Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comics and Artstuffs by Frist: Bol+-Wicked (+)

+17
Dreas_Dris
Xenathos
Youchip
26_9
CrazyPurpleBat
Mr.Green
Blacklite
not_cenaris
Smelge
Damien Darkside
AngelSineWings
cenaris
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Pietja
MicasR
Nikolai
Frist
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Frist

Frist

Pietja wrote:Frist... before I ask you this question, I have to notify you that I'm drunk. I'm drunk as frozen goddamned heroin through-anus-injected ninth circle of hell. But yet, I'm able to type. And, while I'm drunk, I have this weakness - I'm totally honest and sincere.

So I have to ask you this question :

Are you satisfied with your strip.

No offense dude, but I have to ask you if you're really glad about what you're doing. Sure, you've got your strip, plus, minus inspired by the so called "college life", but are you happy about the outcome, about the strips/comics you're posting here. Honestly, don't you feel like there's something missing?

Honestly, I admit that you're style is improving and - what's more important - you're very determinated about it. And in no way I believe it's a wrong way to follow.
But there is a lack of polish on it. Personally, I'd love to see your comic, or artwork, in a polished, inked, colored form. Buy a goddamned tablet. Seriously, anything will do. Finish it, color it, shade it. I see a lot of premise, lot's of potential. But I only see pencil & paper, and that's not something to be excited about. You have a very great slice-of-life story potential with additional ecchi factor, but it's just too goddamned unpolished.

I'm drunk, alright, but while I'm in that state I'm honest. Seriously, I thought about commenting on this topic for a long time, but I wasn't able till I was under an influence. Because I was, and I'm still somewhat, afraid that I might give you some bad vibes from my critique.

MAN. You have potential. Enormous, at least for a web-comic. But you need to polish it. Work with the stuff you have, it's good, but it's unreadable, at least for me, in this form.

Tell me, what do you have againts your creations. What would you like to improve.

And improve it, goddammit!
Drunk, albit totally honest in that state - Pietja

First off, let me say thank you for being honest. Highly appreciative of it, and encourage that. And don't worry, I can handle criticism, as long as it's constructive and not just total "YOU SUCK, STOP DRAWING" etc.

Now I shall address everything.

- Satisfied? Relatively. I like what I've done so far, though I believe I can do better.

- I actually do have a tablet. All of the digital work posted here is done on it.

- As far as the strip goes, believe me, I'd love to do it on the tablet, full color, highlights, shading and all, though there's one problem. I have this undying fear/pet-peeve/etc. keeping me from doing it on tablet, and that is, from what I can tell, the time consumption and the lack of quality.

One of my major weaknesses is backgrounds. When I'm drawing in pencil and paper, I feel less obligated to make them detailed, but when it comes to full color and such, it feels a bit incomplete without it. That's one of the things I have to work on all around.

The other half of that is a personal dissatisfaction with my current level of technique with the tablet. I'm still getting used to drawing on it. More than half the time, my inked lineart feels just plain bad minus the rough lineart. I usually favor the rough over the inkings in terms of quality. That's what I'm working on right now, improving my inks. That's usually the step that pisses me off the most. I can do coloring/highlighting/shading just fine, as far as I'm concerned. Once I felt I was decent enough at inking was when I would attempt to do the strip on tablet. I guess it is time I start trying that; it just feels so time consuming.

I have tried in the past, but have gotten to the point of ragequitting each time. That was a while ago though. It's probably time to give it another shot.

Thanks for the input though, again, I appreciate it, dude. Feel free to talk to me anytime you're drunk, just don't drive :).

Frist

Frist

Comics and Artstuffs by Frist: Bol+-Wicked (+) - Page 7 Fjra_chrstmas_2010_by_frist44-d35mhbl

Shay finally knocked some sense into them 2 and we ended up watching A Christmas Story.

Merry Christmas, guys and Happy Holidays. I know, the comic's not all that far in, but I guess being home for the holidays means screentime for the rest of the original cast Very Happy.

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Whoa Smile

Frist

Frist

Comics and Artstuffs by Frist: Bol+-Wicked (+) - Page 7 Milestone_by_frist44-d37zrpy

Guh! Pietja, what have ya done tuh meh!?

No, seriously, I like how it came out. I'll keep up the full color.

Nikolai

Nikolai

Lol, I was about to ask, "You did that? Well Done"

Most of the strip is cut off on the right though. :\

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

Youchip

Youchip

poki

Frist

Frist

Nikolai wrote:Lol, I was about to ask, "You did that? Well Done"

Most of the strip is cut off on the right though. :\

Yeah, sorry. You'll have to post a copy of the link in another tab :P.

Frist

Frist

Comics and Artstuffs by Frist: Bol+-Wicked (+) - Page 7 Request___plotty_by_frist44-d389z6x

Long overdue request for a boardmate on a different site. Honestly, I dislike the final product. I need to practice my coloring with linebreaks. And perspective. And other things.

Nikolai

Nikolai

Not Bad. I Like The Shoe Idea.

Frist

Frist

So, Concession ended..

which is hard to let go of because the artist is one of my biggest inspirations..

New comic tomorrow.

Frist: *ghrk*sniff* *hic*sniffle*

Frist

Frist

Comics and Artstuffs by Frist: Bol+-Wicked (+) - Page 7 Nice_pipes_by_frist44-d39ei2v

Fwah!..

I need to do something about the panel spacing. Flow seems to be difficult at times.

Nikolai

Nikolai

Very Nice. Love the new Character. Cute Wink

Frist

Frist

Thanks, guy! Also..

*BONUS COMIC*: Comedy Boy

Comics and Artstuffs by Frist: Bol+-Wicked (+) - Page 7 Bonus_comic__comedy_boy_by_frist44-d39esi5

It's in black and white for a reason, not because it's a bonus, but because it's part of the reference.

Sure, only a handful of people may get the joke/reference, but I couldn't help myself with the current situation in the comic.

Don't really wanna call it a tribute, but..

[size=85]Yeah, I miss her too[/size] ¬_¬.

That's all you're gettn' outta me. Moving on!

Frist: Even though I believe she was a bit of a bitch, I can't deny that she was one of my inspirations.

Frist

Frist

Comics and Artstuffs by Frist: Bol+-Wicked (+) - Page 7 Chibis_by_frist44-d3bxwes

Chibi's! Including me, my main OC's and several other characters I'd love to someday get into the comic. You may recognize a few.

I'm still alive, it's just that Ponies have taken over my life, and I'm fighting to get back to work.

I plan to full color that too, so don't worry.

Nikolai

Nikolai

??? People are stealing your work too ???
Mr. Hyde is having the same problem.

Frist

Frist

Nikolai wrote:??? People are stealing your work too ???
Mr. Hyde is having the same problem.

??

No, ponies, Ponies! Not Phonies. I'm addicted to Friendship is Magic.

Nikolai

Nikolai

oooooohhhhhhh. My bad. I kinda skim when I read. so ya

Frist

Frist

Comics and Artstuffs by Frist: Bol+-Wicked (+) - Page 7 Nervous_reactions_by_frist44-d3d0asf

A comic about nervous reactions!

Trying to aim for a weekly comic update now. It'll take work, but I think I can handle it..

I can't clothe you when you're naked like this >////>..

Nikolai

Nikolai

lol, love the colors Smile

Frist

Frist

Nikolai wrote:lol, love the colors :)

Thanks!

Feels a bit too bright though. I'll have to dim it a bit in the future.

Frist

Frist

Comics and Artstuffs by Frist: Bol+-Wicked (+) - Page 7 Symbol_by_frist44-d3degrf

That's where the name comes from.

Remember how I said I'm aiming for the weekly thing? Well I meant it. Think my update day is gonna be Thursday.

Why Thursdays you ask? Because nothing else I care about updates on Thursdays, and for this same reason, a couple of friends of mine agree that this is the best day to do it. That and it's a pretty free day for me.

That said, don't always expect midnight updates on the dot, and don't expect them all to be 2 pages long like this each time. Just sayin'. :)

Anywho, enjoy.

Nikolai

Nikolai

What tools are you using?! O.o
Tablet??? How do you make your lines so smooth and not "jittery"?

Frist

Frist

Nikolai wrote:What tools are you using?! O.o

I know, man, I'm surprised too, I guess it's just all in the practice.

That and you gotta make the lines swift and quick. I'm using Photoshop CS3. It's kinda hard at first to mix fast with accuracy on a tablet, but don't focus on the following of the line itself, but focus on where you want the line to end and just strike to that location while maintaining the path as best you can.

Sure, you may be hitting your Ctrl-Z combination more often, but it's worth it in the end.

Nikolai

Nikolai

Frist wrote:
Nikolai wrote:What tools are you using?! O.o

I know, man, I'm surprised too, I guess it's just all in the practice.

That and you gotta make the lines swift and quick. I'm using Photoshop CS3. It's kinda hard at first to mix fast with accuracy on a tablet, but don't focus on the following of the line itself, but focus on where you want the line to end and just strike to that location while maintaining the path as best you can.

Sure, you may be hitting your Ctrl-Z combination more often, but it's worth it in the end.

Hmmm... Thanks For the advise. Smile

Frist

Frist

No prob, bro!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum