Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

*Gasp*

+38
cloewen
Vordreller
ShadOBabe
MadxHatter123
Trimith
26_9
Winds
indrejue
Bunyip
RenaTamer
The voix
DarkAngel
CyberCorn Entropic
raleurc
Robotboy1
arminman
Hyuuint
Karsun
Moonman
Foxx
BraePat
wolfman-al
Undocumented
zombiepancakes
GdoubleWB
Sylentknight
sir-talen
TheGreatHibiki
shadowdarkk
BenRG
Riikano-Alinaris
Ganthan
EmfinnFZ
BillyH666
rpx
cenaris
awchern
not_cenaris
42 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1*Gasp* Empty *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:43 am

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

*Gasp* SA_0784_small

I think I became addict to JJ's characters facial expressions. Also, reminds about one specific picture from one of his olds artbooks, that involves tags "couch", "comfy Pip", "furious Kat", "naked Hilary".

2*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:48 am

awchern

Wow, two amazing things in this single strip.

1) The best double take I've seen in this strip. It's like Kat's simultaneously gagging as she is realizing Pip and Hilary must've banged.

2) That is probably the only sincere smile I've seen on Hilary's face. Could this mean a new character shall join the Art Clan?

3*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:10 am

cenaris

cenaris

Holy shit! Hilary actually likes Pip!

4*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 am

rpx

I say there is an alterior Motive.

5*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:38 am

BillyH666

As disgusting as it is for me to say, they actually look pale cute together... Of course the legitimacy of the relationship is in question given Gabrie- I mean Hilary's relationship with Kat.

6*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:01 am

EmfinnFZ

Ok... the "No! NONONONONO! NOOOOOOO!" voices (regarding Hilary being nice to someone or becoming nicer in general) in my head have attained sufficient laryngitis to allow me actually thingk about this.

*slow clap*
Niiiicely played Ms Bunny. At the cost 30 seconds of B-grade theatrics (with waterworks), one easily denied afternoons "passion", and an hour of tolerating a nerd and his video games, you've completely destroyed Kats home/comfort zone/comprehension of reality.

Sweeeet. In a totally evil and twisted sense.

(You do realise Kat has to burn that couch and the carpet from the door to the living room now, dontcha?)

http://cityofsteam.com/

7*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:20 am

EmfinnFZ

*prediction mode on*
At some point in the not too distant future Kat will declare (possibly paraphrased) "She hasn't changed at all! She's just using you to get to me" to a disbelieving Art and Pip. Which side the quads may take has yet to be determined. Two panels later when the rest are out of earshot Hilary will say "You're right, you know. And it's working better than I could have imagined" to Kat.

8*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:59 am

Ganthan

9*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:08 am

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Please, this:

Holy shit! Hilary actually likes Pip!

Not this:
*prediction mode on*
At some point in the not too distant future Kat will declare (possibly paraphrased) "She hasn't changed at all! She's just using you to get to me" to a disbelieving Art and Pip. Which side the quads may take has yet to be determined. Two panels later when the rest are out of earshot Hilary will say "You're right, you know. And it's working better than I could have imagined" to Kat.

Sadly, the amount of times JJ used word combination "bitch bunny" towards Hilary is overwhelming. Also this:
Spoiler:

This:
Spoiler:

And these:
Spoiler:

10*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:19 am

EmfinnFZ

not_сenaris wrote:
"bitch bunny"
This:

And these:

Gawddamn, but I love that queen of evil...

Why yes, I was a Hyena fanboi back in the Gargoyles days, at least after Demona went soft.

11*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:23 am

Riikano-Alinaris

awchern wrote:

That is probably the only sincere smile I've seen on Hilary's face.

I agree.

awchern wrote:

Could this mean a new character shall join the Art Clan?

NO.

12*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:34 am

BenRG

BenRG

Basically, Kat's expression in the last panel means: "ERROR! DOES NOT COMPUTE!"

What really matters, though, is what happens next. Kat's shock must pass eventually and she must respond. Will Kat accuse Pip of betraying her by (literally) sleeping with the enemy? Will she accuse Hilary of corrupting one of her friends (although Pip is only very marginally Kat's friend)? I'm sure that Hilary will also be more than glad to rub her oh-so-"wonderful and meaningful relationship" (Hah!) in Kat's face.

Most worryingly, Kat might decide that she needs to play catch-up. She and Hilary have been very competitive since early childhood, as we have seen. She may decide that she needs a bed-buddy of her own. It could all lead to a "my relationship is stronger and deeper than yours" tit-for-tat battle of one-upmanship that could race all the way to the wedding chapel! Laughing

No matter how things work out, I'm sure that we're in for one wild ride! Cool

13*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:49 am

shadowdarkk

shadowdarkk

kat's face ... EPIC affraid

14*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:57 am

TheGreatHibiki

TheGreatHibiki

More then likely Hilary is in evil bitch mode, but there is still the factor is she full on (Hates pip and all that) or is she getting a soft spot for our hopeful avian? Because that would be the right twist on this.

15*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:15 am

sir-talen

sir-talen

Oh, dear lord. If Hilary's financial straits are bad enough, she might very well be moving in with the gang. Welcome to Kat's personal Hell.

Of course I can see two or three ways this can go.

1) Hilary is still a lying, scheming bitch, and things go pretty much as predicted above, with Pip and Art siding with her "change of heart" and Kat being shut out and suffering as long as Jollyjack can make it amusing. (Not long, I hope. I hate those kind of storylines where half the people have to be blind idiots for it to work)

2. Hilary tries the above, but trips and falls very quickly when she meets Scarlet and immediately starts belittling her. Cosmic justice ensues when one of Scarlet's presents to her is violently rejected, and Hilary discovers just what happens to people Who Make Scarlet Cry.

3. Revenge of the Nerds Heel Face Turn: Pip is so good in bed that he successfully sexed the evil out of Hilary (because as the movie notes, "Nerds think about it all the time"). Cue Kat twisting herself in knots trying to prove Hilary's evil intent, until she gradually realizes Hilary means it. Exchanges of Pink Pony toys may be involved...

http://sir-talen.deviantart.com/

16*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 am

Sylentknight

Sylentknight

I don't think is so much about Hilary being evil. Evil can be a matter of perspective. Nor do I think that this may be some elaborate plan to hurt Kat, as it would be down right psychotic. The kind of psychotic that gets you put away. She's Pip's boss...she wouldn't need to go that far.
Rather, both Pip and Hilary have certain mercantile characteristics in common (Pip once auctioned off Scarlet) that could make them friends in a Ferengi kind of way. What I like to think is that Hilary being around and more active in the strip will give Kat someone to create drama with and thus generate more story lines.

17*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:53 am

GdoubleWB

GdoubleWB

I like this. It shows even Hilary can be kind of friendly.

18*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:57 am

zombiepancakes

zombiepancakes

Sorry to interrupt your discussions about Hilary's evil plotting, but does anyone know what kat is supposed to be singing or humming?

19*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:06 am

GdoubleWB

GdoubleWB

zombiepancakes wrote:Sorry to interrupt your discussions about Hilary's evil plotting, but does anyone know what kat is supposed to be singing or humming?

Mnah Mnah. It's from the muppets. Look it up on Youtube.

20*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:13 am

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

zombiepancakes wrote:Sorry to interrupt your discussions about Hilary's evil plotting, but does anyone know what kat is supposed to be singing or humming?

21*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:41 am

zombiepancakes

zombiepancakes

not_сenaris wrote:
Lol I loved that song as a kid, I can't believe I didn't realize she was singing that

22*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:43 am

Undocumented

Undocumented

Once Kat recovers from the initial shock, I somehow see her getting that sly amusement out of it. She knows Pip and what he can be like, if Hilary isn't sincere, he's going to drive her up the wall with all of his quirks. So I can easily see Kat sitting back and letting Hilary dig her own hole as it were.

For now though, she needs to remaster the art of breathing Shocked

23*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:00 am

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

That second panel.
Its all kinds of wrong.
Its like watching Star Wars and suddenly seeing Han Solo and Darth Vader sitting in the Cantina having a beer together like old mates (even thou I wouldn´t even rule THAT out, Lucas has completely lost his shit after all...)
Its like a panel from the sequencial art comic from an evil mirror universe (in that case they would all have goatees thou). I personally think this is more disturbing than strip 782. While that one was a brutal shock, a bit like a midget that was hiding in your fridge punching you in the groin when you open the door (this may sound funny, but you sure won´t laugh if that happens to you), it could have been marked off as a spontanious mistake, a mixture of hormonal imbalance, insanity and a pity fuck. But this development here, thats freaking me out, like a really nasty, fucked up episode of Twilight Zone. They didn´t do this spontanious, in the heat of the moment, they planned to hang around together and play video games! It appears that they are in a rela... I can´t spell that out, its too unsetteling and too far out. This can´t be a rel..., you know what! Maybe poor, naive Pip, who hadn´t really that much experience with the fair gender yet, thinks so. I´m pretty sure on Hillarys side it is in fact some evil, elaborate plan to fuck with Kats life. She is a complete monster ( http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CompleteMonster ), and you can´t trust her as far as you can piss while sitting down!

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

24*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:10 am

GdoubleWB

GdoubleWB

wolfman-al wrote:That second panel.
Its all kinds of wrong.
...Maybe poor, naive Pip, who hadn´t really that much experience with the fair gender yet, thinks so. I´m pretty sure on Hillarys side it is in fact some evil, elaborate plan to fuck with Kats life. She is a complete monster, and you can´t trust her as far as you can piss while sitting down!
I'm not sure. I like to have faith in people and characters. I like the idea that Hilary has been using her bitchy attitude as a shield for her insecurity. Since Pip showed her sympathy in a vulnerable time, she might see him as a compassionate man (alternative from the douches I'm assuming she usually dates), and be willing to enter a RELATIONSHIP (yeah, I said it!) with him.

25*Gasp* Empty Re: *Gasp* Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:58 am

Ganthan

Oh man. If Hilary starts calling Pip her "Little Pippy Wippy" that will officially be the creepiest thing SA has ever done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next