Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask Jolly Jack!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 40 of 40]

976 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:08 am

So she's basically a horny female attractive Bill Gat... business person? I guess with those old Angel International sketches, she's a bit like a horny female attractive Tony Stark?

View user profile

977 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:46 am

Even though Chloe does seem like a Nympho, for some reason she has that feeling of...a really decent person.

View user profile

978 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:20 pm

cenaris wrote:So she's basically a horny female attractive Bill Gat... business person? I guess with those old Angel International sketches, she's a bit like a horny female attractive Tony Stark?

Chloe's a genius when it comes to pattern recognition and interpretation (hence the fine play on the stock market and brilliant investments) but she doesn't do the science thing. She has staff for that Smile

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

979 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:41 pm

jollyjack wrote:Chloe's a genius when it comes to pattern recognition and interpretation (hence the fine play on the stock market and brilliant investments) but she doesn't do the science thing. She has staff for that Smile

Gotta say; Pattern recognition, when put into Wikipedia brings up text walls of "what?". Complicated stuff.

Has she got any vacancies in robotics? I have some design ideas she could benefit from, though I get first dibs on them Laughing

View user profile

980 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:59 pm

Hey JJ,

Given that the economy is generally pretty bad these days for people (at least here in the US), how have things been for you as of late? Not to pry too much, but what kind of work has been keeping you going lately? Do you have a regular source of income as an artist or is it pretty much a feast or famine thing? Just curious because even as a computer tech I have not been working much myself lately, except for a few big project here and there. Wondered what life on the other side of the pond looked like...

::EDIT:: Apologies if this has been asked before.

View user profile

981 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:45 am

KaZe wrote:Hey JJ,

Given that the economy is generally pretty bad these days for people (at least here in the US), how have things been for you as of late? Not to pry too much, but what kind of work has been keeping you going lately? Do you have a regular source of income as an artist or is it pretty much a feast or famine thing? Just curious because even as a computer tech I have not been working much myself lately, except for a few big project here and there. Wondered what life on the other side of the pond looked like...

::EDIT:: Apologies if this has been asked before.

If the internet, digital distribution and print on demand services didn't exist: I'd be f**ked......royally.
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of employment for creative folks right now (Not that I'm looking for work. I'm happy staying self employed).

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

982 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:15 am

jollyjack wrote:
If the internet, digital distribution and print on demand services didn't exist: I'd be f**ked......royally.
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of employment for creative folks right now (Not that I'm looking for work. I'm happy staying self employed).

Ah, I see. That's very reflective of things over here too, which is why I asked. I repair Apple systems professionally and a few of my clients are artists and photographers. Those I know have really been struggling lately to make ends meet. Glad too hear you're hanging in at least. Smile

BTW, what do you think of this whole economic craziness going on lately anyway?

View user profile

983 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:46 am

You repair Apple systems? Your clients are idiots. xD

View user profile

984 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:25 am

Dreadstunlock wrote:You repair Apple systems? Your clients are idiots. xD

Well, if they were all tech wizards then I wouldn't be employed. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

985 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:54 am

No, they are idiots for buying Apple systems. Razz

View user profile

986 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:19 am

Not to derail the lovely train of conversation above me, but...

Jolly Jack, this may or may not have been asked a million times by now, but do you take commissions like our dear Art?

View user profile

987 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:13 am

Yes, he does, but right now he is fully packed, he has like 1000 commisions to do. Each of his commisions on average are like...35£+?

View user profile

988 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Dreadstunlock wrote:Yes, he does, but right now he is fully packed, he has like 1000 commisions to do. Each of his commisions on average are like...35£+?

That wouldn't be so bad, if that weren't like $50 after conversion, and hopefully that's for something with color and not just a sketch/inking.

View user profile

989 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:27 am

As far as I know 35£ for sketch/Inking.

View user profile

990 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:28 am

jollyjack
are you planning to get humanism?

View user profile

991 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Youchip wrote:jollyjack
are you planning to get humanism?
I like this new meme.

-------

http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=714

View user profile

992 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Today at 5:27 am

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum