Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time Machine

+39
DarkAngel
indrejue
Zero the Dragon King
DavidGreen
norman728
Silvador
The Old Wolf
Riikano-Alinaris
sir-talen
Doctursea
allaun
Anasazi
EmfinnFZ
shadowdarkk
Moonman
Bunyip
Rincewind
thalandor46
RenaTamer
Hells-Reaver
TheGreatHibiki
campfirestring
Thunderpants
GdoubleWB
Man_of_foul_Tofu
Xudmud
Crilltic
BenRG
cloewen
Cayenne
Nebuchadnezzar
vevans0009
wolfman-al
HSishi
SPRoss
Vordreller
extraintelligence
zipperipper
cenaris
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:45 pm

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Ah HAH!!! I have longed for this day!

Beware Hilary. Your life, your sanity, perhaps your very existance is now in HER hands.

Go forth, Scarlet you adorable "Inadvertent Instrument of Divine Retribution" you!

52Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:18 pm

indrejue

indrejue

$10 says that if kat finds out first she will wipe Hillary out of existence.

53Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:20 am

Nighthawke

Nighthawke

I'm wagering it'll look like an armillary sphere where Pip would step out into the middle of it and levitate while the girls work to zap him back in time.

But, considering how much overkill the girls put into their devices, he'll wind up 10,000 years in the past, yikes!

Maybe he'll run into those cute cave girls of the bear clan...

54Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:01 am

BenRG

BenRG

norman728 wrote:Makes me wonder is this "trip" will create the monster we Love to hate. or make Kat the evil one and they have to fix it as one Evil dies another will have to fill it.

That's a good resolution to the grandfather paradox issue - literally whatever Pip does, he actually assures this outcome. Maybe, as he doesn't have the full story, he accidentally triggers Hillary's rivalry with Kit in a misguided attempt to make her a better person.

55Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:20 am

EmfinnFZ

BenRG wrote: he accidentally triggers Hillary's rivalry with Kit in a misguided attempt to make her a better person.

Pip gives Itty-bitty-Hillary the pink pony lunchbox, while the Squirelly Nutz Gang supply Kat's?

http://cityofsteam.com/

56Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:45 pm

norman728

Pip's face just sez......Wait What?!

57Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Xudmud

Xudmud

I would say either Pip creates the monster or he hides a camera in Hillary's bedroom. Or both.

58Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:40 am

BrazenCoward

Everyone kills Hitler on their first trip.

59Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:12 am

Nighthawke

Nighthawke

BrazenCoward wrote:Everyone kills Hitler on their first trip.

Um, don't.

Reasons, Hitler was insane, but in all actuality a puppet being handled by his governing body, particularly Goebbels and Himmler. You erase both of those jokers and you'll get the equivalent of the old Prussian empire before WWI; a headless giant.

BUT if you insist, go back to 20 July, 1944 and ensure that Von Stauffenberg's briefcase does not get kicked under the table.

Then if Hitler does get erased, the world would have to deal with either Himmler, Gobbels, or worst case, Rommel.

Worst case, think of a Germany ran by Rommel....

Best case, leave the nutcase where he can do the most harm and wipe out his cronies.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/archive/index.php/t-447487.html

60Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:59 pm

Riikano-Alinaris

Just bomb them all?

61Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:45 pm

naturerocs

zipperipper wrote:The grandfather paradox is just an idea that screws with time and space, it makes far more sense if you think of time as an extra dimension, that gives it an infinite number of possibilities, and therefore, an infinite number of different timelines to split into from any point. This is relevant because if he goes back in time and un-fucks Hilary he'll just split the timeline. The side effect of this is that he won't return to a future he left, resulting in another version of himself. It wouldn't change the past for the pip time traveling but it would for the new timeline's pip.

This is also a fun concept because you can constantly change the future and bring the new versions of yourself into a different timeline and make INFINITE PIPS! Very Happy
Or what could be a dream for Art, Infinite Kats!

Or if you want to think of time as more linear, traveling into the past may cause the future instead of change it, somehow.
I love time travel and all the different ideas, shame we may never be able to do it like in Sci-Fi, but it's probably for the best.

Basically, time is sort of like this big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

(I'm sorry, I just had to say that. Smile )

62Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:25 pm

BrazenCoward

Nighthawke wrote:
BrazenCoward wrote:Everyone kills Hitler on their first trip.

Um, don't.

Reasons, Hitler was insane, but in all actuality a puppet being handled by his governing body, particularly Goebbels and Himmler. You erase both of those jokers and you'll get the equivalent of the old Prussian empire before WWI; a headless giant.

BUT if you insist, go back to 20 July, 1944 and ensure that Von Stauffenberg's briefcase does not get kicked under the table.

Then if Hitler does get erased, the world would have to deal with either Himmler, Gobbels, or worst case, Rommel.

Worst case, think of a Germany ran by Rommel....

Best case, leave the nutcase where he can do the most harm and wipe out his cronies.

There's a joke here but I can't link to it since I'm a n00b. Google "Wikihistory Desmond Warzel".

63Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Hells-Reaver

Hells-Reaver

*face palm* I can see Kat doing something in the past that would totally fuck up the future...

64Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Bunyip

Worse case scenario....Hilary gets a hold of the time machine.

65Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:20 am

BenRG

BenRG

@ Bunyip,

No the "worst-case scenario" is if the time machine works. Pip is smart enough to realise that a working time machine is a doomsday device in its own right, no matter who uses it.

66Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Bunyip

@ BenRG...

I get what you mean...Pip Art and Kat are smart enough to not use a working time machine.
But given the lengths Hillary goes to control and manipulate people if she got ahold of it she would happily destroy all of reality if she thought she could gain from it.

A working time machine is a doomsady device....but someone willing to use it would be worse.

67Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:25 pm

indrejue

indrejue

i think for the purpose of research time machine would be great would finally uncover all the great mysteries of the past. The hard part though is making sure everyone is responsible when they use it and does not try to do anything that would alter history. that is why it is so fatally dangerous.

68Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Riikano-Alinaris

You resumed half science-fiction.

69Time Machine - Page 3 Empty Re: Time Machine Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:47 am

prodigyduck

It's a flux capaciter! I love it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum