Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Damien Darkside's Thread

+2
Retsof
Damien Darkside
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Damien Darkside's Thread Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:36 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Yeah, so here is my thread of quick sketches and the like.

I am more of a Photoshop signature/avatar maker, so I might make a thread about that too. Maybe if we actually get people using signatures we can do it!

Anyways, here is a few sketches:

Damien Darkside's Thread Quick_Girl_Sketchy_by_DamienDarkside

-That one was a quick one I drew when I saw the thread. Ten minutes max I think. I like how it turned out. Something reminded me of the pose so I drew it.

Damien Darkside's Thread Damien_Crouch_Pose_by_DamienDarkside

- Damien Aaron Parker the Hunter from my L4D story "Evolution". I'll post a link at the end if anybody wants to take a gander.

Damien Darkside's Thread Angel_Witch_Jessica_by_DamienDarkside

- Jessica Miskovsky the Witch from "Evolution". She doesn't actually have wings but since Damien regards her as his guardian angel, I thought it fit.

Evolution: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5539729/1/Evolution

Last edited by Damien Darkside on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:52 am

Retsof

Retsof

Any particular reason you didn't give them faces?

3Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:54 am

Nikolai

Nikolai

Hmmmm....I like your "Signature" that you put on your pics. Do'ya think you can make me one?

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

4Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:07 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Nikolai wrote:Hmmmm....I like your "Signature" that you put on your pics. Do'ya think you can make me one?
It's pretty simple, that was off of a few brushes I have and a cool font I downloaded, I do make avatars and the like, I wouldn't mind giving you a watermark thing. Tell me what you'd like.
Retsof wrote:Any particular reason you didn't give them faces?
I suck at faces, let alone half-infected ones.

5Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:13 am

Nikolai

Nikolai

Damien Darkside wrote:
Nikolai wrote:Hmmmm....I like your "Signature" that you put on your pics. Do'ya think you can make me one?
It's pretty simple, that was off of a few brushes I have and a cool font I downloaded, I do make avatars and the like, I wouldn't mind giving you a watermark thing. Tell me what you'd like.

What do you mean?

6Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:15 am

Nikolai

Nikolai

Maybe something Steempunk looking. Like Technological looking. (Wires, Gears, Pistons, etc.)

7Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:57 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

If you wanted something like is in my drawings (the watermark) here is one I made quickly:

Damien Darkside's Thread Nikolai

8Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:00 am

MicasR

MicasR

You seem like a good source for signature related questions...

What do you think of this signatures I made for a other forum?
Damien Darkside's Thread SAdraft2-1

and this one

Damien Darkside's Thread Linuxsigdraft4

9Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:10 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

If the corners are transparent (you can't tell on a white forum) then you did a pretty good job. Oh wait, I think I see grey corners, yeah I see grey corners. Saving as a .gif and making sure that the transparency button is clicked will make that signature have an actual rounded corner, though I think the grey might have been placed there when you did the layer effects.

With a signature with low amounts of colours such as the Che one, you can lower file size, keep transparency and make it look better, not everything has to stay .png. Now being in Photoshop, I can notice the corners easily, other won't, and probably wouldn't unless they see this. This is probably the reason why I don't used curved corner signatures, since it usually restricts you to .gif if you want the corners to actually blend with the forum itself, which conflicts with colours on something over 255.

Apart from that, looking closely, the flag has pixellated jagged curve lines, though that might just be the original file since your font isn't jagged. layer blands might fix that but I wouldn't worry about it. Overall really well done.

Here is one I did for a friend:
Damien Darkside's Thread Shock_Siggy
And an animooted one
Damien Darkside's Thread OrangeNova_Scott_Siggy

10Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:37 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Damien, would you please make me a signature? If so, I would like it to say "Melfire", not Bedaorlisear.

11Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:01 pm

MicasR

MicasR

Gif, got it. It's dark in the corners because I just noticed it Razz The forum I'm on has a black theme so I didn't notice it then. Still trying to make it an animated gif though. I have 3 of those sigs that I want to rotate every few seconds...

12Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

To animate I use an older form of Photoshop since I don't know how to animate on CS2 ;-;

Damien Darkside's Thread Melfire_Siggy

Here ya go! Decided to play around with the font a little and got a little carried away!

13Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:39 pm

MicasR

MicasR

I was told that by just making different layers and saving it as a gif it would automatically make it an animated gif. Guess I heard wrong.

14Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Pietja

Well, maybe not automatically, but almost Very Happy.

In GIMP, that is, if you do that, you'll have an animated gif.

Google GIMP animated gif if you're interested.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

15Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:28 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

[quote="Damien Darkside"]If you wanted something like is in my drawings (the watermark) here is one I made quickly:

Damien Darkside's Thread Nikolai[/quote

Kool, Thanks! Very Happy

16Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

MicasR wrote:I was told that by just making different layers and saving it as a gif it would automatically make it an animated gif. Guess I heard wrong.

On elements you have to click an "animated" box. Raises the size like a sonovaB.

17Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:42 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

thanks Damien! Very Happy

18Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:54 pm

MicasR

MicasR

mmm... I'm growing tired of Jack Parow. I need a new avatar. Preferably with Jack Parow in it...

Oh hey Damien! Didn't see you there. Say, could you help me maybe? Could you maybe make a draft avatar for me? Otherwise I'm doomed! Doomed to see the same face and lyrics for the rest of my life... on this forum!

19Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

So you want just a quick Jack Parow for you to toss lyrics onto? I can do that easily.

20Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:25 am

MicasR

MicasR

Damien Darkside wrote:So you want just a quick Jack Parow for you to toss lyrics onto? I can do that easily.

Nah, think I'm just going to remove the lyrics. Or replace it...

21Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

22Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:48 pm

MicasR

MicasR

Isn't that a bit... big? Crop away the left side and it should suffice Razz Was expecting something with flames or explosions though xD

23Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:01 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

MicasR wrote:Isn't that a bit... big? Crop away the left side and it should suffice Razz Was expecting something with flames or explosions though xD

Lol 200x200 is the pixel dimensions for the forum right? I'mm make a new avatar, but unless you want something really specific, you will get whatever my Photoshop cranks out. Not that it's a bad thing, just might not be what you want.

As for Nikolai, here is my version of your symbol:

Damien Darkside's Thread Nikolai2

That is, unless you want it completely basic.

24Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:03 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

O_O AWWWWSUUUUUUM!!!!! Nice I likey

25Damien Darkside's Thread Empty Re: Damien Darkside's Thread Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:30 pm

MicasR

MicasR

Thanks Damien, didn;t want to seem ungrateful Wink just about the same dimension as mine, but maybe if you really can, try and spice it up a bit Smile flames, explosions, pink. All those will do xD
Also, nice, very nice watermark you made for Nikolai.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum