Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Musical Instruments?

+17
Worgendonor
drewajv
GoldenDragon
Winds
Zaran
Rad
Maple_Fish
26_9
Ellis
flashmasta
Lazarus Firenze
Pietja
xombie
5c4rl37
Pandora
Smelge
Paranoid
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Winds

Winds

Haha,
Flute metal! Very Happy

27Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:14 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Well, neither of you are listening anyway, you're just making assumptions, so why should I have to justify myself to you?

And no, Pietja, not truth. Opinion. You're kind of full of yourself, y'know that? I'm actually pretty damn tired of it.

I'm not going to make an effort to hide how I feel. I think that's dumb. If it bugs you guys so much, you could, I don't know, ask me what's wrong? Nobody's bothered to do that. If you don't care, then I'll just take a break for a while.

And you'd get a stale taste in your mouth for something if you had to put up with constant joking and people not taking you seriously for 8 fucking years.

28Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Winds

Winds

Having an aggressive and repulsive attitude that seems to ask for strife whenever you post does not garner my sympathy nor my interest as to whats causing it. If you'd been a little more passive and little less on edge when conveying your thoughts and mentioning that something was wrong, you may have gotten me to question your woes.

It also doesn't help that this is a thread about Musical Instruments and not personal problems.

And true, it would wear on me. I'd get tired of the joke, however, not the instrument I played.

What do you play, Piet?

29Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:02 pm

GoldenDragon

For an instrument i'd like to try to learn how to play the guitar tbh.

30Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:15 am

Winds

Winds

GoldenDragon wrote:For an instrument i'd like to try to learn how to play the guitar tbh.
My suggestion would be to just pick one up.
I've been teaching myself for a year or two now.

31Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Paranoid

Paranoid

Winds wrote:
GoldenDragon wrote:For an instrument i'd like to try to learn how to play the guitar tbh.
My suggestion would be to just pick one up.
I've been teaching myself for a year or two now.

I would say that you probably need a mentor or teacher if you want to learn improv though.

32Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:07 am

Heh, got myself an electric guitar for christmas (my first instrument ever)
Other else I'm somewhat capable on bass guitar and drums which I've played in school, but if you concider vocals as a instrument, I've been singing for six years in a choir.

33Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:51 am

Paranoid

Paranoid

Of course vocals count as an instrument! Very Happy

34Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:46 am

Yay! xD

35Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:38 am

Rad

Rad

Hey Pandora, try being a tuba player?

"What do you play? [imitates bad polka] Oompah oompah?"

No... We play nice music. Not off-kilter badly sung shhtuff!
We have fun, we do cool things like have Tuba Christmas, Tuba battles (as nerdy as that sounds) at Marching Contests (mainly at the collegiate level) and we dance with our sousaphones. That's more than you can do with a mallet, a trigger, and a reed.

But what does everyone still think of when you hear tuba?
Fat Nerds. Old Men. Generally lame stereotypes. Sure the American Pie joke is pretty offensive, but other instruments are unattractive and...

Tubas are expensive... :c

36Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46 am

Winds

Winds

A fellow Tuba player?
Right on. I only played in my school band, but the instructor said I was definite one of the best he had...take that as you will ._.

37Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:45 am

drewajv

Piano
Banjo
Clarinet
I messed around with a Recorder for a bit.
Whistling, a lot of it.

38Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:20 am

Worgendonor

Worgendonor

Smelge wrote:Guitar. Badly.

39Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:18 am

yellowrock

yellowrock

never been formally taught, but i like to think i can sing well. im working on learning the song "rocky road to dublin", which is an incredibly hard to sing irish folk song.

i got the first verse down though. :D

40Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Felonious Exalt

Felonious Exalt

I play the Violin, though not as well as I would like.

41Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Youchip

Youchip

I used to play a few different instruments
at some point i realized id rather be the physical embodiment of music and took up dancing Razz

42Musical Instruments? - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Instruments? Wed May 11, 2011 3:53 am

bigro

bigro

nose flute Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum