Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thoughts, Advice, Locations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Thoughts, Advice, Locations? on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:42 pm

Hey, I've been thinking of getting either an Intuos4 medium or a Cintiq 12WX. I'm used to the tablet-to-screen of the Bamboo, so I originally had in mind the Intuos, but I've heard great things about the Cintiq. Does anyone know any locations in the eastern U.S. where I could possibly test one out? Does anyone have advice or thoughts on the tablets? Have any problems with them?

View user profile

2 Re: Thoughts, Advice, Locations? on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 am

I heard that the Cintiq (Quote form Jolly Jack) Is something that pros should use. Its also very expensive. He suggested to me to stick with a Cheap tablet.

View user profile http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

3 Re: Thoughts, Advice, Locations? on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:22 pm

I definitely disagree, Feng Zhu who is one of the best Concept Artists in the Industry uses a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet, and he made a very clear point about Cintiq or Wacom, Wacom forces your head to be very straight with the spine, with a cintiq you are forced to look down and most of the users bend their spines and that's unhealthy.

Tablet or a Cintiq are not better or worse, it's up to the user.

View user profile

4 Re: Thoughts, Advice, Locations? on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Dreadstunlock wrote:I definitely disagree, Feng Zhu who is one of the best Concept Artists in the Industry uses a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet, and he made a very clear point about Cintiq or Wacom, Wacom forces your head to be very straight with the spine, with a cintiq you are forced to look down and most of the users bend their spines and that's unhealthy.

Both are by Wacom.

Nikolai wrote:I heard that the Cintiq (Quote form Jolly Jack) Is something that pros should use. Its also very expensive. He suggested to me to stick with a Cheap tablet.

I definitely would say I'm not a pro, but the point of the matter is not money, its whether or not there are any problems with the Cintiq. If it makes drawing easier, I will get one (I've been working to save up). It also seems that pretty soon on-screen drawing is going to over-run the normal tablet completely at some point, and I don't want to have to get one then.

Last edited by BeDaOrLiSeAr on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

5 Re: Thoughts, Advice, Locations? on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:58 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:
Dreadstunlock wrote:I definitely disagree, Feng Zhu who is one of the best Concept Artists in the Industry uses a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet, and he made a very clear point about Cintiq or Wacom, Wacom forces your head to be very straight with the spine, with a cintiq you are forced to look down and most of the users bend their spines and that's unhealthy.

Both are by Wacom.

Nikolai wrote:I heard that the Cintiq (Quote form Jolly Jack) Is something that pros should use. Its also very expensive. He suggested to me to stick with a Cheap tablet.

I definitely would say I'm a pro, but the point of the matter is not money, its whether or not there are any problems with the Cintiq. If it makes drawing easier, I will get one (I've been working to save up). It also seems that pretty soon on-screen drawing is going to over-run the normal tablet completely at some point, and I don't want to have to get one then.

Can you show me your best digital art you ever painted please?

View user profile

6 Re: Thoughts, Advice, Locations? on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Dreadstunlock wrote:
BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:

Both are by Wacom.

I definitely would say I'm a pro, but the point of the matter is not money, its whether or not there are any problems with the Cintiq. If it makes drawing easier, I will get one (I've been working to save up). It also seems that pretty soon on-screen drawing is going to over-run the normal tablet completely at some point, and I don't want to have to get one then.

Can you show me your best digital art you ever painted please?

Umm, I guess it would be one of my most recent drawings that I posted on my thread... Why?

View user profile

7 Re: Thoughts, Advice, Locations? on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:15 pm

I think he is questioning your overstatement saying "I definitely would say I'm a pro".
To be honest, (cruel Honesty) You are not a pro. Sorry to be so straight forward with that, but a pro would be on Jolly Jack's level or even Mr. Hide Patten.

View user profile http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

8 Re: Thoughts, Advice, Locations? on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Nikolai wrote:I think he is questioning your overstatement saying "I definitely would say I'm a pro".
To be honest, (cruel Honesty) You are not a pro. Sorry to be so straight forward with that, but a pro would be on Jolly Jack's level or even Mr. Hide Patten.
Oh crap! worst typo ever! So sorry!

fixed it
Shocked Laughing

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum