Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proportion advice

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Proportion advice Empty Proportion advice Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Dreadstunlock

Hey guys,

ever since I found this website I have been using Jollyjack's Kat reference for proportions on how to draw...cute-ish female figures?

And I notice as I draw it seems that an easy way (at least for me) is to follow few tips:

If a character is standing straight (Female)

It's a good idea to draw the hands till they reach to the middle of the hip section on the leg.

Shoulder's should be somewhat close to how wide is the head.

And to draw upper and lower area of where the eyes are. (Like where the bottom of the eyes are going to be and make sure they are on the same level as the other eye.

So now my question is, are those tips wrong? or wrong-ish? Cause that's what I used for my Jonin-Kat fanart and it seems to be working? I just want to know if that's correct in some way?

2Proportion advice Empty Re: Proportion advice Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:40 am

noctrnlcry

If these tips work for you... Then they work for you.

Every artist works differently and has different tips/tricks that they pick up as they develop. There are basics for drawing, but there is no "correct" way... because everyone learns differently. What works for one person may not work for another, that's why you have to try to find what works for you. Your art will grow and develop as you do. Your artistic "style" will shift and change as you grow and by what you are influenced by. It may take trial and error many times, for many years. Great artist don't become great without putting in the work... and it is work, because if it was easy everyone would be a great professional artist. I have been drawing professionally for over twenty-something years and I'm still learning things every day. You just have to remember to never stop trying, learning, and drawing.

The ONE BIG TIP I can give you is DRAW! Whatever it is, just DRAW! Practice every day and just DRAW!

-NOC-

3Proportion advice Empty Re: Proportion advice Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:11 am

Dreadstunlock

Yeah, that's why I kind of think art is awesome, it's...so peculiar Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum