Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What shifts you smoothly?

+35
not_cenaris
Haventownsend
scienceguy8
Drunkenvalley
Inakan
Nikolai
Ganthan
Damien Darkside
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
p1x13st1ck
Zumbo Prime
Blacklite
rpx
Haskins
Frist
cammyjag
Rad
GoldenDragon
Trevon Fox
Winds
Xenathos
Leak
cenaris
5c4rl37
mariachidevil
Paranoid
xivk
MadxHatter123
Pandora
26_9
Smelge
Lazarus Firenze
Zaran
Pietja
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 15]

151What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Spending 5 days with Dante for the Valentine's Day weekend. No man I've ever been with has devoted that much time for me for Valentine's day. He picked me up two days before the 14th, took me to a movie, then back to his house for some fun. We didn't come back to my house until two days after, then we went shopping in our favorite city and went to a friend's birthday dinner.

Usually when I'm dating someone and V-day rolls around, we meet up for the evening, have dinner or watch a movie and call it a night. Dante really spoiled me. Smile

152What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Leak

Leak

What shifts me smoothly? Getting the new Autechre album as a lossless download and 320kbps MP3s on release day (i.e. today) and on CD some time later for the price of the CD... *drool*

np: Autechre - known(1) (Oversteps)
(Proof that they can make something quite melodic yet insanely squelchy if they want to...)

153What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:33 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Shifting me smoothly. A sale on Prismacolor products at the local art shop. I got 7 new pens and 11 new markers for about $30. Normally, it would have been over $100.

154What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:39 am

Frist

Frist

Shifting me smoothly. Getting two super poseable figurines from my favorite anime to date.

Even better, setting the first one up in battle stance next to my old Megazord. *nerdgasm*

155What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:41 am

Pietja

I've just had the most bizzare experience in my whole life.

I visited my friend who is in hospital after scoring a dangerous skiing accident. Both legs broken - his luck and skill, I guess. Nevertheless, I was strolling back through Warsaw Old Town, taking pictures till battery died and visited a random bar. I've ordered whiskey and noticed a peculiar girl sitting in a corner, sipping a coffe. You know a feeling when you look at somebody and feel that this person is somewhat special? Well, I felt that when I looked at her. There was something odd, but I couldn't tell what. So I stared. Girl was of an average highschool beauty, a sort of emo'ish-alternative in terms of clothing & overall fashion. But her facial features was somewhat... manly. To use a comparsion - she had a face simmilar to that acteress that plays Robin on "How I've Met Your Mother". Big earphones on ears, absent look in her eyes... I just had to start a conversation and ask a question that was rolling through my mind.
So, I've ordered annother glass of scotch and sat down in front of her. She looked at me but gave no sound. I said "hi". Silent "hi" replied. I've noticed an odd voice tone, somewhat forced. I leaned closer and whispered a question :

"If this question will offend you, you have my permission to slap me as hard as you can, but I have to ask this - are you a guy by any chance?"

Total silence. After a few seconds she stood up and went out. I though "what the hell I've just said, what da fuk is wrong with me?" and rushed after her to appologize. I caught her outside and started apologizing. She listened calmly and then, out of the blue she said :

"Yes, I'm a guy"

Well, waffels. I wish I'd see my face in that moment. And while I was standing there baffled - SMACK - he sent me a nice leaf in the face. Short blackout and I still stood there with a face that I'd simply love to see. I started saying rubbish, mumbling and stuff while he was standing there with a smile.

"I'm free tommorow" - she said - "You want my number?"

Now, imagine a guy with a hand on his face looking at an awesomely cute (what am I saying, GOD?!?) crossdresser that is higher than him after hearing that kind of offer said in a normal, although still high-pitched (for a guy, that is) voice.

Yeah, I took his number. Shocked

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

156What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Paranoid

Paranoid

Well that story was enlightening.

157What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:19 am

Pandora

Pandora

Shifting me smoothly. Dante keeping his arm around me all night and squeezing me close to him whenever I turn over.

158What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:10 am

Pietja

Outcomes of the bizzare rencontre...

... though I'd consider if this is the good topic to say that.

Aside that, I've got myself a new PC after being stuck to suckarse laptop for about two years. Xblox 360 goes for sale because it's basicly trash in my eyes now.

Free Street Fighter IV online play on PC?

Paid Xbox Live Gold SFIV online play on Xbox 360?

Modding Fallout 3 to make it better on PC?

Leaving Fallout 3 to suck forever on Xbox 360?

The choice is too obvious.

159What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Seeing the new Alice in Wonderland this Thursday with a big group for a friend's Birthday.

160What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Leak

Leak

Seeing Alice in Wonderland tomorrow is nice was kinda meh... :/

But really shifting me smoothly right now is this whopping over 12 hour long webcast (playlist) Autechre did the day before yesterday... *drool*

np: Autechre - Autechre.ws Webcast (02.03.2010)

Last edited by Leak on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

161What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:28 pm

26_9

Since the last summer,I don't playing videogames ... exept such ones,like "Submachine" (by Mateus Scutnik)but now, I am dreaming myself in Oahu,on a highway,in a Saleen 281 (Test Drive Unlimited).

-----------

Yesterday I mount an Ubuntu on my laptop.
Now I am seeking for add-on packs for it.

-----------

Also,I have found,that I have written 210 pages in my note book (book,not laptop)

-----------

I %0un8 a|1 "u|1834940un8" ca5in0 ... and ca2238 po2ice .

162What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Haskins

Haskins

Sitting on my patio with a good book and a bottle of coke.

163What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Paranoid

Paranoid

Haskins wrote:Sitting on my patio with a good book and a bottle of coke.

Agree.

At the moment though. Plastic Beach. The new Gorillaz album.

164What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Knowing that I have both my sister and my dad to back me up on the inevitable shitstorm that is coming when my mom gets home...

165What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:43 am

Pietja

This webcomic :

www.sandraandwoo.com

I've just discovered it, but I'm hooked up on it. I love the smooth, slick artwork and well-done characters.

166What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:50 am

cenaris

cenaris

Pietja wrote:This webcomic :

www.sandraandwoo.com

I've just discovered it, but I'm hooked up on it. I love the smooth, slick artwork and well-done characters.

Another Woo fan... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Very Happy

167What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:52 am

Leak

Leak

cenaris wrote:
Pietja wrote:This webcomic :

www.sandraandwoo.com

Another Woo fan... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Very Happy

Why hello there... Very Happy

(Seriously - who ISN'T reading that strip? Wink)

np: The Seasons - Picto (Undone)

168What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Pandora

Pandora

*raises hand* I'm not. Couldn't get into it. Aaaaanyway...

Shifting me smoothley is getting into the actor's conservatory training program.

169What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:28 am

rpx

Corned Beef Sandwiches made right.

170What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Pietja

cenaris wrote:Another Woo fan... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Very Happy

Fan is a strong word, just like love. I don't use it too often (the latter - almost never).
I like it. It's intelligent, witty and it has a polite type of humour in the spirit of Calvin & Hobbes wich were obvious inspiration for this strip. And it's not getting boring like some (Yep, even Sequential Art, Quinten Arc as an example) webstrips. And - I hate to use that word, but I'll have to - it's cute. Honestly, Woo & Sandra are just impossible for me to not be liked.
For the minuses I have to count the socio-political involvment. The Burma aka. The Union Of Myanmar case. I know, it's noble, heck - for some it's trendy, but I hate seeing that stuff in a strip that is mainly focused on being a lighthearted comedy. To put it plainly - spare me this shit.

But, that's about it.

Also, this one is hillarious and often - very true :

http://eqcomics.com/ - Edmund Finney's Quest to Find the Meaning of Life

And honestly - this is my favourite webcomic. It has all that I expect from a e-strip. No boredom, spot-on commentaries on various things in life, top-grade humour and fitting artwork.

171What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Feeling satisfied that I've learned "Worst Pies in London" for part of an audition, and feeling even better knowing I'm well on my way with my lines for a show. Lastly, getting paid $100 to tech yet another show.

AND...
I literally woke up and had my job back this morning. I was sleeping, and someone called me. It was my previous job, the one I got laid off from, they said they wanted to re-hire me, and asked if I could come in today. I agreed, and now I have my job back. WOOHOO!

172What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:49 am

Pietja

My own vacation plans are promising.

When I was sixteen I went on solo hitchhiking trip around my country and when Schengen agreement included Poland into itself, I wanted to go on a hitchhiking eurotrip. But I've decided now.

One of my friends want to tag along, but I worked on this once and I'll say that solo trips are the best. Maybe not the safest ones, but one knows his strengths and limits while during pair travelling one has to rely on second person wich is troublesome.

So, when May will come, I'll start planning my course. It's too bad that Serbia is beyond EU and thus Schengen zone because I'd love to visit it. And it'll be kind of tricky to get to Greece as it's surrounded by non-schengen countries.

But, I have my hopes high for now.

173What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:26 am

26_9

Last edited by 26_994 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total

174What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Pietja

I've just watched (for the eight time) "Leon The Professional" on TV. Damn shame that it was the censored cinematic version wich is also strange, because the same station broadcasted it in full few years ago. The movie looses a lot because of the stupid cuts.
But, nevertheless, it's one of my all-time-favourite flicks and quite possibly the only one I like that was also known to mainstream audience.
Jean Reno & Nat Portman were never better, same goes for Gary Oldman who play's a guy that I'd never like to mess with. Story is simple, yet brilliant at the same time, the directing of Besson is a masterpiece. The death of Leon, the massacre of Matilda's family, the shootout with the spec ops team, the bathroom scene with Matilda and the corrupted DEA officer - that is what I call a cinema.

I would recommend it, the full version only, but I assume that most of you've seen it. For those who didn't - either you're too young or living in a rainforest, but still - you have to see this masterpiece.

What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 9529361_gal

Very Happy

175What shifts you smoothly? - Page 7 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 am

Blacklite

Blacklite

Getting copy of BFBC2,
Working on commission that paids. XD
Found a amazing band named Solution .45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8cHX1wPKss&feature=related One of their best songs. XD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum