Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kinder Eggs

+12
swordy537
arthurnonimus
indrejue
OrlahEhontas
VM893
vevans0009
Conchobhar
DarkAngel
SPRoss
BenRG
Zidneya
EmfinnFZ
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kinder Eggs Empty Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:59 am

EmfinnFZ

Kinder Eggs SA_0883_small
The Foursome are American! It explains so much...

http://cityofsteam.com/

2Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Zidneya

Zidneya

Well what are you gonna do, so who wants to go for a cheeseburger?

What is it Scarlet? I can't hear you speak louder.

http://zidneya.deviantart.com

3Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:06 pm

BenRG

BenRG

You're not imagining things, Art. Ever since those filthy asset-strippers from Kraft took over Cadbury's, the portions have been growing smaller and the prices increasing. If anyone flying a Predator drone wants to drop an LGB on Kraft's boardroom in the middle of a meeting, the chocolate-lovers of Britain will bless you!  Mad 

4Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:16 pm

SPRoss

SPRoss

A child's toy inside a plastic capsule with a pop-off lid hidden inside a chocolate egg. Funny, I always thought Scarlet DESIGNED the thing. Razz 

5Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:22 pm

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Next arc, The Quad vs THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8y6nJIOySA

Scarlet: "Egg man too scary! I don't wanna!"

6Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:38 pm

Conchobhar

Conchobhar

Yeah... Just stand there and watch her choke, why don't ya. ô_ô

http://www.jellyboygame.com

7Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:47 pm

vevans0009

vevans0009

"GASP" Scarlet!!!! Shocked Art, you jerk. Help her!

8Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:52 pm

SPRoss

SPRoss

Art giving Scarlet the Heimlich maneuver. Imagine what Pip could do with THAT picture.

9Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:56 pm

VM893

VM893

EmfinnFZ wrote:Kinder Eggs SA_0883_small

wait...ever year? I hate to be a Grammar Nazi, but I think JJ missed a letter there.

10Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:34 pm

OrlahEhontas

OrlahEhontas

And pray tell, how did you determine that? Nowhere in the strip is there any evidence of a wrapper on Scarlett's egg. Only in Art's left hand in panels 1 & 2 is there anything resembling a wrapper. Without the wrapper, I wouldn't know that it was a Kinder Egg either. Not that I've ever seen one in the first place, but a chocolate egg is a chocolate egg is a chocolate egg is a ... Unless the Kinder egg itself is stamped with a label, it's just another chocolate egg among millions of chocolate eggs. And a chocolate egg exists for one purpose, and only one purpose... CONSUMPTION!  Very Happy 

11Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 pm

indrejue

indrejue

OrlahEhontas wrote:
And pray tell, how did you determine that? Nowhere in the strip is there any evidence of a wrapper on Scarlett's egg. Only in Art's left hand in panels 1 & 2 is there anything resembling a wrapper. Without the wrapper, I wouldn't know that it was a Kinder Egg either. Not that I've ever seen one in the first place, but a chocolate egg is a chocolate egg is a chocolate egg is a ... Unless the Kinder egg itself is stamped with a label, it's just another chocolate egg among millions of chocolate eggs. And a chocolate egg exists for one purpose, and only one purpose... CONSUMPTION!  Very Happy 

i so agree with you ryoga. i live in the states but i do know what a kinder egg is thanks to the internet everyone has at least heard of it in some way or form. without identification though sometimes you can not tell the real thing from a copy

12Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:31 pm

arthurnonimus

Thought that Scarlet learnt not to do what the guys do with Choc eggs. Smashing eggs on the forehead and now swalloning whole - will you never learn, scarlet!

13Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:50 am

VM893

VM893

I think recall some family friends who were Polish that invited us for Easter and they had kinder eggs. wonder how they were able to get those if they're banned in the U.S? maybe they smuggled them in from Canada....along with possible cheap meds (hahaha).

14Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:25 am

swordy537

swordy537

Anyone care to explain why there's an in-depth discussion about kinder eggs going on here?

15Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:38 am

arthurnonimus

VM893 wrote:I think recall some family friends who were Polish that invited us for Easter and they had kinder eggs. wonder how they were able to get those if they're banned in the U.S? maybe they smuggled them in from Canada....along with possible cheap meds (hahaha).

What the hell, banned?!?

16Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:33 am

EmfinnFZ

OrlahEhontas wrote:
EmfinnFZ wrote:
And pray tell, how did you determine that?

Well, there has to be some reason they're prohibited in the States, whether it be careless consumption of Kinder Eggs, or random consumption of random found unwrapped and unlabelled chocolate...

http://cityofsteam.com/

17Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 am

SPRoss

SPRoss

OrlahEhontas wrote:

Kinder Eggs are hollow and rattle slightly when shaken.

18Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:42 am

SPRoss

SPRoss

arthurnonimus wrote:
VM893 wrote:I think recall some family friends who were Polish that invited us for Easter and they had kinder eggs. wonder how they were able to get those if they're banned in the U.S? maybe they smuggled them in from Canada....along with possible cheap meds (hahaha).

What the hell, banned?!?

Yes, apparently authorities in the US took offense to the idea of marketing a choking hazard to children, go figure. Oddly, Kinder Eggs had been available for years beforehand, so read what you will into that.

19Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:09 am

swordy537

swordy537

SPRoss wrote:
arthurnonimus wrote:

What the hell, banned?!?

Yes, apparently authorities in the US took offense to the idea of marketing a choking hazard to children, go figure. Oddly, Kinder Eggs had been available for years beforehand, so read what you will into that.

The only thing offensive about kinder eggs is the amount of time and precision it takes to assemble the toys inside them.

20Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Zero the Dragon King

You'd think they'd be okay as they come with a label that says "Warning: Contains small objects that may present a choking hazard.":/

21Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:09 pm

VM893

VM893

DragonKingZero wrote:You'd think they'd be okay as they come with a label that says "Warning: Contains small objects that may present a choking hazard.":/

yeah, you'd think the would.

22Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:52 pm

OrlahEhontas

OrlahEhontas

SPRoss wrote:
arthurnonimus wrote:

What the hell, banned?!?

Actually, no they hadn't. The Kinder Surprise originated in 1973 in Italy. The US FDA law prohibiting the import and consumption of that type of treat was enacted in 1938. A difference of some 35 years that the US FDA has been protecting the American public from “the sale of any candy that has embedded in it a toy or trinket”, even before the candy was invented. Granted, the fine of $2500 USD per egg seems a tad excessive.... pirat 

23Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:04 pm

arthurnonimus

OrlahEhontas wrote:US FDA has been protecting the American public from “the sale of any candy that has embedded in it a toy or trinket”,

Amazing how the US needs 'protecting' from something the rest of the world is fine with. Could say more but I think that says enough Wink 

24Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:01 pm

BadShot

BadShot

arthurnonimus wrote:
OrlahEhontas wrote:US FDA has been protecting the American public from “the sale of any candy that has embedded in it a toy or trinket”,

Amazing how the US needs 'protecting' from something the rest of the world is fine with. Could say more but I think that says enough Wink 

Because if it's food we eat it.

However they seem to look down on eating others.

25Kinder Eggs Empty Re: Kinder Eggs Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:28 am

BenRG

BenRG

arthurnonimus wrote:

Yeah, given the lumps of processed saturated fat and sugar that classifies as an American 'diet', you have to wonder if the FDA needs to start a bit closer to home! Some American breakfast cereals and processed meals would be classified as chemical weapons in Europe!

Full Disclosure: I, personally, don't like the taste of Kinder eggs, even when the toy is removed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next