Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What grinds your gears?

+71
pablowapsi
Auroralikethesunrise
waffllecat
RennisTora
KaZe
artimies7
Nighthawke
ugilick
CrimsonZeke
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Mr_M
TheGreatHibiki
3D Ninja
scienceguy8
Youchip
yellowrock
Felonious Exalt
Haventownsend
Ganthan
Latrans
Xenathos
Drunkenvalley
not_cenaris
rpx
dog3oy
Blacklite
Chells
Damien Darkside
Nikolai
Triskelli
Frist
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Paranoid
Aimereta
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
blind_dead_mcjones
cammyjag
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Trevon Fox
GoldenDragon
Forthwol
Sketchtastic
5c4rl37
xombie
Concrete
mariachidevil
cenaris
Winds
Leak
Jaebird
hiddenflame
Pandora
wolfpax181
26_9
BenRG
xivk
Stormcrow-18
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
MrFreeeman
Zaran
delicious lambchops
Pietja
75 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 29]

501What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:57 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

If you mean obesitas by fat: I agree fully.

Girls picking on boys? If the boy is the outcast of the classes... it`s not that hard. Every1 does it... so the girls also start. I had luck that my cousin was a couple grades higher so he could beat bullys up when they started to hit me. And his sister continued helping me *she was in my class* when he left for the next school.

Makes me wonder: is it normal to have more friends that are adults then peers when your like... 6-10? o-o I guess not XD

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

502What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:49 am

Pietja

I see nothing wrong with having older firends, adult friends as a child, but always a little balance is needed.
When I was 5-8 and I was living in my first town I had many older friends from the neighbourhood, ages ranging from 12 to 22.
The guy who was 22, had a german name for a nickname based on popular, commie-times polish tv series, I could say he saved my life when I had an accident. I fell on my head by doing stupid kiddy stuff, straight on the unpolished concrete, rough with stones and all that bulges and blacked out. Later I woke up in my home, head in pain and my mother told me that he saw me lying on the ground, blood around my head, from my ears and stuff. And it was already dark, while the accident happened around 19:00 in the summer. The dude carried me home.
Not to mention, because of the fact that my mom was a teacher in a elementry school there, I had few "girl-friends" age 12-15(the max age of elementry student was 15y.o.), I remember two of them, one with raven-black, long, straight hair and almost black eyes, white carnation, other also long, straight hair, straw-blonde, mesmerizing blue eyes... and you say that a kid cannot fell in love. Well, I was in love in both of them. Kiddie love, but still. Now, when I look back at what they've done to me, what we did together most moralfags would consider it as a child exploitation or such. But for me those memories are very fond, very clear and intimate, magical. I can pretty much tell ya that it's because of that times and event I became a poligamist. Very Happy
Also, my few of my father's friend were great guys, one was an owner of the arcade, meaning I often played for free, for example.
My mother friends, fellow teachers, especially those who were childless were so damn kind to me... treating me sweets, hugging & stuff... well, I was a cute kid, after all. Wink
And there was this very old guy, living alone, with his funny dog with flappy ears, that often came out in warmer days to sit on a bench, on the little playground we had. He made a delicious kompot, a big portion that he treated every kid with, sometimes he baked a pie or stuff like that and wanted nothing in return, but a thank you or simple chat. I want to see someone doing that nowdays - old guy, with creepy looks(because age made him look creepy) treating kids with fruit drinks and sweets. Rolling Eyes
Eh, good times.

Well, I can only tell that I also heard about how violence looks in northern european countries, to wich Holland is quite often included. And yeah, it's bad. As I'm a leftist, I still think that it has too many laws that are exploited. And the social effect of these show themselves even in schools.
I'm afraid you wouldn't liked me if we were meant to meet in elementry or middle school, as I was also not so kind to the folks I didn't liked. Being outcast in that age, when groups are the most important entity must be hard.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

503What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:54 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Pietja wrote:Well, all I can say about obesity and girls, Pandora, they have it harder because of the cultural roles and views on genders.
I have a friend, heck, rather acquaintance than a friend, that - as far as I know - was always big and couldn't get below 120kg's since he was 17. But that's still good weight, I underline it - for him. He told me his normal weight was around 145kg's before he hit up the gym and with some food supplements for bodybuilders he turned it to the muscle mass or burned it, now (by now I mean summer of 2008 as that was last time that I saw him) he weights around 123-124kg's. And he looks like a monster that not many would like to mess with, added to that his 190 plus cm height. And, from my experience I can tell girls like big guys like him. But he has to constatly train and excercise.
That solution isn't working for girls I'm afraid, for obvious reasons. We have an old proverb in here, don't know it's origin though - "a man has to be a little more handsome than the devil, while the girl needs to be a little less beautiful than an angel". And seeing couples I can't remember a single one that had fat girl+slim/well-built guy pairing, yet I saw many slim girls+fat guys. Guess then envoke a feeling of safety among these girls. Most guys, even the ugly ones simply don't like being around fat girls, with the exeption if it's a friend or colleague.
But the worst thing I heard, yet so true at the same time, was one from my friend. She told me that if she and her friends go to a club and want to be sure they won't be bothered by men, they take their "friend". 100kg+ more girl, a unpleasant sight for the eyes, as I heard, but with a deep need to have some trendy, partying and good looking friends. A leech. Still, it's sad that that leech doesn't know or care about the fact that she's used, because, as my friend told me, they don't pay much attention otherwise. Damn rude.
I don't envy fat or bad-looking girls. They have it bad from both sexes.

Your future in-law needs to be forced to work on himself. Discipline isn't a topic of discussion. Goverments, social services should stay the f-away in educational methods that parents have. I don't have grief for my father because of the fights, physical fights I had with him during my h-school days. I was a truant, no talkie-talks could work on me, so solution was obvious. But I hope your future in-law wants to change, even a little.
Also, I don't know any fast food that has any of these in Poland. The most stuffing fast-food I know that I can buy is donner kebap.

Oh girls have it terrible when it comes to being fat. It's an awful double-standard. Shit, I've seen huge, and by that I mean FAT, guys walking around wearing shirts that say "No fat chicks." Hypocrite much? Big=/=unattractive or unpleasant to be around, but when it comes to bigger girls, they automatically get slapped with that ugly label and it's so not fair. There is a ridiculous amount of pressure on women to be skinny to the point where it's unhealthy. I think one of the most sad examples of that was a 14-year-old girl I knew who did cheerleading. She was already a size 0 and her cheer instructor told her she needed to lose inches. A size 0 14-year-old girl. Um, no. That's fucking stupid.

Frankly, I don't like big guys. And by that I mean muscley ones like your friend. It doesn't turn me on. Never has. I'm not terribly into guys who are stick skinny either. I know plenty of other women who feel the same. Maybe it's different for the women you know, but myself and most of the girls I know don't look for big men for protection, we hold our own. I like guys that are in the middle when it comes to size. I don't want a huge guy, but I don't want a stick-thin twig either.

And yeah, Dante's younger brother needs to get up off his ass, get a job, and learn that the measly amount of exercise he does is cancelled out by the sheer amount of pure JUNK he eats.

504What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:19 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

Pandora wrote:

Oh girls have it terrible when it comes to being fat. It's an awful double-standard. Shit, I've seen huge, and by that I mean FAT, guys walking around wearing shirts that say "No fat chicks." Hypocrite much? Big=/=unattractive or unpleasant to be around, but when it comes to bigger girls, they automatically get slapped with that ugly label and it's so not fair. There is a ridiculous amount of pressure on women to be skinny to the point where it's unhealthy. I think one of the most sad examples of that was a 14-year-old girl I knew who did cheerleading. She was already a size 0 and her cheer instructor told her she needed to lose inches. A size 0 14-year-old girl. Um, no. That's fucking stupid.

Frankly, I don't like big guys. And by that I mean muscley ones like your friend. It doesn't turn me on. Never has. I'm not terribly into guys who are stick skinny either. I know plenty of other women who feel the same. Maybe it's different for the women you know, but myself and most of the girls I know don't look for big men for protection, we hold our own. I like guys that are in the middle when it comes to size. I don't want a huge guy, but I don't want a stick-thin twig either.

And yeah, Dante's younger brother needs to get up off his ass, get a job, and learn that the measly amount of exercise he does is cancelled out by the sheer amount of pure JUNK he eats.

I agree with you on those parts. Man... I`m still not really sure about my sexuallity... Wich grinds my gears.

505What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:43 pm

cenaris

cenaris

I went and bought a BluRay today (Red Cliff. Heard nothing but good things about it). I was really looking foward to watching it on my PS3.

And you know what? It's not doing it. It goes as far as playing a film trailer that's been shoehorned on at the front. And it doesn't matter whether you skip past the trailer or let it run completely, the TV then loses signal with the console. And it doesn't do that with the other BluRays in my collection. The Dark Knight? Works. Reservoir Dogs? Works. Hero? Works. You get the picture. The TV doesn't lose connection with the console on any of those films.

I'm really, really just disappointed by this. Really I am. You couldn't tell how much. You know how Christian Bale gets angry when people mess with his lights? I feel like I could "Trash PS3" just because of that. All I ask for is the disc to run properly and it doesn't? You know what? It isn't even funny or anything in the slightest. It's just disheartening and what makes it more so is I don't know if it will do the same thing with any future movies I want to watch on it.

Red Cliff, you and I are done professionally.

506What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Pandora

Pandora

When other students are eating in class, when they aren't supposed to, and chew with their mouths open. When I ask them to stop, they just look at me with a big shit-eating grin and chew with their mouths even MORE widely open.

It's not a good idea to act like a jackass and shove your face in someone else's while chewing with your mouth open, especially when you shouldn't even be eating in the first place.

507What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:57 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

if that were my class, I would've punched the person in the face (since there is really one one person in my class who would do that, just not to be annoying). He actually takes my punches pretty well.

508What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:47 pm

Pandora

Pandora

I told her that I would bring duct tape in my backpack tomorrow and use it on anyone who chews with their mouth open. ...She thinks I'm kidding.

I did go to the conservatory director in charge of our Actor Training class. She's none too pleased and sent out a mass e-mail about no eating in class.

509What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:24 am

Pietja

Whistle-blowing on studies isn't recieved too well, at least here where I live. Got a problem - solve it yourself.

So my suggestion is, that you should do the same, but multiply the gross factor by 20.

On the one faculty classes I was on, eating was allowed during the lectures, as long as it was quiet eating. I was sitting in the front rows, so I didn't saw the action, but supposedly there was this guy who was munching quite loudly, as it was heard in two last rows, with his mouth open and even though he was asked, ordered even, to stop by folks around him, he didn't cared about it much. So, supposedly, a guy sitting next to him got so annoyed, that he started doing the same, but with more dramatic effect, such as chewing with almost going "om, nom, nom" loudly and eating so vigorously that he was spitting the food he was eating in front of him. The problematic guy catched the drift and, as far as I know, always ate before lectures or ate realy quietly.

It'll be good for your acting, since you're in the Actor Training class. Very Happy

510What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:20 am

MicasR

MicasR

We have a simple rule: don't get caught eating.
Easy eh?

Surprisingly more easy when you're sitting in the front row. Who'd have thought Razz

511What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 am

Pietja

MicasR wrote:
Surprisingly more easy when you're sitting in the front row. Who'd have thought Razz

We have a saying, don't know it's equivalent in english or even if there is one, that goes like :

"It's always the darkest under the streetlight"

Front rows always have it good. Not only they hear better, but during the tests teachers or professors look at the farthest rows - cheaters bonanza.
One of my professors remembered all of his last rows student names & faces, while he often forgot about those in the front.

512What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:01 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

lols o-o

we dont have it quite as good as that...

anyways...

What bothers me is the fact that persons you see as "friends" come up with an idea. You work your ass off for that idea. And as a result they treat you like crap the next time a pro inliner comes along. I know hes better as me. I know I have to practice. BUT DON`T RUB IT IN!!! Atleast give me some critique that helps me further. Not just the plain old: you should do this. No you should do that.

I`ve decided to leave them out of the project they came up with. I`ll film them... but I wont use the film of them. If they ask me about it I`ll be like:
have some respect for:
Your elders.
Your friends.
The person that works most for the project. *I`m like the director of the complete project ATM*

513What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:45 am

MicasR

MicasR

shame. In starc contrast, when I was in grade 8 I just wanted to do a whole group project by myself. Stupid kids messing up my well thought out projects.

514What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:08 am

Pandora

Pandora

Pietja wrote:Whistle-blowing on studies isn't recieved too well, at least here where I live. Got a problem - solve it yourself.

So my suggestion is, that you should do the same, but multiply the gross factor by 20.

On the one faculty classes I was on, eating was allowed during the lectures, as long as it was quiet eating. I was sitting in the front rows, so I didn't saw the action, but supposedly there was this guy who was munching quite loudly, as it was heard in two last rows, with his mouth open and even though he was asked, ordered even, to stop by folks around him, he didn't cared about it much. So, supposedly, a guy sitting next to him got so annoyed, that he started doing the same, but with more dramatic effect, such as chewing with almost going "om, nom, nom" loudly and eating so vigorously that he was spitting the food he was eating in front of him. The problematic guy catched the drift and, as far as I know, always ate before lectures or ate realy quietly.

It'll be good for your acting, since you're in the Actor Training class. Very Happy

Well, we're not allowed to be eating in class. Period. Not even quietly. Why? ANTS. We've had horrible ant problems in the past. It was disgusting.

And I really don't care what people think of "whistle-blowing" where you are. If I feel I need to, I will whistle-blow all I want. Not to mention when I asked about duct tape, the conservatory director said, "You don't have to do that...I will." Because chewing with mouths open bugs the shit out of her too.

And chewing really loudly in someone's ear to the point of spitting on them to get a point across has nothing to do with acting.

515What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:16 am

Pandora

Pandora

New gear-grinder:

I KNOW what a freaking EXTRA is. I just told you I'm in an actor training program, do you honestly think that I don't know what an EXTRA is? I assure you that I knew what that was long before I even graduated high school. Don't insult my intelligence by explaining to me simple things that I knew from doing high school-level theatre as if I don't know.

516What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:57 am

Pietja

You're picky on what's acting and what's not, ain't ya?

Anyway,

my current gear-grinder - a beuty called root canal treatment. Second one in my life.

Dammit, I brush my teeth. Morning, evening, when I ate something at home, I chew gum and stuff, yet my teeth are supposedly(if I can belive dentists) weaker than normal folk stuff, more potent when it comes to dental caries. Genetical, I guess. I think I'll start saving for dental implants, if things are like that.

Still, it pisses me off that I'm gonna go to the dentist three times, each time I'll be sedated, wich leaves me with headache, and when the sedatives will go off, I'll be feeling like shiet.

At least my dentist is a MILF and her assistant is a pretty young flower, although still older than me.
But how one can flirt with his dentist or her assistant while being on a dentist chair?

A CHALLENGE! Very Happy

517What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:37 pm

MicasR

MicasR

come people, place bets! 10 euro she accidentally sedates his crotch.

But Pietja, I know how you feel. I had a root canal done between the ages of 12-15 [Life lesson: when sprinkler system activates, it is a bad idea to continue riding your bike very fast around the pool, you'll fall and suffer for the rest of your life]. Up side is, now I no longer need sedation for my tooth Very Happy Problem, my new crown which is barely 2 weeks old has finally given way [previously they just glued the broken tooth together until a suitable age... which is now]. Who would have thought that an inferior tooth could damage my shiny new crown constructed out of modern composites and made with the power of modern technology? Even worse, 24 hours after fixing the large chip in my new crown, it happened again! Now I sit... with a jagged tooth in my mouth. but... at least it doesn't hurt. At all.

518What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Pandora

Pandora

I'm picky when people who don't act try to tell me how to do it.

But to add to the dentist, I hate it when they try to talk to me while they are doing work on me. Not only will I not be able to coherently answer, I might end up biting your finger on accident.

519What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:03 am

Pietja

Well, I just came back from the tortu... er, dentist. And by "just came back" I mean that I came back, went to sleep and woke up just now.
My head hurts, the left high six is pulsating with numb pain, but overall, it wasn't as bad as my first root canal.

As for talking, yeah, they talked, but I had my hands free, one hand, to be precise, the other was under my dentist bossom, and manuvering with that hand while having drill in your mouth isn't such a good idea. Anyway, I like when they talk in the dentist while I'm being drilled(in the proper meaning of that word, silly heads). It's either that or having to listen to the radio with newest hits on, or the golden ones, and I want to kill myself when I hear "Shape of my Heart" by Sting for the 100 time while sitting on a dentists chair.
That way, I know that the blonde assistant of my dentsit had to do our equivalent of MOT test, as the term came, that she thinks her skin is too dry, that she likes my hair, the dentist likes it too, that they thought that I'm four years younger that I really am, that the dentist sister in law is trying to find a rich boyfriend somwhere in Germany...
And I gave my response with my left hand. My rich gesticulation was sufficient, although the responses to my hand gestures from the - assistant mostly - were all giggles and smiles.
So in conclusion - can one flirt with his dentist or her assistant while having a root canal operation? Yes, he can!
Myth confirmed!

Also, you can still get a pretty good advices from people who don't know how to do what you're doing. More like hints, personal preferences, but they're still advices for me.

520What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Pandora

Pandora

I'd rather stick to taking hints and personal preferences from my directors and teachers who have been in the business for years rather than someone who has never been on stage, never goes to theatre, never took a single theatre class, doesn't know the difference between a swing and an understudy and their extent of acting knowledge comes from watching movies.

521What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Pietja

I was making a commissioned picture. I finished it, color & shading done, saved. So I saved it one more time... and there was apparently a power surge, because all the light went out. During the time I was saving.

In event only three from 12 layers were saved, rest went to hell. And this was my only copy, no auto-backup either. Few hours down the fukken drain.

I cussed so damn hard that my plants died and neighbours dog bit off his scrotum.

Make backup copies, god-damit.

522What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Pietja wrote:

Make backup copies, god-damit.

Or have an external Battery for your computer, (Like a Lap Top)

My laptop just goes to sleep 5 min. before the battery actually dies. so, I have time to plug it in, and it can last in sleep mode off of 5% battery power for a few hours. Smile

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

523What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 am

Pietja

Drawing.

Grr. I have one more request to make and I've been toying with sketch for about four frickin' hours. The requester gave me so many references and a very precise wishlist so the ammount of detail is g-damn killer. The lone thing that I have to make a lineart of it, shade it and colour it make me wanna faint.

524What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:47 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

ARIZONA KILLER (Fallout New Vegas)

Here I am playing Hardcore, trying to get Ceasar's Legion to love me and I have to Assassinate Kimball. Only thing is that I have to meet with a guy before the President even lands, and the guy is in a crowd of fucking NCR Rangers (same on the cover of Fallout: NV) who can see through my disguise, 75 Stealth and have the eyes of a hawk.

Screw this, I'm taking the Wild Card.

525What grinds your gears? - Page 21 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:03 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Term "professional gamer".

Playing video games is not a fucking profession, kids. Unless, of course, you're some kind of korean Starcrafter that actually makes living out of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum