Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask Jolly Jack!

+106
ugilick
Moonman
Winds
campfire
tomllama2
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Agent
The Doctor
Teh Clok
The Mighty Monkey
TheGreatHibiki
LovelyDays
Whisper
KaZe
Liam
yellowrock
Grandia
randomname
Felonious Exalt
Xan
patanu102
Haventownsend
Vordreller
scienceguy8
DarkKlade
bylmdav
sneakerfox
Mr.Green
Youchip
zombiepancakes
swordfish
tigerfan51087
Howdy Rowdy
Drunkenvalley
User Name
randomnameMKIII
willdye
SourKraut
Inakan
Blacklite
Silverslate
Damien Darkside
Rat King
firebolt85
MicasR
SCKnight14
Ciaran Nihill
Sylentknight
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Pandora
billy-bob
Clockwork
Smelge
Triskelli
Zumbo Prime
Haskins
not_cenaris
Toshiro
CoreyBlueExclusive
Ganthan
Nikolai
Frist
Theo
Dutch
Dude523
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Pietja
rpx
Tom
Trevon Fox
Mutant for Hire
wolfman-al
Kaboom
Painted
crazyjc15
xivk
CyberCorn Entropic
Paranoid
Leak
Sketchtastic
hanyou
hiddenflame
GotV
cenaris
Vorthon
Xenathos
5c4rl37
uziel
wolfpax181
jimis
26_9
McClaw
NINJA!
AnthroFan
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
Zaran
malinborn
Charlie Foxtrot
LT.Raynor
jollyjack
electricv01
110 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 40]

701Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

U add Boiling water to it.

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

702Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:36 pm

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

Quoth Cenaris:
Non SA question:
Do you know how long to cook noodles? Because I tried earlier but I cooked them too long. And they ended up looking like mush...
I typically cook pasta noodles right out of a bulk bag, so I might be off a bit.

I'd recommend spraying your pot with cooking spray before filling it partly with water. Dump in your noodles and break them up as you feel appropriate. Now turn on the burner, setting it to high. Add some salt and a bit of butter either just before or right after turning on the burner. Stir occasionally until the water comes to a boil and turn down the heat to medium (keep it boiling, though). Check your noodles every half minute or so by using the edge of your spoon to press one or two against the side of the pot. When you think the spoon cuts through the noodles right, turn off the burner, drain the pot, you know the drill.

Much of the cooking time of noodles consists mainly of soaking the noodles until they're soft and flexible. Unfortunately, when you wait until the water is boiling when you dump in the noodles, you also cook off a lot of the nutrients during the soak time. By dumping the noodles in before the heat is turned on, you're not only cutting down on overall cooking time but also keeping more of what nutrients the food companies leave in their products.

Also, when water reaches boiling, it will boil at the same rate and stay the same temperature no matter how much heat is applied. Thus, by turning down the temperature when the water starts boiling, you're saving energy and, more importantly, are at less risk of overcooking your food.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

703Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:59 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

DarkKlade wrote:1. Are you still planning on keeping Kat a non nude character (hope so)?

2. Do you find it easier to work from home than in an office environment?

3. Is there anything you miss about being in a office like environment when you're at home?

4. I believe you have sited before that you prefer arses over boobs, is that still true?

5. Do you still try and practice colouring styles like you did with you "Angel Colour Practice" piece?

6. Is there any chance of you making more amazing pictures like "Charge of the Campeltown" and "Fallout - Charred Albion" after your completion of the next Little Victory issue?

7. Who do you prefer Superman or Batman?

8. Who is your favourite Artist who does what you do and gives you something to reach for? i.e. Sexy Pin Ups and comics.

9. What was the latest album you bought or downloaded?

10. Chloe, Sky or Helga which one do you find to be more sexy? Even though they may be your creations and you may not see them that way anymore

Okay that's it, Thanks for Answering or Ignoring

1. Kat’s not going to be seen in the buff.

2. It’s certainly more comfortable! Downside is; I don’t have I.T staff to call on if something tekky goes wrong.

3. I always enjoyed discussing ideas and brainstorming with a team. Kinda miss that. The Vault-Boy bobble head sitting on my computer isn’t one for conversation.

4. I try to look at people as a whole Very Happy

5. I need to, but haven’t had the chance for a while.

6. I don’t have any set plans, but I more than likely will. Charred Albion already has the foundations of a story written up.

7. Batman. He’s a more interesting character who can take part in better stories because he’s mortal and has weaknesses.
Superman stories are dull in comparison. His only weaknesses are Kryptonite and Lois Lane, so in order to keep the franchise going they have to throw more and more absurd threats at him (or put him in a Batman story arc….I hate cross-overs with ill-paired characters).

8. Adam Hughes, Joe Maduriera, Adam Warren, Fred Perry and J. Scott Campbell are the big names whose work I gaze at in wonder.

9. I’ve only ever downloaded one album, and that’s because I couldn’t find it on CD anywhere (I hate not having a hard-copy). It’s the score (not the soundtrack) to Kick-Ass.

10. Out of those three, probably Sky (were she human). Chloe’s a little too crazy and Helga’s scary.

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

704Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:26 am

cenaris

cenaris

CyberCorn Entropic wrote:
Quoth Cenaris:
Non SA question:
Do you know how long to cook noodles? Because I tried earlier but I cooked them too long. And they ended up looking like mush...
I typically cook pasta noodles right out of a bulk bag, so I might be off a bit.

I'd recommend spraying your pot with cooking spray before filling it partly with water. Dump in your noodles and break them up as you feel appropriate. Now turn on the burner, setting it to high. Add some salt and a bit of butter either just before or right after turning on the burner. Stir occasionally until the water comes to a boil and turn down the heat to medium (keep it boiling, though). Check your noodles every half minute or so by using the edge of your spoon to press one or two against the side of the pot. When you think the spoon cuts through the noodles right, turn off the burner, drain the pot, you know the drill.

Much of the cooking time of noodles consists mainly of soaking the noodles until they're soft and flexible. Unfortunately, when you wait until the water is boiling when you dump in the noodles, you also cook off a lot of the nutrients during the soak time. By dumping the noodles in before the heat is turned on, you're not only cutting down on overall cooking time but also keeping more of what nutrients the food companies leave in their products.

Also, when water reaches boiling, it will boil at the same rate and stay the same temperature no matter how much heat is applied. Thus, by turning down the temperature when the water starts boiling, you're saving energy and, more importantly, are at less risk of overcooking your food.

That sounds more like I was asking. Thanks.
EDIT: I'm editing this reply to say I'm sitting here eating spicy as hell noodles in a nice imperial blue noodle bowl and enjoying them. Job well done.

jollyjack wrote:

1. Kat’s not going to be seen in the buff.

Though she's been seen running around in the buff in early strips (spider in the shower) or various sketches (like when she's given cream and string)

705Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:02 am

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Or when she was running buttnaked around city and crushing cars and all kinds of millitary.

706Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:47 pm

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

Quoth Cenaris:
That sounds more like I was asking. Thanks.
EDIT: I'm editing this reply to say I'm sitting here eating spicy as hell noodles in a nice imperial blue noodle bowl and enjoying them. Job well done.
Thank you. Smile I'm glad I can be of some use.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

707Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:58 pm

DarkKlade

1. What was the proudest moment on your life.... that you can mention?

2. Are you an Englishman born and bred? For some reason I thought you were an Aussie originally

3. If you could instant know any extra language what would it be?

4. What's the most annoying reoccurring comment you get?

5. Where did you learn most of you artistic skill (school, college, uni, self taught)?

6. Do you use any animal influences in your colouring choices, like with the Little Victory GSI hero uniforms?

7. Are you a fan of shows like IT Crowd and The Big Bang Theory?

8. If you could have either a miniature pet elephant or a miniature pet giraffe which would you choose?

9. Is it fine to draw any of your characters and post them online? Obviously non profit.

10. Which is your favourite comic project you have worked on so far (Even if you didn't complete it or publish it)?

11. Your a great comic writer/artist do you attribute your sense of humour to anything in particular?

12. Ummmmm how was your day?

Okay done now, I should stop asking so many.

Thanks for answering or ignoring

708Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:55 am

Mutant for Hire

If Chloe and Helga had a wrestling match, who would win?

709Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:02 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

DarkKlade wrote:1. What was the proudest moment on your life.... that you can mention?

2. Are you an Englishman born and bred? For some reason I thought you were an Aussie originally

3. If you could instant know any extra language what would it be?

4. What's the most annoying reoccurring comment you get?

5. Where did you learn most of you artistic skill (school, college, uni, self taught)?

6. Do you use any animal influences in your colouring choices, like with the Little Victory GSI hero uniforms?

7. Are you a fan of shows like IT Crowd and The Big Bang Theory?

8. If you could have either a miniature pet elephant or a miniature pet giraffe which would you choose?

9. Is it fine to draw any of your characters and post them online? Obviously non profit.

10. Which is your favourite comic project you have worked on so far (Even if you didn't complete it or publish it)?

11. Your a great comic writer/artist do you attribute your sense of humour to anything in particular?

12. Ummmmm how was your day?

Okay done now, I should stop asking so many.

Thanks for answering or ignoring

1. I can’t pinpoint a proudest moment. Elation kinda builds and declines. At the moment I’m kind of on a high because lots of people seem to be reading my stuff and saying they like it.

2. I was born in Australia, but I’ve lived in Britain longer and my parents are British.

3. French. It’s the second most widely spoken language in the world, so it’d be useful.

4. People asking how my day was.

5. Most of it is self taught. There have been a few stand-out tips I’ve picked up from tutorials that I’ve read, but I’ve still had to practice them on my own for them to be useful.

6. Uh….you’re seeing something I’m not, there. No.

7. I.T. crowd; yes. I know of Big Bang Theory, but don’t really follow it. I get a giggle when I do catch a clip, though. Fave bit I’ve seen was where one of the cast walks into a comic store, presses a button on his shirt and the Imperial March starts playing as he struts around.
That appealed to me Very Happy

8. Elephant. It’s more Sky Captain Very Happy

9. I don’t mind fan art.

10. It varies, depending on my mood. Work on something non-stop for too long and it becomes a chore. At the moment; Little Victory is my fave.

11. An understanding of timing and the ability to edit.

12. Evil or Very Mad

710Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:25 am

Ganthan

Your current DeviantArt journal entry says you're playing Civilization 5. Is it awesome? I bought it recently only to discover my PC doesn't have quite enough muscle to run it. At least, I assume so if I had actually been able to install it. Lousy online DRM and my gaming PC not having internet access at the moment. Looks like I'm stuck with Civ 4 at the moment.

711Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:48 am

cenaris

cenaris

1. Who's the easiest character to draw?
2. Who apart from whoever in SA is the one you like drawing the most?
3. Would you be open to drawing another really gory comic in the future in the same vein as Alexis?

712Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:37 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

cenaris wrote:1. Who's the easiest character to draw?
2. Who apart from whoever in SA is the one you like drawing the most?
3. Would you be open to drawing another really gory comic in the future in the same vein as Alexis?

1. Jack/The Denizens.
2. Vicky from Little Victory is always fun. She's cute, expressive and can punch holes in walls.
3. The Alaska Rhodes character (see DevArt) is set to appear in a Heavy Metal style comic. There will be a bit of gore it that.

713Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 am

cenaris

cenaris

jollyjack wrote:
2. Vicky from Little Victory is always fun. She's cute, expressive and can punch holes in walls.

See, now I figured Vicky would be the type who didn't have Power Girl type super strength and resorted more to special powers like lightning.

714Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:57 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

cenaris wrote:
jollyjack wrote:

See, now I figured Vicky would be the type who didn't have Power Girl type super strength and resorted more to special powers like lightning.

I said she can punch a hole in a wall. I didn't say HOW she punches a hole in a wall Smile

715Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:29 pm

rpx

1) What ever happened to that Barbarian girl Alexis.http://jollyjack.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d14z5mt

2)In order Who are your most powerful characters?

3)What is your favorite ninja weapon of choice?

716Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:44 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

rpx wrote:1) What ever happened to that Barbarian girl Alexis.http://jollyjack.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d14z5mt

2)In order Who are your most powerful characters?

3)What is your favorite ninja weapon of choice?

1. Yet another of my many side-projects that is currently on ice.

2. The Pantheon (Super heroes in Little Victory, of which Vicky is a member) are probably the most powerful characters I’ve thus far made known. I tend not to make major characters too strong as it limits their plot potential.
It’s the whole Batman vs Superman debate again. Batman has the more interesting stories because he doesn’t actually have any super powers.

3. Donatello was my favourite Turtle.

717Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:24 am

Pietja

I've got a question :

how ladies react when you tell them you earn cash for your bills by drawing cartoons, comics, etc.?

I ask you this, because of the interview I read some time ago with one polish comic artist, that due to position of comics and cartoons in our society has to work in advertisements indsutry(like most of the artists after Academy Of Fine Arts... what a nation) to literally stay alive. Thus, society sees the whole cartoon stuff as a kiddie stuff, not fit for adults(yet adults have to make it, hm?) and as he put it "I'm often ashamed to tell the new girl I met about my passion, wich is drawing comics and cartoons, because of reactions I got in the past. But when I tell her that I work in advertisement industry then it's all fine".

So I'm interested - how's it in UK? How girls that you were potentially interested in react to your passion? Or do you try to hide it like that guy?

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

718Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:04 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

Pietja wrote:I've got a question :

how ladies react when you tell them you earn cash for your bills by drawing cartoons, comics, etc.?

I ask you this, because of the interview I read some time ago with one polish comic artist, that due to position of comics and cartoons in our society has to work in advertisements indsutry(like most of the artists after Academy Of Fine Arts... what a nation) to literally stay alive. Thus, society sees the whole cartoon stuff as a kiddie stuff, not fit for adults(yet adults have to make it, hm?) and as he put it "I'm often ashamed to tell the new girl I met about my passion, wich is drawing comics and cartoons, because of reactions I got in the past. But when I tell her that I work in advertisement industry then it's all fine".

So I'm interested - how's it in UK? How girls that you were potentially interested in react to your passion? Or do you try to hide it like that guy?

I've never had a problem with it Very Happy
I do usually say "I'm an illustrator", though, which sounds more professional than "Cartoonist".
Both terms, however, garner interest/pique curiosity.

719Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Do you ever relate yourself to characters? My example is Art, who is also a cartoo- ahem - illustrator. I find that when writing or drawing, one or more of the characters show different aspects of myself, sometimes unintentionally.

720Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:39 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

Damien Darkside wrote:Do you ever relate yourself to characters? My example is Art, who is also a cartoo- ahem - illustrator. I find that when writing or drawing, one or more of the characters show different aspects of myself, sometimes unintentionally.

As I've said before; there's a bit of me in every character.

721Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 am

cenaris

cenaris

Will we get anymore of Chloe's history, i.e: Where she grew up, what she got up to, or how she made her billions? I get that she's UK born (you've mentioned that I remember), but did she live in a foreign city? Did her parents boot her off to some rich all girl's boarding school? Did she have any wacky adventures?

Come to think of it, is she richer than Bruce Wayne?

722Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:45 am

Frist

Frist

cenaris wrote:Will we get anymore of Chloe's history, i.e: Where she grew up, what she got up to, or how she made her billions? I get that she's UK born (you've mentioned that I remember), but did she live in a foreign city? Did her parents boot her off to some rich all girl's boarding school? Did she have any wacky adventures?

Come to think of it, is she richer than Bruce Wayne?

Wacky adventures....

.. *shakes head* Damn my hyperactive imaginatiooooon!

Frist: ..

..Chloe's first ti- *explodes*

723Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:12 am

cenaris

cenaris

Frist wrote:

Frist: ..

..Chloe's first ti- *explodes*

That's not what I meant Suspect

724Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:43 am

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Ti-... ?

725Ask Jolly Jack! - Page 29 Empty Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Pietja

Tire changing?

Tibia account?

Timex watch?

Tim Burton movie marathon?

Tina Turner concert?

Tiramisu?

Hmm... I bet he was thinking about her first tiramisu. I still remember mine.
Dee-liscious!

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum