Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final Fantasy XIII

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Final Fantasy XIII Empty Final Fantasy XIII Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:43 am

The Doctor

The Doctor

Anybody got it?
Anybody getting it?
Thoughts?
Reasons?

Got my copy yesterday, not had real chance to play it. Just the opening credits, and the first few fights. Very pretty so far. Although not won over by "Lightning" yet.

2Final Fantasy XIII Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

Getting it, looks pretty cool but I hope the story is as good as the graphics, I'm buying cause I am an rpg buff and a die hard FF fan.

3Final Fantasy XIII Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:08 pm

p1x13st1ck

p1x13st1ck

20 hours in and on Chapter 9 - There are 13 altogether... too bad I have work today I wanna play more

4Final Fantasy XIII Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 am

The Doctor

The Doctor

I'm on Chapter three at the moment. Should be playing a lot more of it today. Since Friday, is my relaxing evening day. Lightning is okay in my books now.

How are you finding the battle style in this one P1x? (Is it okay if I call you P1x?) I died twice, mainly because I came out of the Paradigm shift too early. Grrr....

Most of the battles seem the same (even the bosses)....just tap x now and again, while changing Paradigms when you want health, then changing it back to do damage.

5Final Fantasy XIII Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:22 pm

p1x13st1ck

p1x13st1ck

Yes, P1x is fine

I'm thoroughly enjoying the battle system. It gets a little more complex throughout the game, but it is simply relating to the current enemies and characters and using the correct paradigms. When you have just Snow and Hope, it was definitely a change to get used to.

I've heard a lot of people don't like it because they were expecting something else. I think it is a refreshing new perspective. However, it does feel like it's missing a lot of side quests. I feel that's something I reveled in with previous versions. I'd probably rate a 8/10 on this. What do you think?

6Final Fantasy XIII Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIII Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:33 am

The Doctor

The Doctor

Yeah, I know. A lot of people I hating it because it's linear and the battles can be done just by pressing x. But I fail to see how they can do that without changing Paradigms.

The only thing I don't like is not having towns to explore.

But I love this game, and would rate it about that too. I'd better get back to the boss battle that I'm on "Aster Protoflorian" at the end of Whitewood. Such a b****.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]