Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hail To The King Baby

+2
Xenathos
Damien Darkside
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hail To The King Baby Empty Hail To The King Baby Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:08 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

http://www.dukenukem.com/

It is finally happening.

Now people would wonder what the hell took so long and why it is fixed now. Basically, 3D Realms decided that they were not going to actually seriously work. Well Gearbox (who own a good damn portion of it) said that they weren't going to put up with that shit anymore.

Now this is what was said in the press release in which I want to highlight:

This game puts pedal to the metal and tongue firmly in cheek, among other places. Shoot hoops, lift weights, read adult magazines, draw crude messages on whiteboards or ogle one of the many beautiful women that populate Duke's life; that is if you can pull yourself away long enough from kicking ass and taking names. Duke Nukem was and will forever be immortalized in gaming history, and this is his legend.

Now that brings up some questions. Duke was always known for being controversial. With the gore, the babes, the sayings, the swearing and the mothers running for cover to protect the minds of their little ones. I want this to happen.

I want people to look at this and realize how absurd they are for constantly bugging games on racial issues (RE 5), civilian death issues (MW:2, GTA, Saint's Row), gore issues (GoW, Fallout) and anything that makes people go "Oh videogames are bad". Now you might be thinking "Well Damien, now wouldn't they just say all of that about this game?" and I reply that yes. Yes they would. At least now they can say that "At least it isn't as bad as Duke Nukem".

Plus it has been years since I can have a sinfully good time doing whatever I want. I hope to have as much fun as I did with Saint's Row 2. I can run around naked and still get points of awesomeness in Saint's Row 2. Is it a bit crude, a bit immature, a bit childish? Of damn course it is, but when have we really had a fun game to do that in?

All-in-all, Duke Nukem 3D was my feel-good-feel-dirty game of my childhood, and I hope that it is the same for my adult life.

2Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:13 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

Well... were did you get this news from this late? Or how we say it in holland.

Beneith what rock were you living?

I`ve known this for like... over a month by now o-o

Still good that they FINALLY started with it though.

"It`s time to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

But I`m all out of gum."

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

3Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 am

The Doctor

The Doctor

I saw news article a while ago when I heard about it. They had a deposit receipt for this game from Gamestop, nearly 10 years ago. Hope they honour it.

4Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:09 am

Pandora

Pandora

Is this article current?

And Duke Nukem ain't the king, Ash Williams is the King. Wink

5Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:43 am

Pietja

Well, folks from 3D Realms were inspired by many movies, Evil Dead being one of them. Also - why there was a chainsaw in Doom? Smile

As for DNF I can't say I waited for it, but, yes, I was excited everytime when some news was announced. Silly me.
I just hope it'll have the atmosphere of good 'ol DN3D, with pig-cops, strippers, aliens abducting chicks, it'll be full of easter eggs (like the mentioned Hail To The King), violence, interactivity and shitting in the neck of a dead alien scum. Very Happy

But, again, some people can get butthurt by it, since game are now one of mainstream media, and then again - so exotic to most.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

6Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

For those who think 3D relms is doing it, they is be wrong. Gear Box is taking over and already had a super-secret demo test.

Pietja, all your old favourite things will be in it. It has been verified. Plus I hope to god you saw the DOOMed space Marine in DN3D

I knew about it, well at least rumours that the Borderlands crew got a hold of it. I just didn't verify it until now.

7Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Eh, I'm still skeptic. I've heard for...well...actually at least 3 or 4 years now that it was going to finally be released. I'm not super interested, it's just after hearing the same thing so many times I'm at the point that I'll believe it when I actually see it.

8Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Well considering how a totally new company is taking it, I'll put my faith in it.

9Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:04 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

There are some cam gameplay videos floating around the web. Just look it up. Or I`ll provide some links when im not in school.

10Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:08 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Wait until actual release footage, they are going to do it, they said on their forums they just like messing with the fans.

11Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:13 am

Pietja

Damien Darkside wrote:
Pietja, all your old favourite things will be in it. It has been verified. Plus I hope to god you saw the DOOMed space Marine in DN3D

We'll see. Fallout 3, according to the devs promises on the forum would have, f.ex. option to kill children, but some group raised a rant about that, and the kids are un-killable(but modmakers alread fixed that). When I was 12-14 one of the most prominent things in Fallout, one that gave another impact on the gaming experience was the fact that I could kill the most innocents, kids, that is. And it wasn't left without an impact. Lot's of shopkeepers refused to sell you stuff, bounty hunters were on your tail, etc.
Now, in F3 you can enslave one girl, but you can't kill her. You can still blow up megaton, you can still die as a child. But you can't kill them directly, while their death animations are still there, coded in the program.
I just can't understand the fear of some devs or producers. Rockstar takes it all on their chest, all the shiet that goes down. And I hope they won't stop making games their own way.

As for Doomed trooper, yes, I saw it, behind chappel in jail level, when you start on a electric chair. It's a secret area unlocked by shooting in a switch that elevates you to the other switch that is on higher ground, and then that one opens the doors behind right pannel behind the altair. Still remember. Very Happy
But Luke Skywalker on a moon level was a more interesting find.

12Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:59 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

I do admit that killing kids in FO2 was fun. Well, maybe fun isn't the right word...

13Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Xenathos

Xenathos

So... they would make a complete demo level and demo video just to MESS with us?...

Sick minds you guys have... *is very naïve and believes truly in the fact that it is released somewhere next year or start following year*

14Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Pandora

Pandora

I've seen game trailers for this...three years ago. Videos don't mean a thing to me. I'm just going to wait and see when it actually is released and I can find it on a shelf before I put too much faith in it.

15Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:39 pm

liumingzhu

I've seen game trailers for this...three years ago. Videos don't mean a thing to me. I'm just going to wait and see when it actually is released and I can find it on a shelf before I put too much faith in it. http://www.edhardykleidungshop.com/

16Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:05 pm

Pandora

Pandora

...Um...is the person posting above a bot? What does a link to an Ed Hardy shop have to do with this?

17Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:31 am

Pietja

Pandora wrote:...Um...is the person posting above a bot? What does a link to an Ed Hardy shop have to do with this?

Bot succeded. Very Happy

18Hail To The King Baby Empty Re: Hail To The King Baby Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:58 am

Pandora

Pandora

I wouldn't say succeeded, considering we noticed it was a bot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum