Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

*Gasp*

+38
cloewen
Vordreller
ShadOBabe
MadxHatter123
Trimith
26_9
Winds
indrejue
Bunyip
RenaTamer
The voix
DarkAngel
CyberCorn Entropic
raleurc
Robotboy1
arminman
Hyuuint
Karsun
Moonman
Foxx
BraePat
wolfman-al
Undocumented
zombiepancakes
GdoubleWB
Sylentknight
sir-talen
TheGreatHibiki
shadowdarkk
BenRG
Riikano-Alinaris
Ganthan
EmfinnFZ
BillyH666
rpx
cenaris
awchern
not_cenaris
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:33 am

Riikano-Alinaris

Man, I really want to see her reaction when she will meet the Denizens... I can even imagine her scared face (like Scarlet when they were in the fridge, remember?)

52*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:Man, I really want to see her reaction when she will meet the Denizens
As opposed to Scarlet and Co, Denizens are rather cucumberish.

53*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Vordreller

Y'know, apart from a couple of pinups, I don't think I've ever seen Hilary not wearing a suit. She looks real nice like that.

And for once it doesn't look like she scheming, bored, or thinking about how much she hates something.

She looks like she's just having casual fun like a regular joe. I like that idea very much.

Obviously, Kat isn't going to just accept this idea. All Hilary has ever been to her is a bully. But I'm thinking Kat is vital to Hilary's "recovery". As in, dropping the negative attitude and the wanting to be "superior" to other people.

I want to believe that Hilary wants to be a better person. Everyone deserves that chance. But I also think that if Kat is going to make a big fuss about this, Hilary might be so ashamed of constantly being reminded of her bad past that she might actually go back to it, because it's the only thing she really knows. It's who she's been for 20-something years.

It's like someone living in a hole for 20+ years and when they try to crawl out, people yell at them "oh no, don't come out, you've only ever lived there, we feel uncomfortable with you not living there, go back in, go back in!"

54*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:32 pm

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

The voix wrote:I don't think you give Art enough credit. He had to deal with Hilary during the whole ad campaign. I doubt he's going to just fade into the background and hide after that. Frankly I'd like to see him be the one to take a stand and try to be the one to protect Kat.
On the contrary, I know that Art will rise to the occasion when he must. He has done so multiple times, from his previous encounter with Hilary to battling the likes of Shadow Jack, OzBasic, and the Martians. But he only does so if he absolutely has to. As long as nobody forces his hand, I doubt he'll act. When it comes to womens' egos clashing, it's probably safer that way.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

55*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:11 am

Riikano-Alinaris

not_сenaris wrote:
Riikano-Alinaris wrote:Man, I really want to see her reaction when she will meet the Denizens
As opposed to Scarlet and Co, Denizens are rather cucumberish.

Shocked

Please, no... I can't stand the idea!

*shiver*

56*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:36 am

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:Man, I really want to see her reaction when she will meet the Denizens...
Denizens?
Ohhh, you mean that leagon of creepy shadow people who live in the massive underground lab that they built practically overnight & stocked it with a nuclear water heater, supercomputer & whole fleet of Tie Interceptors? The same little guys who nearly took over the world while under malevolent leadership?

The real question here is will Hilary be creeped out...or see the opportunity?

57*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:10 am

EmfinnFZ

DarkAngel wrote:or see the opportunity?

I can't believe I didn't see the potential in that before.

Fall to your knees and plead for a quick death Kat... A new dark power arises, and is a lot smarter than Jack or Oz could ever manage.

And Pip is an ideal witless minion/Number 2. It's a fair bet he's memorised the "What Not to do as an Evil Overlord" list.

http://cityofsteam.com/

58*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:23 am

cloewen

Whatever is happening here, I confess Mr. Jackson has me lock, stock, and barrel. I couldn't stop watching this strip now if you paid me.

Sally on, Mr. Jackson. I suspect this is going to get quite intriguing.

http://literary-equine.livejournal.com/

59*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 pm

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

EmfinnFZ wrote:Fall to your knees and plead for a quick death Kat... A new dark power arises, and is a lot smarter than Jack or Oz could ever manage.

Worse still, Hilary could join forces with them & form their own "Trinity of Terror"!

60*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:21 pm

Lurkergg

cloewen wrote:Whatever is happening here, I confess Mr. Jackson has me lock, stock, and barrel. I couldn't stop watching this strip now if you paid me.

Sally on, Mr. Jackson. I suspect this is going to get quite intriguing.

Ditto. Is this an honest change for her, is she just desperate, or is this some crazy scheme of hers.

61*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:07 pm

campfirestring

campfirestring

haha!

people! enough with the good guesses! I feel like even JJ can't come up with something better than the things you're guessing (as if)! if he does something someone already mentioned, it cheapens it a little... or am I the only one who thinks so?

just kidding, but really.

bravo, PJ. The current story arc has made me laugh far harder than I have in a while with your webcomic. I was beginning to think you'd abandoned SA!!!!!!!!!!

62*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:20 pm

raleurc

raleurc

campfirestring wrote:if he does something someone already mentioned, it cheapens it a little... or am I the only one who thinks so?

Gotta agree with this. Kinda strikes me every time someone "called something" ... Chicken/Egg kinda thing ... Was it inspired by the call, or was the call in fact correct?

That said ...
I'm calling it now: Something mentioned in this thread will happen!

63*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 pm

zombiepancakes

zombiepancakes

The song Kat is humming probably is the mnah mnah song from the muppets, but i noticed that it also happens to match the tune of the first couple words of That's Life by Frank Sinatra. I'm pretty sure it isnt the frank sinatra song though....

64*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 am

Anasazi

Anasazi

I think what is going thru Kat's head is as follows.

WHA...HUH...GUH...BUH...NAH...UHHH...FUH....UHH...DUH...(sounds of gears grinding)

65*Gasp* - Page 3 Empty Re: *Gasp* Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:28 am

Bozzak

I think you are wrong on the song being sung by Kat... The "Mnah mnah" song is more of a 4 beat song where in the first panel, it is 5 beats.

I am thinking it is one of two other songs...

Either:

"The Stripper"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TBrh259zig&feature=related

-or-

"The lion sleeps tonight"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo

Both kind of fit with the current story line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3