Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BeDaOrLiSeAr's Attempts: Drawings And Pictures

+15
not_cenaris
Xenathos
26_9
Vordreller
Youchip
CrazyPurpleBat
noctrnlcry
swordfish
cenaris
Smelge
Frist
Pietja
Nikolai
Damien Darkside
BeDaOrLiSeAr
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 19]

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

thanks, I'll look some up

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Page 6. Gawdam scenery and lack of scanner and need of f**king drawing lessons and lack of freakin' knowledge of anatomy (if that will help). The next page will explain the hay. Its a bit of a joke.
[url=https://servimg.com/view/15212788/35][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f61/15/21/27/88/rm_pag16.jpg[/img][/url]
wut the heck? it won't work!

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr's Attempts: Drawings And Pictures - Page 2 Rm_pag17

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

that works I guess...

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

I really need to rethink my whole "make the drawing purposefully sloppy to hide defects" technique. I can hardly tell wut position I drew ryan in in the second square. I would clean it up with my computer but once again I would need a scanner and actual skill with image editing stuff

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

page 7
wow... i really f**ked this one up nicely...
BeDaOrLiSeAr's Attempts: Drawings And Pictures - Page 2 Rm_pag18

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Oh god, how many posts in a row? I'm not criticizing, I'm just from a forum where they would have sliced all genitals off if you double posted without apologizing.

ANYWAYS

You need to remind me about your watermark and what you want. I can't find or remember the thread.

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

about the watermark:
I would like it to say melfire and have a kind of spyish theme

thanks

this topic is really lonely

*sobs*

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

much more cartoonish ryan
BeDaOrLiSeAr's Attempts: Drawings And Pictures - Page 2 Cartoo14

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

i really don't like that one

even i think i could do better...

*sobs*

Frist

Frist

I think that one came out quite nicely actually. >.>

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

thanks

i just wished it looked more like the older ryan i draw

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

i penned the cartoonish ryan drawing to see if it would turn up better.
BeDaOrLiSeAr's Attempts: Drawings And Pictures - Page 2 Cartoo11

i would say it did...

Nikolai

Nikolai

looks GREAT!

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

Nikolai

Nikolai

Might I suggest now thicken some of the lines throughout the picture to give it some depth and dimension.

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

thanks ill try that Very Happy

i didn't bring a pen with me to Europe (mistake). i bought one yesterday and wanted to use it
i was lazy and penned right onto the pencil

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

actually, before i try, do you have any tips on which lines should be thicker than others? like the ones in the back or the front?

Nikolai

Nikolai

uuuuh.....hmmm its hard to explain... so... just look at my penned drawings, and you should get the Idea.

Smelge

Smelge

Nikolai wrote:uuuuh.....hmmm its hard to explain... so... just look at my penned drawings, and you should get the Idea.

No. God no.

He needs to look at established artists, not people learning. I'm sorry, but at the moment you are mimicking JJ's style and aren't actually learning much. Both of you need to look at other artists as well. Nicolai, you especially need to start diversifying on your influences. Yeah, you've done a few different pieces but they are generally not very good compared to the JJ emulations which is very bad.

If you want to do art, you need to develop your own style, but this will not happen if you copy one artist.

To the OP, you need to work on defining your sketches a bit better. At the moment they seem tiny. Most comics are done at a large scale, sometimes a single panel is A4 sized or bigger. Make it larger, work from wireframes to establish shapes, learn anatomy. Try www.posemaniacs.com and run through their 30 second exercises. They recommend 2 sets of 5 poses (totalling 10 minutes a day) and the exercise is about learning how to jot down the shapes quick and accurate.

Also, get a sketchbook, go for a walk somewhere and just draw stuff. people, buildings, animals, hills, whatever you find. Keep drawing.

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

thanx Smelge.

i have been looking at different artist recently and trying to experiment with a little mixing. i have been drawing small because (since I'm on the move alot this summer) I have been using a small sketchbook. That cartoonish one was done on a bigger sketchbook that i only use in my apartment. There aren't really any good places here to sit and draw so i don't draw too often but as often as I can. I do have a problem with poses and hands (two necessary thing to learn in my opinion) so i'll check out that pose maniacs thing.

I did this out of boredom on an hour train ride to London. I tried adding a little VG Cats theme. done on the small sketchbook. Im happy with it for it was my first attempt to draw a big gun thingy.
BeDaOrLiSeAr's Attempts: Drawings And Pictures - Page 2 Ryan_a10

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

I won't be on for a few days because I'm going to Edenborough (plz be spelled right)

Smelge

Smelge

Edinburgh.

Which is where I am.

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Scotland?

Smelge

Smelge

Yes.

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr