Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For This Make Us Truly Thankful

+8
vevans0009
tomllama2
Aimereta
Redfern
stephanodude
Nebuchadnezzar
Leak
BenRG
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty For This Make Us Truly Thankful Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:53 am

BenRG

BenRG

For This Make Us Truly Thankful SA_0734_small

Everyone has something to be thankful for. Everyone.

It's just that some of us have more nerdy reasons to be thankful than others. So, kind fellows and lasses of the Forum, what are you thankful for this Turkey Genocide Day?

2For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:30 am

Leak

Leak

BenRG wrote:So, kind fellows and lasses of the Forum, what are you thankful for this Turkey Genocide Day?
Serious Sam III: BFE.

(Yeah, I ain't livin' in the turkey gobble zone either... Very Happy)

np: Sigur Rós - Ny Batteri (Inni Disc 1)

3For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:37 am

Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

I'm thankful for that last panel. Art's expression is hilarious lol!

4For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:46 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

this is 'merica!

5For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:25 am

Redfern

I think the phrase "Biible thumping" works better for Art's diatribe. "Bible bashing" implies the Pilgrims disapproved of the text while " Bible thumping" means they take every word written literally with no room for deviation.

Sincerely,

Bill

6For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:16 am

Aimereta

Aimereta

Haha, this strip made me giggle.

This year, I'll be thankful if the plane I'm on doesn't crash XD

http://www.freewebs.com/aimereta

7For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:45 pm

tomllama2

Redfern wrote:I think the phrase "Biible thumping" works better for Art's diatribe. "Bible bashing" implies the Pilgrims disapproved of the text while " Bible thumping" means they take every word written literally with no room for deviation.

Sincerely,

Bill

Actually it's common British slang for anyone who's likely to bash you over the head with a bible for blaspheming, or something like that. It doesn't mean they're bashing the bible in the sense that they're against it.

8For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:59 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

That's the spirit Art. Don't be so critical about it and just go with the flow. Laughing

9For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:20 am

Moonman

Moonman

Something gamers around the world all have in common: You America's bitch!

10For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:38 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

Moonman wrote:Something gamers around the world all have in common: You America's bitch!

I'm just glad the world's biggest consumer base speaks English (kinda).
God knows what's gonna happen when China takes over that role in the next couple of decades. I'll just have to hope Google Translate has been perfected by then, or I'll have to swith to purely visual narratives Very Happy

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

11For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:24 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

Unless they fix their problem with pollution and sweatshops. That won't happen in my lifetime. No offense China. Laughing

12For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:46 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

vevans0009 wrote:Unless they fix their problem with pollution and sweatshops. That won't happen in my lifetime. No offense China. Laughing

It's a shameful fact, but slavery and heavy industry are what all world powers are built upon.

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

13For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:19 am

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

jollyjack wrote:
Moonman wrote:Something gamers around the world all have in common: You America's bitch!

I'm just glad the world's biggest consumer base speaks English (kinda).
God knows what's gonna happen when China takes over that role in the next couple of decades. I'll just have to hope Google Translate has been perfected by then, or I'll have to swith to purely visual narratives Very Happy
I wouldn´t worry about that.
Granted, the red-chinese economy had an impressive run in the last decade but there are signs that its coming to a crashing halt very soon. Foreign investors think twice before going to China these day, may it be because of the rising salaries of the chinese workforce (they are not THAT cheap anymore...), the inexpressable lousy quality of the products in material and workmanship or the way their chinese business-"partners" screw them over (with the inofficial blessing of their gouverment) only to produce cheap knock-offs of their products. All this makes many investors leave China again without looking back twice. Then there is the gigantic housing bubble. You know that they have literally build entire ciies in the middle of nowhere for millions of inhabitants for speculative reasons only? Nobody lives there, but millions of the chinese middle class, which has emerged in the last years, have dumped all of their savings in apartments there which will be less than worthless as soon as the bubble bursts. You think the real estate crisises in the US and in Spain were ugly? You ain´t seen nothing yet!

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

14For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:00 am

Redfern

tomllama2 wrote:
Redfern wrote:I think the phrase "Biible thumping" works better for Art's diatribe. "Bible bashing" implies the Pilgrims disapproved of the text while " Bible thumping" means they take every word written literally with no room for deviation.

Sincerely,

Bill

Actually it's common British slang for anyone who's likely to bash you over the head with a bible for blaspheming, or something like that. It doesn't mean they're bashing the bible in the sense that they're against it.

Ah, my bad. I guess these are expressions that have opposite meanings depending upon which side of the Atlantic one lives.

I humbly concede.

Sincerely,

Bill

15For This Make Us Truly Thankful Empty Re: For This Make Us Truly Thankful Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:32 am

Nikolai

Nikolai

This made me Bust out Laughing. I Always wondered what the British Thought about Thanksgiving.

I also like Art's Explanation of Why should they Care about the "Colonials Finding a Turkey." lol

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum