Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time Machine

+39
DarkAngel
indrejue
Zero the Dragon King
DavidGreen
norman728
Silvador
The Old Wolf
Riikano-Alinaris
sir-talen
Doctursea
allaun
Anasazi
EmfinnFZ
shadowdarkk
Moonman
Bunyip
Rincewind
thalandor46
RenaTamer
Hells-Reaver
TheGreatHibiki
campfirestring
Thunderpants
GdoubleWB
Man_of_foul_Tofu
Xudmud
Crilltic
BenRG
cloewen
Cayenne
Nebuchadnezzar
vevans0009
wolfman-al
HSishi
SPRoss
Vordreller
extraintelligence
zipperipper
cenaris
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:24 pm

thalandor46

SCARLET I'VE MISSED YOU!!!

And oh god the prospects this strip provides has me giggling uncontrollably! It's so good to have her back XD

27Time Machine - Page 2 Empty SQUIRREL SCIENCE![ Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Rincewind

Its time for...

SQUIRREL SCIENCE!

28Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:39 pm

Bunyip

Something wicked this way comes...

Can't wait to see what happens now.

Pip pre-warns all the people Hilary used so she doesn't get the chance to.

29Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Moonman

Moonman

Oh God, time travel. That shit just fries your brain...

Time Machine - Page 2 Looper-jeff-daniels

30Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:13 am

shadowdarkk

shadowdarkk

you ask.. and we will make it

31Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:13 am

zipperipper

zipperipper

The grandfather paradox is just an idea that screws with time and space, it makes far more sense if you think of time as an extra dimension, that gives it an infinite number of possibilities, and therefore, an infinite number of different timelines to split into from any point. This is relevant because if he goes back in time and un-fucks Hilary he'll just split the timeline. The side effect of this is that he won't return to a future he left, resulting in another version of himself. It wouldn't change the past for the pip time traveling but it would for the new timeline's pip.

This is also a fun concept because you can constantly change the future and bring the new versions of yourself into a different timeline and make INFINITE PIPS! Very Happy
Or what could be a dream for Art, Infinite Kats!

Or if you want to think of time as more linear, traveling into the past may cause the future instead of change it, somehow.
I love time travel and all the different ideas, shame we may never be able to do it like in Sci-Fi, but it's probably for the best.

32Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:51 am

EmfinnFZ

Simplest solution to Grandfather paradox is to leave alterna-life you a decently detailed note explaining the need to [insert bizarre hi-jinks here].

http://cityofsteam.com/

33Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:25 am

Anasazi

Anasazi

Is it wrong of me to be looking forward to all the wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey squirrel girl shennanigans that will be happening? Cool

And I do like the last panel, with Pip having the "Oh shit, what did I just do?" look when he realized what he said and who he said it to. Wink

So Screw the Grandfather Paradox, let the time jumping fun begin for the Time Pengiun Victorious, his Companions and his Quartet driven TARDIS. Very Happy

34Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:16 am

EmfinnFZ

"Turns out we do need roads" ?

35Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:20 am

EmfinnFZ

Of course, if they go back far enough and avert the entire lunchbox escapade, ensuring Hilary grew up somewhat less evil (Given that Kat would want an Alley Fighter box more in any case it should be easy), then return to find Kat and Hilary hooked up in college and have been an adventure having and mystery solving duo ever since...

What then?

36Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Ummm, crap. Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:57 am

allaun

I think, Be careful of what you wish for, You might get it, applies here.

37Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:07 am

Doctursea

Doctursea

I think someone's about to rip a hole in space time, It's not a good Saturday unless you do that.

38Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:40 am

BenRG

BenRG

I'm just thinking of the cartoon movie: "Kim Possible - A Sitch in Time" and thinking that someone with an axe to grind and the ability to travel in time can have really, really major and apocalyptic consequences.

39Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 pm

sir-talen

sir-talen

Post a vote for the "Oh, Shit" contingent.

Best Case Scenario: The Brain Trust accidentally ensures that Kat has a completely different lunchbox that fateful day, Hillary grows up a more normally socialized bunny, and Kat doesn't have a tormentor following her all the through high school.

Middling Scenario: Hillary follows Pip and/or the Brain trust back in time, gets hit by College Age Art's Vespa as she steps out of the time machine, and we find just who's body he and Pip were burying that year.

Worst Case Scenario: Welcome back to Sequential Art, the hilarious adventures of Art, Pip and Hilary, three fun loving flatmates who have adventures involving pint-sized world conquerors, half-naked squirrel girls, and Hilary's old school rival, Kat, a cynical, alcoholic paparazzi photographer.

http://sir-talen.deviantart.com/

40Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 pm

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

sir-talen wrote:Post a vote for the "Oh, Shit" contingent.

Best Case Scenario: The Brain Trust accidentally ensures that Kat has a completely different lunchbox that fateful day, Hillary grows up a more normally socialized bunny, and Kat doesn't have a tormentor following her all the through high school.

Middling Scenario: Hillary follows Pip and/or the Brain trust back in time, gets hit by College Age Art's Vespa as she steps out of the time machine, and we find just who's body he and Pip were burying that year.

Worst Case Scenario: Welcome back to Sequential Art, the hilarious adventures of Art, Pip and Hilary, three fun loving flatmates who have adventures involving pint-sized world conquerors, half-naked squirrel girls, and Hilary's old school rival, Kat, a cynical, alcoholic paparazzi photographer.
Time Machine - Page 2 Mind%20blown
That middle scenario...
I still wouldn´t rule out the posibillity of errasing Hilary from the timeline entirely thou...

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

41Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Riikano-Alinaris

Have you ever realized that the whole Hilary-Pip arc could have been made only to arrive here?

42Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:14 pm

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:Have you ever realized that the whole Hilary-Pip arc could have been made only to arrive here?
Huh.
Kinda makes sense.
Hadn´t thought about that.

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

43Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:29 pm

The Old Wolf

The Old Wolf

Given some of their previous inventions, I would not put it past the 5Q1RL5 to be able to come up with such a device. In which case, Pip would have some powerful ammunition to bring Hillary down with. And boyoboy, would I love to see that.

44Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Interwebcomic Powers ... Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Man_of_foul_Tofu

Man_of_foul_Tofu

Speaking of time and space machines, There was a lovely bit of inter-webcomc play a while ago - something to do with coffee making from TheWhiteboard disappeared and reappeared in Questionable Content. The item got used, then reverted back to the Whiteboard. Only the knowledgeable would have seen it. Wonderful.

imagine the squirrel gestalt devised fusion lawn mower reappearing in the Girl Genius universe ... or a blue box appearing in SA's world

45Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Silvador

EmfinnFZ wrote:"Turns out we do need roads" ?

ROFLMAO

46Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:53 pm

norman728

Makes me wonder is this "trip" will create the monster we Love to hate. or make Kat the evil one and they have to fix it as one Evil dies another will have to fill it.

47Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:28 am

Bunyip

Well if Hilary's past gets altered it will change Kat....cause who would Kat be if she didn't have her tormentor.

48Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:42 am

DavidGreen

DavidGreen

I first thought the best frame in this strip was the 4th with Pip's "Oh Shit!" expression, but now I think the best is the third panel with Scarlet's "A'kay!". No second thoughts as to whether it is possible or not to build a time machine, it will just get done.

Imagine what fun the minions will have with that device...

And what model of time machine will it be? George Pal? Chris Wells? BBC?

49Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Zero the Dragon King

Wait a minute, so this setting will have time travel, and it already has a malevolent A.I., which may or may not have recently been brought back online.

Well, you know what that'll lead to. Twisted Evil

*town is being rampaged by a giant robo-tank*

Kat: Who are you?!

Mysterious Stranger: Listen, I know this is gonna sound corny, but...come with me if you want to live. Cool

50Time Machine - Page 2 Empty Re: Time Machine Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:11 pm

indrejue

indrejue

oh god this just opened a whole Pandora's box of insanity i can not wait for

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum