Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was it good for you?

+23
RenaTamer
BenRG
Sylentknight
The Old Wolf
EmfinnFZ
Xudmud
The Mighty Monkey
waffllecat
DarkAngel
TheGreatHibiki
Contrast
tonylov
Nighthawke
cenaris
wolfman-al
Xikar
yiangos
not_cenaris
Moonman
vevans0009
Ganthan
Vordreller
zipperipper
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Was it good for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was it good for you? Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:52 am

Sylentknight

Sylentknight

I just don't know.
There could be some plot behind all of this, but there is also a chance that everyone is making it more complicated than it really is. Hilary is an opportunist. She wouldn't be the first woman to have a male friend who treats her nice (friend zone) and another who she keeps for sex. I like to think that if Pip had actually been good in bed but still naive, she would still let him cover her at work and then screw him in the evenings.

However, Hilary is past the point of having any desire to train the newly post-virgin.
Pip's been shown to have questionable judgement, but he's never been shown as being stupid. How long things will go on before he finds out only Jack knows.

27Was it good for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was it good for you? Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 am

BenRG

BenRG

FWIW, I think that the first time, it was real. Hillary was vulnerable and needed someone, anyone. However, I think that, with time, she's started exploiting Pip. It's nothing personal; I just don't think that she knows any other way of dealing with other people.

Which is tragic, when you think about it.

28Was it good for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was it good for you? Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:08 am

RenaTamer

my trust and belief that there is some good in everyone (no matter how slight)... and that if given a chance, that even the most evil can be reformed... has died

The Force has failed me.

29Was it good for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was it good for you? Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:31 am

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

BenRG wrote:FWIW, I think that the first time, it was real. Hillary was vulnerable and needed someone, anyone. However, I think that, with time, she's started exploiting Pip. It's nothing personal; I just don't think that she knows any other way of dealing with other people.

Which is tragic, when you think about it.

My belief in any complexity of her character died in the last thread, so no. Plain evil, nya-ha-ha.

30Was it good for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was it good for you? Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 am

Emanon

I have some (little!) hope she's a bit more complex than what she appears.

She's hit rock bottom, that's a huge wake-up call for most people that things need to change in their lives. To me, it's plausible that she does love Pip and care about him, but he just cannot satisfy her sexually. Remember, she's a rabbit after all and I would think that means she's got the built-in sex drive of a nympho who craves pleasure. It's possible to me that she does desperately want to be with Pip, but since he cannot please her, she just drugs him and gets her fix with a throwaway lover to spare his feelings. Pip is insecure enough as he is and it doesn't take a psychiatrist to see admitting 'you can't satisfy me' would cruelly destroy him.

To be honest, there's little angle to be gained from just being a jerk for being a jerk's sake and I'd assume the character's written a bit better than a paper-thin caricature. If she wanted to just hurt him, she'd not have to go beyond simply letting him find her in bed with the wolfman.

31Was it good for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was it good for you? Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:46 am

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

I'm of the opinion that Hilary's an emotional predator. Pip's the sort of person her type loves to prey upon.

Until she met Pip, Hilary had, as noted above, hit rock bottom. You could say she was starving for a victim. Along comes Pip, who turns out to not only be just the sort of person she likes to victimize but the friend of a rival. But Hilary's not a hunter. She's a rancher. She's doing this because she's fattening Pip up for the slaughter. The more emotionally attached he is to her, the more succulent his emotional "meat" will be. And Pip's still clueless enough to mistake lust for love.

As for her shirt, for all Pip knows, it used to belong to her dad, a brother, an ex-boyfriend, or she simply bought a man's shirt because she wanted one.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

32Was it good for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was it good for you? Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:58 am

Cee64E

The eyesight question: It's an old joke that having sex for the first time will solve a number of problems for the average geek, need for glasses and acne being a couple of common ones

For that reason I think the first time probably was real. She's just stringing him along now though. I tend to think her motive is more than just break his heart. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out she has embezled from the charity shop and is setting Pip up to take the fall. Remember, the evil bunny loves money and prestige above all else.

33Was it good for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was it good for you? Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:26 am

Guineapig Balloonist

I think she's desperately trying to get another job in marketing during her absences from the charity shop and that wolfman is an interviewer/potential employer that she's seduced. Once she's secured a job that'll giver her back her status, she won't need Pip anymore and will break his heart, then dump him. Preferably while watching Kat's reaction.

The scary thing is that I've met women and men just like her, and worked with them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum