Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask Jolly Jack!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 40]

76 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:02 am

I has two questions:

- Any chance of making available some of your more refined sketches in a poster/larger format? Or a high res scan suitable for printing?

- What's the oddest request/question/commission you've been asked to do? The most "WTF?" moment for you as an artist?

View user profile http://justmyopinion.ca

77 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:40 am

It is _4_ questions

View user profile

78 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Painted wrote:I has two questions:

- Any chance of making available some of your more refined sketches in a poster/larger format? Or a high res scan suitable for printing?

- What's the oddest request/question/commission you've been asked to do? The most "WTF?" moment for you as an artist?

I've tried out Zazzle's poster printing service (there's a big version of Chloe in her "Resist" tshirt over one of my desks). I may put some up for sale at some point.

I can't detail the greatest WTF request. All I'll say it; Denizens will never be used in such a fashion.
Shocked

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

79 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:33 am

I've got one for you, and I've ment to ask for a little while now; where do you go for reference for your victorian-esque and steampunk clothing? I've had no end of trouble finding good reference for dresses and what not, so I've used a lot of your art instead. Neutral

View user profile

80 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:11 am

Kaboom wrote:I've got one for you, and I've ment to ask for a little while now; where do you go for reference for your victorian-esque and steampunk clothing? I've had no end of trouble finding good reference for dresses and what not, so I've used a lot of your art instead. Neutral

There's tons of stuff online. Just google-search victorian costume.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

81 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:36 am

Where you were taking inspiration for early SA?

View user profile

82 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:45 am

26_994 wrote:Where you were taking inspiration for early SA?

Early inspiration for SA came from the culture surrounding comic books and other geeky pastimes.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

83 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:14 am

I know you like to listen to soundtracks while drawing. I do too, lately I hear the soundtracks of the new Star Trek, Blade Runner, Das Boot and Dune while drawing. Do you know/like these soundtracks? Can you recommend me any good drawing soundtracks?

View user profile http://www.airpatrolonline.net

84 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 am

wolfman-al wrote:I know you like to listen to soundtracks while drawing. I do too, lately I hear the soundtracks of the new Star Trek, Blade Runner, Das Boot and Dune while drawing. Do you know/like these soundtracks? Can you recommend me any good drawing soundtracks?

What you listen to should reflect your mood/what you're trying to draw. There's not much point in listening to a big action score if you're trying to draw something soft and fluffy.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

85 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:37 am

Hehe. I know what you mean. I draw warhammer 40k, and listen to Drowning Pool and Disturbed then.

On the other hand, when drawing other stuff, I listen to Foo Fighters, Blackstone Cherry .etc.

What are your favourite artists (music wise)?

View user profile

86 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:53 pm

So when does SA get a hot springs/beach episode?

View user profile

87 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:37 am

Mutant for Hire wrote:So when does SA get a hot springs/beach episode?

I have nothing planned Smile

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

88 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:22 am

Any favourite video game soundtracks? The amazing score from Sonic the Hedgehog, the riveting themes of Street Fighter or the orchestral delights of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time? or something else?

View user profile

89 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:47 am

cenaris wrote:Any favourite video game soundtracks? The amazing score from Sonic the Hedgehog, the riveting themes of Street Fighter or the orchestral delights of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time? or something else?

Fave game scores (this spring to mind) are:

Monkey Island
Myst
Mercenaries
Team Fortress 2

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

90 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:55 am

any chance of ever hearing from KAT's old college friend again? that last visit was rather interesting.

View user profile

91 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:56 pm

crazyjc15 wrote:any chance of ever hearing from KAT's old college friend again? that last visit was rather interesting.

Vanity will be back, fear not.
Can't say exactly WHEN, though.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

92 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:13 am

jollyjack wrote:
crazyjc15 wrote:any chance of ever hearing from KAT's old college friend again? that last visit was rather interesting.

Vanity will be back, fear not.
Can't say exactly WHEN, though.

When she does come back I think it would be great if some kind of flashback to the earlier years of whatever kind of relationship they have was done.

View user profile

93 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:16 am

You wanna see them getting freaky again dont you? lol

View user profile http://xivk.deviantart.com/

94 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:28 am

Did they ever get freaky in the first place?

View user profile

95 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:38 am

Shall we bring up ze photo again of the tripping?

View user profile http://xivk.deviantart.com/

96 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:02 pm

They just fell over, honest.

Jack, you seem to be pretty much on the ball with story progression. What's your key to successful story writing?

View user profile

97 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:18 pm

cenaris wrote:Jack, you seem to be pretty much on the ball with story progression. What's your key to successful story writing?

SA is just made up as I go.
When writing longer stories I like to do a lot more planning.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

98 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:44 am

Will be there "Misc" update?



Last edited by 26_994 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

99 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:43 pm

26_994 wrote:Will be there "Misc" update,or there already have been pies unleashing?

I should sort through that section. It's very out of date!
BTW: that Xander project morphed into Battle Bunnies (there were a few sketches of that concept before the deluge of Chloe pics). Xander is a major character in the history of the world that the titular bunnies inhabit.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

100 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:34 am

OK,so Sally is somewhere there?

View user profile

101 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Today at 11:45 am

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum