Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask Jolly Jack!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

951 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:10 am

well on the inquisitive nature of my brain, how much does a Jolly Jack commission run? Or perhaps an area I can be directed to so I may find out for myself?

Because honestly I feel it might be worth a high cost for some personalized JJ art.

Last edited by TheGreatHibiki on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

952 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:16 am

Just completed a 10 page commission.
I have 3 more outstanding commissions to finish.
5 more pages fo do on the Alaska Rhodes comic.
14 more pages to do on a lovecraftian horror comic.
20 more pages to do on little victory.
I have to prepare my custom christmas cards for this year.
1 birthday card to draw.
40 illustrations are required for my pulp adventure novella.
And I need to draw this week's Sequential Art strips.

No....not busy at all.....

Very Happy

Now I feel bad to complain about my homework affraid
You're the first person I know heard of that draws birthday/christmas cards. I'm sure the other person will appreciate it very much Smile

Although I wonder how the cards you draw look like. Having seen your drawings on DA/sketchbooks, I'm guessing it'll have some amazing Sequential? art on the cover.

Also, the author of 4 comic strips and a web novel? Hats off to you man, take care of your health >.<

View user profile

953 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:10 am

TheGreatHibiki wrote:well on the inquisitive nature of my brain, how much does a Jolly Jack commission run? Or perhaps an area I can be directed to so I may find out for myself?

Because honestly I feel it might be worth a high cost for some personalized JJ art.

Average pin-up, lineart only, tallies in at £30GBP.
Price may vary depending on detail.
DON'T ask for one right now, though. I'm not takeing any extra work on.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

954 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:28 am

jollyjack wrote:
TheGreatHibiki wrote:well on the inquisitive nature of my brain, how much does a Jolly Jack commission run? Or perhaps an area I can be directed to so I may find out for myself?

Jack, how do you make money then? You seem to sell stuff like for 1£, I mean...what do you do? I doubt you have a like a casual job? I assume that you are fully living off your concept art right?

View user profile

955 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:05 pm

jollyjack wrote:

I would say those prices are very reasonable compared to others. However you don't state exactly what content equates to what. I know you say price varies based on content, but other commissioners tate how much a piece costs if it has more than one character, if it's colour, a sequence or if it's got adult content.

How about posting up a commission board on DA or something? Just say when it's closed off or whatever. I'm sure more advertising will mean more coin for you, which is never a bad thing.

View user profile

956 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:29 pm

jollyjack wrote:

Not a problem kind sir. I merely thank you for said information and now begin to plot as I

A: have to figure out how much 30GBP is in USD (If that's worth anything anymore the bleeping government hacks (EDIT: oh around fifty bucks or so. Yeah that's reasonable.) and then

B: What the heck would I ask for? So many things...

ANYWAY: So all that said, thanks Jack. I'll keep an eye out for when your not incredibly busy and then probably figure out question B.

View user profile

957 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Mr.Jackson, could you elaborate why you are angered that your community likes the hamster?

View user profile

958 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:20 am

Dreadstunlock wrote:Mr.Jackson, could you elaborate why you are angered that your community likes the hamster?

Cuz I wanted a cool avatar! Very Happy

Like a ninja or something.....that rides a shark......while on fire.

959 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:17 am

jollyjack wrote:
Dreadstunlock wrote:Mr.Jackson, could you elaborate why you are angered that your community likes the hamster?

But wouldn't a ninja hamster riding a shark on fire would be awesome? Or better yet, a flaming ninja hamster riding in the bosom of a wet semi naked amazonian on a shark on a FIGHTER JET would be absolutely brilliant.

Maybe we could loose the shark. and the jet. Yeah the hamster could go too.

Okay i just want the wet semi naked amazon.

View user profile

960 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:33 am

jollyjack wrote:

Don't be silly Jack, who doesn't like a perverted hamster that has a robot that can generate 1000,000 views in minutes with her body, and carry you on her boobs? Silly...silly person to think such silly things Razz alien

View user profile

961 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:34 am

Questions on your ebook stuff.

Is paypal still supporting your sales anymore? I've heard they don't now.

I Read you were pondering a "little book of Chloe". Would that be ebook?

And finally if I decided to do my own little Chloe comic, what would you think of that? Cuz I feel like just doing one out of curiosity.

View user profile

962 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:03 am

cenaris wrote:Questions on your ebook stuff.

And finally if I decided to do my own little Chloe comic, what would you think of that? Cuz I feel like just doing one out of curiosity.

I use paypal for some content, but I can't for other stuff.

If I did compile all the Chloe Art, it'd be hardcopy only.

Fan-comics of any of my characters are always welcome, but it's unlikely they will be considered canon.

963 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:27 am

jollyjack wrote:
cenaris wrote:Questions on your ebook stuff.

I use paypal for some content, but I can't for other stuff.

If I did compile all the Chloe Art, it'd be hardcopy only.

Fan-comics of any of my characters are always welcome, but it's unlikely they will be considered canon.

I'm sure I could write up something wholesome and fun for her to get tangled up in.

View user profile

964 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

Somehow the words wholesome, fun, and tangled mixed with Chloe just doesn't sound innocent in the least.

I would admit a Chloe comic book with say a few comics to put around the many Chloe art would be a buy for me. As would more SA books.

View user profile

965 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:51 am

TheGreatHibiki wrote:Somehow the words wholesome, fun, and tangled mixed with Chloe just doesn't sound innocent in the least.

Don't worry. I've got too much respect for Jack to whore out his characters above anything PG13.

View user profile

966 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:24 am

cenaris wrote:

Don't worry. I've got too much respect for Jack to whore out his characters above anything PG13.

Chloe only PG13? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

View user profile

967 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:42 pm

KaZe wrote:
cenaris wrote:

Chloe only PG13? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Jack tried a Chloe comic a few years back. It was certainly not smut material

View user profile

968 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:11 am

cenaris wrote:

Ah, I was introduced to her a bit differently then.. Wink

View user profile

969 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:17 am

KaZe wrote:
cenaris wrote:

Ah, I was introduced to her a bit differently then.. Wink
No she was originally pinup stuff but she also got a minicomic

View user profile

970 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 pm

1) How did Chole meet Sky?

2)What characters are you looking forward to the most in the new Batman Arkhman City? And who are looking forward to punching in the face the most? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1ZF5cNYCs

3) And what is the name of this character? http://jollyjack.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=riddle#/dxly69

View user profile

971 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Quick one, JJ, do your anthro characters usually have 4 or 5 toes? For future reference, because I've seen it fluctuate, particularly with Chloe, love her to death.

Exhibit A:

Subject B:

View user profile

972 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:23 am

I'm not sure if you've been asked this. But are you planning a How to Play of Minecraft? I know I'd love to see that. Very Happy

View user profile

973 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 am

rpx wrote:1) How did Chole meet Sky?

2)What characters are you looking forward to the most in the new Batman Arkhman City? And who are looking forward to punching in the face the most? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1ZF5cNYCs

3) And what is the name of this character? http://jollyjack.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=riddle#/dxly69

1 - Probably when Sky was looking for private funding. Not written that story in detail, yet.

2 - In all honesty; I've not given Arkham City that much thought. There are other games on the horizon that look more interesting.

3 - She's just a Sphinx. Random. No name.

Frist wrote:Quick one, JJ, do your anthro characters usually have 4 or 5 toes? For future reference, because I've seen it fluctuate, particularly with Chloe, love her to death.

She has 5 toes. I just get sloppy sometimes.

The Doctor wrote:I'm not sure if you've been asked this. But are you planning a How to Play of Minecraft? I know I'd love to see that. Very Happy

Yes, there will be a HTP of Minecraft....just as soon as they finish making it!

974 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:36 am

On the subject of Chloe, how well is she known in her fictional world? Does she make TV appearances? Does she set up charities? Is she known as a man eater judging on her hornyness? Or is she a potential Howard Hughs recluse with delusions of grandeur who gets increasingly paranoid about the outside world?

View user profile

975 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:44 am

cenaris wrote:On the subject of Chloe, how well is she known in her fictional world? Does she make TV appearances? Does she set up charities? Is she known as a man eater judging on her hornyness? Or is she a potential Howard Hughs recluse with delusions of grandeur who gets increasingly paranoid about the outside world?

Chloe is the CEO of Sinclaire Global, a massive Computer and Technology Multinational.
Fame level is that of Bill Gates: Most know the name, but few know anything about the individual beyond their business reputation.
So; Chloe is known as a financial whizz rather than a boarderline (maybe total) nymphomaniac.

976 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Today at 10:13 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum