Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Gun Thread

+5
scienceguy8
rpx
26_9
stephanodude
KaZe
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Gun Thread Empty The Gun Thread Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:21 am

KaZe

KaZe

To counter the overwhelming cuteness of the MLP thread and because I generally enjoy guns, here's a thread dedicated too them. Very Happy

So to start the ball rolling:

1) What kind do you like?

2) What have you shot?

3) What do you own?

4) If you could own any one kind of firearm, what would it be and why?

Discuss

*If I ever get my computer fixed (using my phone currently) I'll see if I can post pictures of some of my own stuff.

2The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:10 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

GUNS! GOD I LOVE GUNS! DEAR GUN MAKERS. IM SO ALONE!

but nah. (1.) im fine with hunting rifles and pistols. My uncles let me shoot his guns before on hunting trips. (2.) i've shot a magnum and i dont know what kind of rifle it was. (3.)i dont own any guns. but my dad owns a small repeating rifle and shoots the squirrels in our backyard. i get 5$ for everyone i kill so i'll do that every now and then during the summer. (i sound redneck Razz )

3The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:05 pm

KaZe

KaZe

LOL, nice. Although as far as I'm concerned, at $5 a pop there would be no squirrels left in my neighbourhood. Twisted Evil As much as I like Scarlet, in real life they sealed their fate after one chewed a hole in my garage's eve... twice.

4The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:23 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

well they were eating all my dads pecans from his pecan tree so he bought a gun and told me: "kill all dem sons of bitches. them my ficial instrucshuns" Razz he really just said "5 bucks per squirrel. Deal?"

5The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:02 am

26_9

Gray squirrels are gray death for the red ones. Keep shooting.

Well, I have .177 airsoft and I lost the bag of bullets for them. Not a big deal since I am not a hunter anyway.

6The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:02 am

rpx

The Beretta M93 modles . AKA the Robo cop Very Happy

7The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:12 am

scienceguy8

scienceguy8

I'm a target shooter, not a hunter. I like shooting at paper targets to see how accurately I can hit them. It was my 23rd birthday just a couple days ago and I received my first rifle: a Ruger 10/22. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, partially because I don't have a case or a cleaning kit, but mostly because the only place I can shoot is the property where my parents are building their new home and I can't get there on my own.

http://www.gilberti-industries.com/

8The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:55 am

KaZe

KaZe

scienceguy8 wrote:I'm a target shooter, not a hunter. I like shooting at paper targets to see how accurately I can hit them. It was my 23rd birthday just a couple days ago and I received my first rifle: a Ruger 10/22. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, partially because I don't have a case or a cleaning kit, but mostly because the only place I can shoot is the property where my parents are building their new home and I can't get there on my own.

Congrats on the new weapon. Hope you find a good place to use it safetly that's nearby. I do some target shooting myself and have yet to find a decent public range that's close to me. I own a HK-91 clone and unfortunately my nearest rifle range is very restrictive when it comes to large caliber semi-auto weapons so I pretty much avoid going to it. (You're only allowed one round in the mag at a time, among other things.) As such, once in a while I take a two hour road trip with some friends of mine to get to a private range where we don't have to deal with stupid rules and expensive range fees. It's pretty much in the middle-of-nowhere so we get too shoot what we want how we want. It's a awesome place, but being so far away makes it a rare occasion when we can get out there to shoot stuff. Sounds like we're in the same boat that way.

Also out of curiousity, before you got your own rifle what were you using?

9The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 am

Kaeto

Kaeto

I am a shooting enthusiast. I also hunt, but my hunting ethos is if I shoot it I eat it. And I shoot Black Powder guns as well as modern. And I also do Archery.
I currently own:
Rifles

1 Remington Model 700BDL Left Hand Bolt in .30-06
1 Enfield Number 4 Mk 2 in .303 British
1 Thompson Center Renegade Muzzle Loading Rifle in .54 caliber
1 Thompson Center Hawken Muzzle Loading Rifle in .50 caliber
1 IAB Sharps 1863 Cavalry Carbine in .54 caliber
1 Savage Autoloading rifle in .22
1 Remington Model 66 Autoloading Rifle in .22

Shotguns
1 Remington Model 11 Autoloading Shotgun in 12 gauge
1 Harrington and Richardson Topper Single Barrel Break Open Shotgun in 12 guage

Handguns
1 Webley Mk VI in .455
1 FEG PA-63 in 9mm Makarov
1 Charter Arms Undercover Southpaw in .38 special
1 Ruger Mk 2 Autoloading Pistol in .22
1 Heritage Rough Rider Single Action in .22
1 ASM Colt 1860 Army in .44 caliber
1 Pietta Colt 1860 Army in .44 caliber
1 Pietta Remington 1858 Army Target Model in .44 caliber
1 Pietta Colt 1862 Navy in .36 caliber
1 Unknown Manufacturer Colt 1851 Navy in .36 caliber with 7 1/2 inch barrel
2 Unknown Manufacturer Colt 1851 Navy in .36 caliber with 5 1/2 inch barrel

10The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Mr_____

The Gun Thread The_fun_has_been_doubled_by_cyb3rwaste-d4h5yxh
(I'm not sure if this counts as trolling. If it does, I'm sorry.)

11The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:46 pm

xj2379

xj2379

1) What kind do you like?

Do bows count? I hunt and prefer bow season to rifle season...

2) What have you shot?

-Assorted hunting rifles... .303s, 30-30s, etc.
-.223 long rifle
-Russian sks
-countless .22s
-Beretta handgun
-2.5in 12 gauge shotgun
-3in 12 guage shotgun
-.50 cal black powder rifle

3) What do you own?

Just my great grandpa's old .270 Remington Smile she shoots pretty nicely

4) If you could own any one kind of firearm, what would it be and why?

Lancer. It has a chainsaw. Very Happy

12The Gun Thread Empty Re: The Gun Thread Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:54 pm

indrejue

indrejue

yeah i have to say a bow and arrow are much more fun though i only do those on targets and practice ranges. there is just so much more skill and work involved with a bow and arrow over a gun. especially if you go with an old school wooden long bow made of yew or composite horn bow without all the fancy pulleys to increase draw strength. plus you can pretend to be robin hood with it and so many more fighting styles with a bow as well. you can use it almost like a full quarter staff when out of arrows. there is a whole art to melee fighting with a bow were as with a gun you attach a knife and stab.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum