Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask Jolly Jack!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 40]

101 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:58 am

Quoth 26_994:
OK,so Sally is somewhere there?
Wasn't Nurse Sally in Antarctica? Neutral

Maybe she's the reason Antarctica's been warming up in recent years. scratch


Oh, wait, you meant a section in the pictures. Sorry. Embarassed

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

102 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Slight question not sure if asked before, when you starting making webcomics how did you start? Like how many comics did you start with, getting peoples attention, whatever you did to start off this place? (If I can ask that unless its a secret?)

View user profile http://xivk.deviantart.com/

103 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:43 am

xivk wrote:Slight question not sure if asked before, when you starting making webcomics how did you start? Like how many comics did you start with, getting peoples attention, whatever you did to start off this place? (If I can ask that unless its a secret?)

Started back in 2003 (I think) with the absurdly crap Sh*thouse (can be seen on www.pipingrad.com).
I originally did that strip as a joke about crap webcomics and how anyone can do them, but people liked it, so I kept going.
Sequential Art began because I wanted to do a "proper" comic.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

104 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:31 am

Must ask, where did you get the inspiration for Scarlet?!

View user profile

105 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:45 am

Me probably or my friend Kim. We act very much the same. But as JJ has never seen us before, probably not.

View user profile

106 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 am

So starting crappy but people liking it to get better... must investigate this.

View user profile http://xivk.deviantart.com/

107 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Trevon Fox wrote:Must ask, where did you get the inspiration for Scarlet?!

Scarlet just appeared one day in a random pin-up. The design was perfect from the get-go.
Her personality developed over time, just like all the others.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

108 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:10 pm

I must admit I envy your means of transportation and would totally call you a genius is I ever had the chance.

View user profile

109 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Trevon Fox wrote:I must admit I envy your means of transportation and would totally call you a genius is I ever had the chance.

Are we talking about my real-world scooter, or cartoon-world clevage?
Cuz the former is f**king scary in winter!
Shocked

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

110 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Cartoon cleavage!!!

View user profile

111 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:44 pm

I'm new to the forum, but I am curious about new books for the pages of SA you haven't published yet.

Any plans on throwing down a triple header of books to fill in the gaps between SA 1 and SA 2? I'm interested in buying the first two, but it'd be a shame to be missing out on all of the action.

View user profile

112 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 am

Tom wrote:I'm new to the forum, but I am curious about new books for the pages of SA you haven't published yet.

Any plans on throwing down a triple header of books to fill in the gaps between SA 1 and SA 2? I'm interested in buying the first two, but it'd be a shame to be missing out on all of the action.

Not sure what you mean.
Volumes 1 and 2 of the SA books feature the first 200 (or so) strips. Nothing's missing.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

113 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:28 am

There's going on 600 strips, I believe. Wondering when strips 200-600 are gonna come out in books..Or do the current books hold a lot more than I think they're holding?

Just so you know, not meaning to sound like a jerk, if I've come off that way. I'm just curious. I like the strip and owning the whole series(up to this point) in book form would be the shit.

View user profile

114 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:03 am

jollyjack wrote:
Trevon Fox wrote:Must ask, where did you get the inspiration for Scarlet?!

Scarlet just appeared one day in a random pin-up. The design was perfect from the get-go.
Her personality developed over time, just like all the others.


What pin-up it it was?

View user profile

115 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:44 am

And...on DA you wrote about old games,which don't work on Vista.
Had you tried "compability mode"?



Last edited by 26_994 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

116 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Will Sky, Jade or Scarlet ever make a guest appearance in The Fred Perry Gold digger universe?

And was Helga Born or Built(genetically engineered.)? If she was born are there child hood pictures? If built what was her prototype?

View user profile

117 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:39 pm

rpx wrote:Will Sky, Jade or Scarlet ever make a guest appearance in The Fred Perry Gold digger universe?

Uh, that's highly unlikely. I'd love them to, but I don't think Mr Perry would have any interest in using them.

rpx wrote:And was Helga Born or Built(genetically engineered.)? If she was born are there child hood pictures? If built what was her prototype?

Helga was born. Can't go into detail, as I'm saving that story for later Smile

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

118 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:42 pm

jollyjack wrote:
rpx wrote:Will Sky, Jade or Scarlet ever make a guest appearance in The Fred Perry Gold digger universe?

Uh, that's highly unlikely. I'd love them to, but I don't think Mr Perry would have any interest in using them.

Give it a try your both only professional artist.


jollyjack wrote:
rpx wrote:And was Helga Born or Built(genetically engineered.)? If she was born are there child hood pictures? If built what was her prototype?

Helga was born. Can't go into detail, as I'm saving that story for later Smile

I see.

View user profile

119 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:55 am

In the Chloe comic a while back, Chloe mentions someone called "Jeffries". Who is this guy? Will he appear in future Chloe sketches?

View user profile

120 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:52 am

Ok., this is not a question towards your work, Mr. Jackson, but about this forum. I hope they're allowed.

So...

*ahem*

Why there is a signature option and yet I can't see mine or others?
Is it something with me doing something wrong or it's just the forum setting or something?

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

121 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Pietja wrote:Ok., this is not a question towards your work, Mr. Jackson, but about this forum. I hope they're allowed.

So...

*ahem*

Why there is a signature option and yet I can't see mine or others?
Is it something with me doing something wrong or it's just the forum setting or something?

No idea. I've played around with the settings, but sigs just seem to be out at the moment.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

122 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:03 pm

That's bizarre. I hope they work again soon.

View user profile

123 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:18 pm

Meeester Jack? Are you ever planning on making a Dot Zombie 3?
I really loved DZ 2.5.

View user profile

124 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:55 am

oi oi JJ you want me to toy around with the forum for you? I am an admin for a different Forumotion site I might be able to get it all spiffy.

View user profile

125 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:29 am

Rad wrote:Meeester Jack? Are you ever planning on making a Dot Zombie 3?
I really loved DZ 2.5.

I have a few new games in mind. One of them is a huge exploration game. No real aim to it, it's just for people that like to make maps and trade information with each other on where to find the best sights and treasures.
Dot Zombie 3 is bound to show up at some point, as soon as I come up with a good scenario.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

126 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Today at 7:47 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum