chaos who forces the main characters to "Play a little game?"

ANYBODY can enjoy this show. It's full of jokes and references that only adults would understand.

James Avery(Uncle Phill and the Shredder from TMNT) played Fang in the Fist of the North Star Movie

Alessandro Juliani (Pit/ Kid Icarus from Captain N: The Game Master) played L in Death Note

So why would they cast John de Lancie for the voice of Discrod. The same reason Danny DeVito was in the original? He is just an actor who got the part.

Larence Fishburne (Morpheus from the Matrix) was Cowboy Curtis from Pee-wee's Playhouse.

Keanu Reeves was also Ted from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

He is just an actor getting paid to do a part.

14My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:00 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

rpx wrote:
Ganthan wrote:

James Avery(Uncle Phill and the Shredder from TMNT) played Fang in the Fist of the North Star Movie

Alessandro Juliani (Pit/ Kid Icarus from Captain N: The Game Master) played L in Death Note

So why would they cast John de Lancie for the voice of Discrod. The same reason Danny DeVito was in the original? He is just an actor who got the part.

Larence Fishburne (Morpheus from the Matrix) was Cowboy Curtis from Pee-wee's Playhouse.

Keanu Reeves was also Ted from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

He is just an actor getting paid to do a part.

Have you even given it a try yourself?

If not: Then you should.
If you did: Then let us be. Its just something we do. Just like you probably do things we wouldn't understand.

15My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:44 am

cenaris

cenaris

Oh good fucking grief! This is why threads like this shouldn't be posted. They're toxic, corrosive and just devolve into argumentative fanboy flame wars. Either calm down and quit arguing over it before it gets out of control or I'll suggest to Jack to lock it/delete it. Play nice or have your shiny things taken away. It's a no brainer. Hate me all you like about that but there's a reason 4Chan tried to DNP this stuff.

16My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:13 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

cenaris wrote:Oh good fucking grief! This is why threads like this shouldn't be posted. They're toxic, corrosive and just devolve into argumentative fanboy flame wars. Either calm down and quit arguing over it before it gets out of control or I'll suggest to Jack to lock it/delete it. Play nice or have your shiny things taken away. It's a no brainer. Hate me all you like about that but there's a reason 4Chan tried to DNP this stuff.

I sayd this but in less words... Okai I'll stop posting in this topic now though.

17My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:37 am

cenaris

cenaris

If I recall, I never told you stop posting in this thread, I told you (and everyone else involved) to play nice or not at all. I just highlighted why topics like this never end well.

18My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Xenathos

Xenathos

Well things like this do indeed never end nice. Thats why I refrain from posting to much here. Razz

19My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:23 am

Frist

Frist

Oh god, that episode was great. Nice New Hope reference at the end, especially the circle wipe and fanfare.

But..

DAMMIT! That WHOLE SCENE, Celestia kept looking to her left as if somepony was supposed to be there, and all I can think to myself is "Expecting Luna Smile?"

;-;

Trollestia at her best :/

20My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Youchip

Youchip

*sigh* was only a matter of time before ponys and pony memes entered this forum

21My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Youchip

Youchip

Frist wrote: "Expecting Luna Smile?"

;-;

in all honesty
its a good cartoon
but the luna and trollestia and all the brony propaganda take away from it
its a kids cartoon, a good one, but theres no need to try and make it mature

22My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Frist

Frist

Youchip wrote:
Frist wrote: "Expecting Luna :)?"

;-;

in all honesty
its a good cartoon
but the luna and trollestia and all the brony propaganda take away from it
its a kids cartoon, a good one, but theres no need to try and make it mature

If we couldn't make "kids cartoons" mature, we wouldn't have Avenue Q.

Nothing wrong with applying your own humor to different mediums. Getting outside of your comfort zone is the basis of crossover itself.

Don't let what other people do with something keep you from enjoying it your way.

23My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:40 pm

Youchip

Youchip

Frist wrote:

Don't let what other people do with something keep you from enjoying it your way.

its a bit hard when its everywhere

24My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Frist

Frist

Youchip wrote:
Frist wrote:

its a bit hard when its everywhere

Maybe, but that's just the internet for ya.

25My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:04 am

Ganthan

Youchip wrote:its a bit hard when its everywhere

I've never really cared for Team Fortress 2, yet I have to tolerate it being everywhere. You always have the option of just not reading threads like this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum