Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+19
Moonman
wolfman-al
Haggis Hotdish
Pietja
not_cenaris
artimies7
Dreadstunlock
TheGreatHibiki
Leak
stephanodude
KaZe
MicasR
Youchip
cenaris
rpx
Nikolai
Xenathos
Frist
Ganthan
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 11]

151My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:50 am

Ganthan

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 1307073280.mirelmture_bigbrothermac

Big Macintosh is such a good big brother. Smile

152My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:44 am

Ganthan

Sisterhooves Social with brony commentary:

153My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:23 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

i thought we were supposed to discuss the show. not just post cute pictures

154My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Ganthan

stephanodude wrote:i thought we were supposed to discuss the show. not just post cute pictures

What's wrong with that? This is a thread about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and these pictures are about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Would you rather the thread just die off?

155My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:53 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

156My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:54 am

Frist

Frist

That episode was great! Loopdy-Hoop Applebloom is way too d'awwable.

157My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Ganthan

The Cutie Pox wasn't quite as good at the others of this season. It still has its strong points though, like The Jesus at the bowling alley and Pinkie Pie's "Yesterday I told Mrs. Cake that I ate two corn cakes, but I really ate three! Okay, six!"

158My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:54 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

Ganthan wrote:
stephanodude wrote:i thought we were supposed to discuss the show. not just post cute pictures

What's wrong with that? This is a thread about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and these pictures are about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Would you rather the thread just die off?
nothings wrong with pictures i was just wondering why that was pretty much all we posted without actual discussions.

159My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:06 pm

Ganthan

Oh yeah, definitely still just a kids show. No parental bonuses there at all. What little kids haven't seen The Big Lebowski by now?

stephanodude wrote:nothings wrong with pictures i was just wondering why that was pretty much all we posted without actual discussions.

Okay then, let's talk about episodes as they come out.

The Cutie Pox surprised me a little bit. I had read earlier that it was going to be about Apple Bloom getting a lot of cutie marks but I didn't realize that they would make her do all the talents that they represent.

It also seems that what Spike really loves about Rarity is her mane. At the end of Sisterhooves Social when she had her mane tied up he was normal and calm, even when he had his fingers on her mouth. Then when Twilight momentarily gets Rarity's mane from Apple Bloom's loopty hoop he suddenly gets all hearty eyed for HER. I guess he really just has a thing for curly purple manes.

160My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

I liked the episode haha especially when Apple bloom got started speaking in "fancy". The big lebowski reference was pretty funny i was surprised when i saw it. I guess its out in the open now, Spike only likes women for their hair. Very Happy

161My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Ganthan

Spike: Her hair! I just... really want to... BRUSH IT!!

162My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:36 am

Frist

Frist

:0 Rainbow Dash episode today!

163My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:07 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

i got up early (well earlier than normal) but its not showing for another hour and im gonna be gone for the rest of the day!! ugh first world problems...

164My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:11 am

Frist

Frist

YYYYEEEESS

First song of the new season, and it was GLORIOUS!

D'AAAAWWWW, TANK <3!

That was such an adorable episode! Maybe even better than Lesson Zero.

165My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:18 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

it was great. i felt bad for "Tank" at the begginning and stuff. I also fealt sorry for the falcon after he won and didnt get to be the pet.

166My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Ganthan

----SPOILERS AHEAD----

SERIOUSLY, DON'T READ AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE EPISODE YET

Ehh, predictable from about five minutes in, this one.

Hey, that tortoise has appeared a couple times during the song, and there's the tortoise again and there it is again and again and again. Well, now we now exactly which pet is gonna end up being Rainbow Dash's pet. The only question is how.

Oh look, Fluttershy is insisting that the tortoise competes to which Rainbow Dash begrudgingly accepts. Yeah, I get it. The tortoise is gonna be the pet, now quit insulting our intelligence.

The tortoise fails at all of the events spectacularly yet keeps at it anyway. The tortoise somehow ends up in the final event despite being told directly by RD that he was cut.

We're down to two possibilities here. One of the other up and coming pets is going to win exactly as RD intended resulting in no lesson learned about friendship, or RD is going to end up in some kind of awful predicament from which the tortoise will somehow save her resulting in RD learning a valuable lesson that things like determination and compassion towards your owner are probably better attributes in a pet than raw physical ability. Oh horseapples, I just for the life in me figure out which one it's going to be.

In all honesty here, it was a solid enough episode, but only for the memes and awesome Rainbow Dash moments, not the plot. My favorite parts were Fluttershy getting so excited about finding a pet for Rainbow Dash, the dun dun DUUUUN, and the quarray eels.

167My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:17 am

Haggis Hotdish

I'm waiting for the episode when the girls drop the hammer on Rainbow Dash's abusiveness. I didn't think it was possible, but she treats the contestants worse than she did Fluttershy in "Sonic Rainboom," in that she DELIBERATELY LEADS THEM INTO AN AMBUSH AND ABANDONS THEM TO THEIR FATE. I know it's part of her characterization that her brashness occasionally frequently crosses the line into obnoxious insensitivity, but that's REALLY cold.

Poor Owloysius...demoted from "No.2 assistant" to "pet."

But hey, we get to see him again. And we finally got a song! And Fluttershy returns after a brutal two-episode absence!

168My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:48 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

i know i kind of want rainbow dash to possibly be a little nicer. but honestly i still like her spunky "i dont care" attitude. its what makes rainbow rainbow.

169My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:43 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

Haggis Hotdish wrote:I'm waiting for the episode when the girls drop the hammer on Rainbow Dash's abusiveness. I didn't think it was possible, but she treats the contestants worse than she did Fluttershy in "Sonic Rainboom," in that she DELIBERATELY LEADS THEM INTO AN AMBUSH AND ABANDONS THEM TO THEIR FATE. I know it's part of her characterization that her brashness occasionally frequently crosses the line into obnoxious insensitivity, but that's REALLY cold.

Poor Owloysius...demoted from "No.2 assistant" to "pet."

But hey, we get to see him again. And we finally got a song! And Fluttershy returns after a brutal two-episode absence!

well you got your wish. there was an episode where they kind of got fed up with rainbow dash's arrogance and bragging and somewhat stopped it.

170My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:08 am

Frist

Frist

<3

171My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:19 am

stephanodude

stephanodude

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Merry_little_santashy_vector___redone_by_asax0-d4hjvi2

get ready for the holiday season everybody Very Happy (also HNNNNNGH!)

172My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:07 pm

Ganthan

I realize that there probably isn't much point to finding problems with the plot to what is essentially a children's show with parental bonuses, but I found "The Mysterious Mare Do Well" a little too stilted to be really acceptable.

I mean, Ponyville is a pretty peaceful, quiet and happy place with only "occasional" big disasters now and then like the parasprite plague and the dragon smoke covering. Now suddenly we have child falling down well, a baby stroller and a bus of tourists careening down a cliff face, a balcony full of oldies breaking off, a construction site collapsing, a hot air balloon falling from the sky AND a sudden impromptu dam breaking all in the space of a week or two? I was starting to think somepony might have been CAUSING these disasters to happen, but I guess that would have been too dark for this show.

Personally, I didn't figure out the plot twist until the dam scene. Thanks to the Season Two writers making it so that magical auras have different colors depending on which unicorn is using it I was able to recognize who it was because of the magenta magic. Then of course later on in Sugar Cube Corner Twilight just couldn't resist mentioning her admiration that, "Using magic to repair the dam must have taken a lot of study!" She was just officially taking the piss by that point.

173My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:26 pm

Frist

Frist

I was really hoping it'd be Trixie.

I think it could have really worked for the moral. Rainbow Dash unmasks the hero to find it's Trixie.

Think about it, Trixie learning humility and grace, then coming back to do some actual good without boasting it, thus turning it all around on Rainbow, as she is now the one being the cocky attention whore just looking for recognition. It would've been the perfect return.

174My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:53 am

Frist

Frist

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 How_about_an_upside_down_kiss__by_hazurasinner-d4ho64q

DO IT!

175My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 Empty Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:34 am

Frist

Frist

FRIENDSHIP POWER TO MAXIMUM!!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 7 My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-epicutie-mark

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum