Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enter the third wheel.

+34
kapparomeo
Xudmud
cyberrad
KaZe
Cee64E
Biohazyrd
EmfinnFZ
Silvador
electricv01
Sylentknight
GdoubleWB
Bunyip
Gernsback
indrejue
TheGreatHibiki
Hells-Reaver
Taurus2
DarkAngel
rpx
TaoOfMike
extraintelligence
Crilltic
Vordreller
Contrast
BenRG
vevans0009
tonylov
Ganthan
Moonman
wolfman-al
plaid_wolf
cenaris
not_cenaris
Wanzer21
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:18 am

EmfinnFZ

Contrast wrote:A lot of people seem to be getting upset at JJ.

Nah. I don't think anyones hating on JJ. Hating on Hillary and Pip, yes. JJ no.

http://cityofsteam.com/

52Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:33 am

Ganthan

You want to know what is was that pissed me off towards Hilary and call her things like 'massive thundercunt' and such? It isn't all the lying, manipulation or even the cheating. That stuff, while bad, still falls outside the category of 'abusing someone physically against their will.' However, she has now DRUGGED Pip. As far as I'm concerned she needs to be arrested, get a felony record, have no more chance of getting a job anywhere ever again and basically get her life wrecked.

Now before anyone starts getting down my throat with, "Dude, it was just sleeping powder in his wine. He's gonna be fine. Chill out." Whenever any kind of fast acting drug is introduced into the body you're playing with fire to some degree. For all she knew he could already have been on some prescription medication or maybe even just secretly popped a sexual stimulant that could have conflicted with the sleeping drug and did some damage to him or even killed him. There just isn't any need as far as I'm concerned. Far better to just dump Pip and leave him with blue balls than to drug him out.

I also want to make it clear that I don't have any issues against people taking whatever the hell drug they feel like. If people want to smoke weed or crack, snort coke or take acid or whatever and trash their health, life and bank account, go nuts. I'll never take drugs myself nor smoke or drink booze but I do think that it should all be legal. Frankly, the courts and jails are full enough without throwing in potheads who just want to get high in their homes. Just as long as it ISN'T FORCED ONTO ANYBODY ELSE AGAINST THEIR CONSENT! That's the issue here.

53Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:54 am

cenaris

cenaris

Dudes... dudes.... dudes...
Dudes...

DUDES.

Chill. Just a little. It's. A. Webcomic. Calm down. Some of you are getting so obsessive and venomous about a strip that it's getting downright creepy

Stop it and just roll with it. We all know Hillary is going to get what's coming to her. Some of you just have to stop getting aggro about it. Spectacle is going to make sure we get moral fulfillment at the end.

54Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:11 am

tonylov

What if I don’t want moral fulfillment just erotic daydreams?

55Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:22 am

cenaris

cenaris

I was referring more to the people getting ready to lynch mob a webcomic. If you want some kind of fantasy, go for it. Smile

56Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:29 am

EmfinnFZ

Ganthan wrote:, get a felony record
Gonna be rather tricky to manage in the UK...

Ganthan wrote:Just as long as it ISN'T FORCED ONTO ANYBODY ELSE AGAINST THEIR CONSENT! That's the issue here.
Ah, so kinda like trying to sell an innocent, naive and trusting (yet distinctly sentient) squirrel-girl into a life of (implicitly sexual) slavery?

Anything short of repatedly gut-shooting Pip and then administering just enough medical aid to keep him alive for a few months has been fully earned, and then some.

http://cityofsteam.com/

57Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:34 am

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

Oddly enough, the mayhem here in the forum begins to amuse me more than the actual comic!
I was right about Hillary and now that that everybody begins to realize it, al hell breaks loose.
Dance, my puppets, DANCE!!! MWUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

58Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:49 am

Biohazyrd

Biohazyrd

Maybe she's become a high-class call girl to raise some cash?

59Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:28 pm

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

wolfman-al wrote:Oddly enough, the mayhem here in the forum begins to amuse me more than the actual comic!
I was right about Hillary and now that that everybody begins to realize it, al hell breaks loose.
Dance, my puppets, DANCE!!! MWUHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I got no strings to hold me down, to make me ...

You know what I never paid much attention to that movie. Never liked it.

60Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Vordreller

Ganthan wrote:You want to know what is was that pissed me off towards Hilary and call her things like 'massive thundercunt' and such? It isn't all the lying, manipulation or even the cheating. That stuff, while bad, still falls outside the category of 'abusing someone physically against their will.' However, she has now DRUGGED Pip. As far as I'm concerned she needs to be arrested, get a felony record, have no more chance of getting a job anywhere ever again and basically get her life wrecked.

Now before anyone starts getting down my throat with, "Dude, it was just sleeping powder in his wine. He's gonna be fine. Chill out." Whenever any kind of fast acting drug is introduced into the body you're playing with fire to some degree. For all she knew he could already have been on some prescription medication or maybe even just secretly popped a sexual stimulant that could have conflicted with the sleeping drug and did some damage to him or even killed him. There just isn't any need as far as I'm concerned. Far better to just dump Pip and leave him with blue balls than to drug him out.

I also want to make it clear that I don't have any issues against people taking whatever the hell drug they feel like. If people want to smoke weed or crack, snort coke or take acid or whatever and trash their health, life and bank account, go nuts. I'll never take drugs myself nor smoke or drink booze but I do think that it should all be legal. Frankly, the courts and jails are full enough without throwing in potheads who just want to get high in their homes. Just as long as it ISN'T FORCED ONTO ANYBODY ELSE AGAINST THEIR CONSENT! That's the issue here.
Or perhaps that drugging a drink is exactly what date-rapists do. And "it's just some sleeping powder in her drink" isn't exactly an excuse in those cases.

But luckily for Hilary, Pip is a man. And nobody cares when it happens to a man. Because men don't have feelings. Or a vagina.

Also, cenaris, you're taking the writings of random people on a forum too seriously. It's not like an angry mob is going to form here. It's not "just a webcomic". If it were, we wouldn't be here. This is a webcomic with like. With characters we like and with stories we like.

It's something we like.

I follow a good amount of webcomics and about half their forums. I've seen people call out artists for things happening in the comic, even insulting them and demanding the story be re-written.

I'm not seeing that here. If anyone thinks any of this is directed right at JJ, you're mistaken. Basically, the comic is to us like a soap opera and we're old, yelling housewives who are too involved in the story while drinking their red wine and eating toasts and not taking their eyes off the screen while doing so.

This is a story that shows how some people manipulate others to get what they want, betray trust and even drug other people. And we're vocal in our opinions about that. But that doesn't mean we don't like JJ anymore. We're focusing on the story. On the comic-world. We're entertaining our fantasies and there's nothing wrong with that.

61Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:54 pm

indrejue

indrejue

wolf man i was with you the whole time so i am your second in command technically. all those people shouting a little good side to hilary is called char development you were wrong that is not character development any how. character development is simply learning more about the character so learn about the depths of her twisted evil you all and indeed dance. a character can be developed and not have a single redeeming feature about them or be a goodie to shoes and have no character development people have been confusing the term for way too long in this discussion that i finally got irritated enough to correct the oversight.

62Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Gernsback

Gernsback

Contrast wrote:
Gernsback wrote:
electricv01 wrote:JJ, why must you make me sad? pale

What he said Sad

A lot of people seem to be getting upset at JJ. Remember, he's doing all this for free. He slaves away to bring us a funny, entertaining strip on a regular basis and he doesn't ask for anything in return.
I believe it's premature to suddenly judge the entire arc based on a single strip that amounts to 10 seconds in story-time.
I'd prefer to wait until the entire arc is finished before I deliver my verdict.
Personally, I can't wait to see where it's heading. Smile

Hate on JJ? NEVER! In fact, I applaud him for raising emotions of all assembled here. The mark of a true artist!

However, I would restrain my full vitriol til this all plays out. Remember the minions.

Last edited by Gernsback on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammar)

63Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:47 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

indrejue wrote:wolf man i was with you the whole time so i am your second in command technically. all those people shouting a little good side to hilary is called char development you were wrong that is not character development any how. character development is simply learning more about the character so learn about the depths of her twisted evil you all and indeed dance. a character can be developed and not have a single redeeming feature about them or be a goodie to shoes and have no character development people have been confusing the term for way too long in this discussion that i finally got irritated enough to correct the oversight.

Do you realize that "it wasn't a development of Hilary's character, it was just an act" set as a plot point? This is why some people are a little upset - we had a character that no one cared about, getting set for an actual evolution from her one-dimensional bully "personality" into something a bit more complicated. You know, like showing feelings of an almost human nature.

#793 "This will not do".

Bam! She's just evil. No development happened. Just an act, keep moving.

For a comic that grew quite stale in character development department it seems like a huge waste.

Also, when I first read this strip I just felt really empty. Not because I was sad about Pip (I wasn't), but because all that potential and _emotional engagement_ that I was having for first time in my experience of reading SA, went down the hole for the sake of very weak and very lazy plot twist.

Before anyone starts - I am not hating on JJ here. I appreciate every moment of enjoyement that I had for free with this web-comic over the years and I am grateful to Mr.Jackson for that.

But this whole situation just feels wrong.

64Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:29 pm

Ganthan

Vordreller wrote:Or perhaps that drugging a drink is exactly what date-rapists do. And "it's just some sleeping powder in her drink" isn't exactly an excuse in those cases.

But luckily for Hilary, Pip is a man. And nobody cares when it happens to a man. Because men don't have feelings. Or a vagina.

cheers Cheers. I'm glad someone else here agrees with me.

65Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:08 am

electricv01

electricv01

Contrast wrote:
Gernsback wrote:

What he said Sad

A lot of people seem to be getting upset at JJ. Remember, he's doing all this for free. He slaves away to bring us a funny, entertaining strip on a regular basis and he doesn't ask for anything in return.
I believe it's premature to suddenly judge the entire arc based on a single strip that amounts to 10 seconds in story-time.
I'd prefer to wait until the entire arc is finished before I deliver my verdict.

I'm not getting upset at JJ at all. I was simply stating that the comic made me sad because of the things Pip was saying about being so happy, while bad things were happening behind his back.

http://www.realitycheckfail.com

66Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:30 am

Cee64E

Don't know if anyone has thought of this but what if Pip is -supposed- to catch her with the other guy... just to break his heart more thoroughly.

67Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:33 am

KaZe

KaZe

Cee64E wrote:Don't know if anyone has thought of this but what if Pip is -supposed- to catch her with the other guy... just to break his heart more thoroughly.

At that point I'd say it's time to fire up the orbital death-ray...

Twisted Evil

68Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:36 am

cyberrad

Just started reading the forums and man they are as entertaining as the comic itself

69Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:56 am

Contrast

Contrast

electricv01 wrote:
Contrast wrote:
Gernsback wrote:

What he said Sad

I'm not getting upset at JJ at all. I was simply stating that the comic made me sad because of the things Pip was saying about being so happy, while bad things were happening behind his back.

@ Electricv01 and Gernsback: Oops, sorry! My bad.

70Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:56 am

indrejue

indrejue

not_cenaris wrote:
indrejue wrote:wolf man i was with you the whole time so i am your second in command technically. all those people shouting a little good side to hilary is called char development you were wrong that is not character development any how. character development is simply learning more about the character so learn about the depths of her twisted evil you all and indeed dance. a character can be developed and not have a single redeeming feature about them or be a goodie to shoes and have no character development people have been confusing the term for way too long in this discussion that i finally got irritated enough to correct the oversight.

Do you realize that "it wasn't a development of Hilary's character, it was just an act" set as a plot point? This is why some people are a little upset - we had a character that no one cared about, getting set for an actual evolution from her one-dimensional bully "personality" into something a bit more complicated. You know, like showing feelings of an almost human nature.

#793 "This will not do".

Bam! She's just evil. No development happened. Just an act, keep moving.

For a comic that grew quite stale in character development department it seems like a huge waste.

Also, when I first read this strip I just felt really empty. Not because I was sad about Pip (I wasn't), but because all that potential and _emotional engagement_ that I was having for first time in my experience of reading SA, went down the hole for the sake of very weak and very lazy plot twist.

Before anyone starts - I am not hating on JJ here. I appreciate every moment of enjoyment that I had for free with this web-comic over the years and I am grateful to Mr.Jackson for that.

But this whole situation just feels wrong.

again you did not read what i said that is not what equals character development what you are talking about and what you were hoping for is a different term entirely. that is called humanizing 2 totally different terms. adding merit to a char can be a part of the greater whole of character development but not a necessary part so stop confusing the terms

71Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:28 am

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

indrejue wrote:
again you did not read what i said that is not what equals character development what you are talking about and what you were hoping for is a different term entirely. that is called humanizing 2 totally different terms. adding merit to a char can be a part of the greater whole of character development but not a necessary part so stop confusing the terms

Making a character more humane, or in this case, widening the spectrum of character's emotions and dilemmas, is a part of adding complexity to the character, thus making it developing character personality. Also, it wasn't the only thing that was going on there.

72Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:36 am

indrejue

indrejue

but that is not what char development is ALL about the thing is the character is still developing just not in the way they wanted her to develop that is point i am trying to make. she is developing in the way jj wants her as an evil not a good or just straight up anti hero but rather as evil.

73Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:11 pm

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

not_cenaris wrote:
indrejue wrote:

Making a character more humane, or in this case, widening the spectrum of character's emotions and dilemmas, is a part of adding complexity to the character, thus making it developing character personality. Also, it wasn't the only thing that was going on there.
You forgot something, there is nothing more humane than being evil. Remember, some bunnys just want to watch the world burn.

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

74Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:46 am

Xudmud

Xudmud

Maybe she didn't put anything at all in Pip's drink. Maybe Pip just can't hold his liquor to save his life. (Unlikely, considering how much drinking is done at his place, mostly by Kat though)

Just to throw a different angle out there.

75Enter the third wheel. - Page 3 Empty Re: Enter the third wheel. Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:12 am

cenaris

cenaris

xfullmetal17 wrote:Maybe she didn't put anything at all in Pip's drink. Maybe Pip just can't hold his liquor to save his life. (Unlikely, considering how much drinking is done at his place, mostly by Kat though)

Just to throw a different angle out there.

I kind of agree there. As demented as Hilary is, Sequential Art is still a "family friendly" or "clean" comic, not some super serious hard hitting drama. He probably is just a lightweight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum