Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask Jolly Jack!

+106
ugilick
Moonman
Winds
campfire
tomllama2
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Agent
The Doctor
Teh Clok
The Mighty Monkey
TheGreatHibiki
LovelyDays
Whisper
KaZe
Liam
yellowrock
Grandia
randomname
Felonious Exalt
Xan
patanu102
Haventownsend
Vordreller
scienceguy8
DarkKlade
bylmdav
sneakerfox
Mr.Green
Youchip
zombiepancakes
swordfish
tigerfan51087
Howdy Rowdy
Drunkenvalley
User Name
randomnameMKIII
willdye
SourKraut
Inakan
Blacklite
Silverslate
Damien Darkside
Rat King
firebolt85
MicasR
SCKnight14
Ciaran Nihill
Sylentknight
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Pandora
billy-bob
Clockwork
Smelge
Triskelli
Zumbo Prime
Haskins
not_cenaris
Toshiro
CoreyBlueExclusive
Ganthan
Nikolai
Frist
Theo
Dutch
Dude523
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Pietja
rpx
Tom
Trevon Fox
Mutant for Hire
wolfman-al
Kaboom
Painted
crazyjc15
xivk
CyberCorn Entropic
Paranoid
Leak
Sketchtastic
hanyou
hiddenflame
GotV
cenaris
Vorthon
Xenathos
5c4rl37
uziel
wolfpax181
jimis
26_9
McClaw
NINJA!
AnthroFan
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
Zaran
malinborn
Charlie Foxtrot
LT.Raynor
jollyjack
electricv01
110 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 40]

826Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:38 pm

rpx

Is Vicky's intense cuteness a side effect of her powers?

827Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:41 am

cenaris

cenaris

rpx wrote:Is Vicky's intense cuteness a side effect of her powers?
Vicky's intense cuteness is because she's intensely cute. It's a power unto its own.

828Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 am

rpx

can the same be said about Elli

829Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:07 am

Whisper

Whisper

Can I have your babies? Very Happy

830Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:30 pm

cenaris

cenaris

Is it me, or do Kat and Chloe have almost the exact same fringes?

831Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:42 pm

LovelyDays

LovelyDays

If you were some how to meet a Raptor that was well suited and in more of a humanoid state, what would your reaction be to this situation?

(I got bored so I made a picture)

Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Thumbnmail

832Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:06 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

Whisper wrote:Can I have your babies? Very Happy

Too late. I already ate them.

cenaris wrote:Is it me, or do Kat and Chloe have almost the exact same fringes?

Chloe's is off to one side.

LovelyDays wrote: If you were some how to meet a Raptor that was well suited and in more of a humanoid state, what would your reaction be to this situation?

My reaction to that would be the same as if I saw ANY animal/humanoid: I'd freak out and run away.

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

833Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:28 am

LovelyDays

LovelyDays

jollyjack wrote:
LovelyDays wrote: If you were some how to meet a Raptor that was well suited and in more of a humanoid state, what would your reaction be to this situation?

My reaction to that would be the same as if I saw ANY animal/humanoid: I'd freak out and run away.
even to your own creation?

834Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:08 am

cenaris

cenaris

jollyjack wrote:

cenaris wrote:Is it me, or do Kat and Chloe have almost the exact same fringes?

Chloe's is off to one side.
It looks kind of similar on the sugar pic

835Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:12 pm

rpx

How did Charlie Sheen Get F-18 Tiger blood, Adonis DNA, with Ninja Warrior Vatican Assassin Warlock powers?

836Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:02 pm

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

Is the 'Need some Sugar' a hint for us who go squee (manly like of course) at the paring to lay off the repeated wishing of a supposed Art and Kat relationship by making us go into a fanboy version of a diabetic coma?

837Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty About something as paper-dry as "Order" Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:41 am

The Mighty Monkey

The Mighty Monkey

Hey there, Philip:

- - - - -

Being the new sod around here and curious as all hell, here's one for you:

Being part of the creative world, I've sort of noticed that some artists and designers aren't too orderly and that it's sometimes a bit detrimental to their success and, y'know, output of their stuff.

What I sort of gather from you is that you're pretty productive with a lot of projects.

Do you have any particular structure that helps you have a better overview of your products, or are you more a dude just sitting down and working in a chaotic albeit productive fashion?

Also, just because I feel like it, are you very orderly concerning your scripts for your stories or do you write more in general guidelines? (Hey, a screenie or a copy-paste of a part of your scripts could be cool as well, since I'm so -demanding- Wink )

Cheers.

http://flightofmighty.blogspot.dk/

838Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Frist

Frist

Hey JJ, what makes you hate QuickTime Events so much? Would you rather them be made into full on cutscenes, or something to that measure?

839Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:16 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

TheGreatHibiki wrote:Is the 'Need some Sugar' a hint for us who go squee (manly like of course) at the paring to lay off the repeated wishing of a supposed Art and Kat relationship by making us go into a fanboy version of a diabetic coma?

Maybe so, maybe no Smile

The Monkey Duke wrote:
Being part of the creative world, I've sort of noticed that some artists and designers aren't too orderly and that it's sometimes a bit detrimental to their success and, y'know, output of their stuff.

What I sort of gather from you is that you're pretty productive with a lot of projects.

Do you have any particular structure that helps you have a better overview of your products, or are you more a dude just sitting down and working in a chaotic albeit productive fashion?

Also, just because I feel like it, are you very orderly concerning your scripts for your stories or do you write more in general guidelines? (Hey, a screenie or a copy-paste of a part of your scripts could be cool as well, since I'm so -demanding- Wink )

Cheers.

Every time I start work on a new concept, be it for a story, a game or a comic, I put all the material I produce for it in an individual file. That's pretty much the extent of my organisational abilities, but it means I work amid piles of files rather than mountains of loose leaf paper.

My process for writing a script is to start with hand written notes, usually one tale per notebook. Once the first draft is done like this, it's typed up, printed out and re-edited at least 3 times.

Frist wrote:Hey JJ, what makes you hate QuickTime Events so much? Would you rather them be made into full on cutscenes, or something to that measure?

I could rant about them all day. In summary; I don't like them because they feel like a chore, they're not fun and, 9 times out of 10, the button you're told to press has no relation to the control system you use in the rest of the game.
QTEs are the tool of lazy designers who fob off the job of coming up with an elegant gameplay solution to animators and programmers (and who invarably get paid more).

840Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:30 am

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

jollyjack wrote:
TheGreatHibiki wrote:Is the 'Need some Sugar' a hint for us who go squee (manly like of course) at the paring to lay off the repeated wishing of a supposed Art and Kat relationship by making us go into a fanboy version of a diabetic coma?

Maybe so, maybe no Smile
Evil. Predictable but evil. Not that evil is bad mind you. But I will probably go mental before the final Sequential art. Your April fools certainly made me hold to the picture pretty tight.

Frist wrote:Hey JJ, what makes you hate QuickTime Events so much? Would you rather them be made into full on cutscenes, or something to that measure?

I could rant about them all day. In summary; I don't like them because they feel like a chore, they're not fun and, 9 times out of 10, the button you're told to press has no relation to the control system you use in the rest of the game.
QTEs are the tool of lazy designers who fob off the job of coming up with an elegant gameplay solution to animators and programmers (and who invarably get paid more).
You know I never knew the name of those but the hatred I feel for them are about the same. Thanks for naming the horror that has plagued me.

841Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:02 am

Frist

Frist

So JJ, tell me, how are you feeling towards Portal 2?

Opinions from trailers? Plan to buy? etc.

842Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:33 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

Frist wrote:So JJ, tell me, how are you feeling towards Portal 2?

Opinions from trailers? Plan to buy? etc.

It's Valve, and they very rarely get stuff wrong. The only crits I can actually make about their games is that Half Life 2: Episode 1 was occasionally dull and they're taking longer to make Episode 3 than it took the Egyptians to build the Pyramids.

I loved Portal, but I'm wary because much of the game is multiplayer co-op only, and Stephen Merchant is going to be waffling throughout the single player.
Neither point I find particularly appealing.

843Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Pietja

Oh, yes, Episode 1 was a game that was about "walk after me and hear me bitchin'" gameplay. Although the intro in the falling citatel was nice visually back when it was released.
Episode 2 was damn short and it was about saving that girl in most parts, at least that's what I remember.
Episode 3... I think it's gonna share Duke Nukem Forever fate. We're gonna wait long for it, Valve will think about some other engines, then, probably, an uptade of their own engine and eventually it'll be released when they're gonna release some new, visually stunning engine on their own, like they did with Half Life 2 in 2004. So, give them 6-8 years more. Very Happy

And Portal 2... I believe it will share the same fate as other multiplayer games nowdays. Which means it'll have few interesting multiplayer maps and valve will release more on steam. As DLCL of course, paid by a nice buck. The best wishes I can have towards it is that Portal 2 will have some simplified editor based on G-Mod. And single... most probably will be a closed campaing - and yes, that means to modding also.

Anyway, my question is, while we're talking about games that have long release time - will you check out Duke Nukem Forever?
And have you played Duke Nukem 3D back in the day? If you did, what were your impressions?

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

844Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 am

cenaris

cenaris

Episode 3 I think won't happen. They'll just focus on making it Half Life 3. It's been too long now. Duke Nukem Forever is an exception because it was actually worked on for a long time. There's never been any evidence of Episode 3 ever being mentioned at Valve, let alone any evidence anyone's been working on it.

Just as well anyway. I was never a fan of the episodes. They were short and had frustrating parts (Fighting the zombies in the dark and... whoops, the flares went out as they swarm you/Who thought it would be a good idea to make an entire game where you finish it at your own pace and then throw in a challenge right at the end that required to be work fast of fail? The whole Defend the rocket from Striders felt very out of place compared to the rest of the game) tacked on that the first HL2 didn't.

845Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:50 pm

scienceguy8

scienceguy8

You used to work in the videogame industry, and you are a big fan of Valve. Ever submit your resume and portfolio, just to see?

http://www.gilberti-industries.com/

846Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:28 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

scienceguy8 wrote:You used to work in the videogame industry, and you are a big fan of Valve. Ever submit your resume and portfolio, just to see?

I've no intention of moving to the United States (ever. ever, ever, ever) so applying for a job there would be a bit pointless.

847Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

jollyjack wrote:
scienceguy8 wrote:You used to work in the videogame industry, and you are a big fan of Valve. Ever submit your resume and portfolio, just to see?

I've no intention of moving to the United States (ever. ever, ever, ever) so applying for a job there would be a bit pointless.
You could apply to Crytek here in Frankfurt. Razz

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

848Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Teh Clok

Teh Clok

If you were forced to shoot any one of your SA characters, who would it be, and why?

:O?!

849Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:07 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

Teh Clok Wurk Head wrote:If you were forced to shoot any one of your SA characters, who would it be, and why?

The SA cast are fictitious. They’re ideas……and ideas…..are…..bullet-proof.

850Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:49 am

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

jollyjack wrote:
Teh Clok Wurk Head wrote:If you were forced to shoot any one of your SA characters, who would it be, and why?

The SA cast are fictitious. They’re ideas……and ideas…..are…..bullet-proof.
Oooooh, thts a beautyfull answer! I like it!

This is good, but what is best in life?

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum