Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is my own Character Drawings

+35
seargeant_Moggy
WreckedRegent7
Youchip
regitsammo
artimies7
Dreadstunlock
Dreas_Dris
ugilick
Xenathos
Mindscrambler
CrazyPurpleBat
Damien Darkside
noctrnlcry
Mr.Green
swordfish
Haventownsend
CyberCorn Entropic
willdye
ShayuaHaise
BeDaOrLiSeAr
MicasR
Frist
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
Triskelli
Blacklite
Paranoid
26_9
Retsof
Pietja
Smelge
cenaris
Biocat
stephanodude
Nikolai
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 27]

526This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:45 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

artimies7 wrote:If you want, I can draw a bit of an example of the eyes-under-hair thing.

Sure. Do what you want.
Im just saying, for that particular drawing, I couldn't pick out good eyes for her.

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

527This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:12 pm

artimies7

artimies7

So you've got your epic guy, right?
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 001
But he needs hair.
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 002
Oh dear, they overlap. Whatever shall you do.
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 003
This is what you do, foo.
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 004
And fill in the rest.
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 005
Ta-Da! You're done!

I know it isn't the same person that you did, but my drawing thingy won't upload without giving me a bunch of crap.

528This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:36 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

yes, well you see. That is just little bit of bangs. Now, How would you do it with a huge mop of hair going down your face? I can understand small bits like that.

529This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:24 am

Triskelli

Triskelli

Personally, I don't see a huge problem with obscuring a character's eyes with their hair, but I wouldn't reccomend it for an integral or expressive character. That's because a lack of eyes, or more specifically a lack of eyebrows really takes away from the range of emotion a character is able to display. Someone with hair over their eyes is usually delegated to the role of the stoic or the dummy. The comic by Jolly-Jack is a great example, but let me bring up an even better one;

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 SamSheepdog

Sam The Sheepdog, from the Looney Toons shorts. He starred in a spin-off of the Coyote and Roadrunner shorts, where he guarded a flock of sheep against Ralph the Wolf. The entire point of Sam was to sit in one spot, and he only moved when absolutely necessary. He is an impenetrable mass, both physically and expressively.

The only other main character that I can think of with this trait was Debbie from The Wild Thornberrys (The older sister), and she was similarly aloof and dismissive of the other characters of the show.

Wow, wasn't trying to make a speech outta this... Anyway, my point is that not showing the eyes of a character is a perfectly acceptable stylistic choice, albeit one that restricts the depth of the character when drawn that way.

530This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:42 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Well Stated Smile

531This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:42 pm

artimies7

artimies7

A mop you say? I must construct additional screens...

532This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Ugh... I don't post a lot anymore.. I guess my Ego is Broken...
Anyway, this is the Gubernat. (from my story, "Clockwork")

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Gubern10

A standard vehicle for the Underground survivors. The Gubernat is a Steam Powered walking automotive that can fit in tight tunnels. It can travel at an average speed of 20 Miles Per Hour (on a rough terrain), Maxing out at 30 Miles Per Hour on a Flat Surface.

The Gubernat can fold in its legs to make for easy storage.
It has 4 movement control levers/nobs/peddles.

1st Lever- controls Forward, Backward, and Neutral set movement control. (like a car)

2nd Duel Peddles- controls left and right leg speed. (like a tank)

3rd Lever- controls Strafe Movement.

4th Lever- controls Stationary 360° Turning.

The Gubernat
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faction: Steamwork
Boiler Size: Medium
Average Distance in One Tank: 300 miles
Height: ~ 3 Meters (1.5 Meters without legs)
Length: ~ 5 Meters (3 Meters without legs)
Weight: ~ 3 Tons (with Empty Boiler)

History-
The Gubernat was designed by one of the first Sub-terrain People, who went by the name of Gibson. The Gubernat was designed to run off of water. Because the people lived in Underground Caves, where Air didn't Circulate easily, They needed an Air Friendly Engine to power their equipment. Gibson was the only one of his colony to think of using Steam. As they came in contact with other colonies, New Steam vehicles were designed, and the Steamwork Faction was formed.

There are many Steamwork Engineers in all of the colonies now.

533This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:50 am

Nikolai

Nikolai

The Last Clock Smith
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Clock10
The surface of Haven is a Desert Wasteland. Dry, Windy, and Bone Chilling, not to many life forms live there.
There Is however 1 lone Clock smith. He is the last one who uses and works with Clockwork. His Tall companion is a Clockwork Robot, and must hide his true Identity from those who Frown upon anything Clockwork.

(Ill give you One guess who the tall guy is) (Hint: he jumps around all my stories, Somehow ending up in this one.)

The Clockwork Faction lives through the work of this Lone Engineer. He dose not have a Moral Side. Neither Good or Bad, he dose what he can to assist everyone.

In a way, he is similar to the Enlightened View of God. He builds and lets things run their course.

534This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Dreadstunlock

Nikolai, well done on the last one, the Gubernat though is very poorly presented, now I know it's just a design, but I think you went too lazy on the last minute, because I can tell that the last locksmith shows off more of your skill than the "Gubernat". Well done. Really nice shading. Gubernat....not so much.

535This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:33 pm

artimies7

artimies7

I'm going to upload them in sequential order here, just as I drew them.

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 001
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 002
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 003
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 004

I think the third one is the best to show the actual concept, but I had to go all out on the fourth, just to practice.

536This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Dreadstunlock wrote:Nikolai, well done on the last one, the Gubernat though is very poorly presented, now I know it's just a design, but I think you went too lazy on the last minute, because I can tell that the last locksmith shows off more of your skill than the "Gubernat". Well done. Really nice shading. Gubernat....not so much.

Thanks for the feedback, don't get that to often. About the Gubernat Drawing. It was kinda a blueprint kinda drawing, and just the product of getting an idea onto paper. U see, I mentioned the Gubernat in what I had (key word, "Had") written in the Clockwork story. So, it was in a sense, a Reference picture, if anything.

Developed the Faction symbols and Showed the All around look of the Gubernat.
Don't worry, the Gubernat WILL make an appearance in another Very Detailed drawing and I hope it will look as good as I imagine it now.

537This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

artimies7 wrote:I'm going to upload them in...........

Look... I know what you mean and are trying to say. Your picture didn't help your cause at all tho.
I recall Saying I could not pick a Good looking eye to go with the Character & pose. Tried many eyes, and they ALL took away form how she is Supposed to look.

538This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Dreadstunlock

Nikolai wrote:
Dreadstunlock wrote:Nikolai, well done on the last one, the Gubernat though is very poorly presented, now I know it's just a design, but I think you went too lazy on the last minute, because I can tell that the last locksmith shows off more of your skill than the "Gubernat". Well done. Really nice shading. Gubernat....not so much.

Thanks for the feedback, don't get that to often. About the Gubernat Drawing. It was kinda a blueprint kinda drawing, and just the product of getting an idea onto paper. U see, I mentioned the Gubernat in what I had (key word, "Had") written in the Clockwork story. So, it was in a sense, a Reference picture, if anything.

Developed the Faction symbols and Showed the All around look of the Gubernat.
Don't worry, the Gubernat WILL make an appearance in another Very Detailed drawing and I hope it will look as good as I imagine it now.

The thing is, even if it's just a production painting, it always needs to have a good sketch, and also light and shadow, especially because clients need to know straight away of what it's made out of, what it will look like under certain conditions, for all they know it's made out of plastic that's used for Mcdonalds toys.

Just because a painting is just a blueprint, doesn't mean you can let it look like crap, put more effort into it, that sketch alone, is only like 2 minutes long to draw. I've actually started to do sketches up to 1/2 hours long, and they are very presentable.

539This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Not going to be on for a bit I think. Mom is kicking me and Sister out of house..
Bye for now...

540This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Frist

Frist

o_o Okay..

Come back soon..

541This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:58 pm

Youchip

Youchip

Nikolai wrote:I Figured I Should Show My Original Style...Before I Started Emulating JollyJack's Style.
Just a random...sexyish...girl. lol
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Post10

random eh?
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 622104-yoko_portrait_large

542This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:58 am

artimies7

artimies7

Nikolai wrote:
artimies7 wrote:I'm going to upload them in...........

Look... I know what you mean and are trying to say. Your picture didn't help your cause at all tho.
I recall Saying I could not pick a Good looking eye to go with the Character & pose. Tried many eyes, and they ALL took away from how she is Supposed to look.

Okaiden. I'll just shut up now.

543This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Dreadstunlock wrote:
The thing is, even if it's just a production painting, it always needs to have a good sketch, and also light and shadow, especially because clients need to know straight away of what it's made out of, what it will look like under certain conditions, for all they know it's made out of plastic that's used for Mcdonalds toys.

Just because a painting is just a blueprint, doesn't mean you can let it look like crap, put more effort into it, that sketch alone, is only like 2 minutes long to draw. I've actually started to do sketches up to 1/2 hours long, and they are very presentable.

Well, it DID look a lot more Neat. Smooth line, Sharp edges, the works. But It has been smudged a lot, Because it is on one of the first few pages of the book, so it all smeared allover the back of the page before it. I guess I liked the smeared look to it. made it look old, as if it was sitting in a run down Factory for several ages.
idk :\

On another note. Things kinda straightened out with my mom. Long story that i am to lazy to go into detail about.

Thanks for being the only one who acknowledged and seemed to be worried. To be honest, I figured you forgot about me, and don't bother to check out my stuff anymore. Don't know why...so don't hurt me *cower*

544This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Dreadstunlock

Youchip@ You are nowhere near the experience to emulate JollyJack's work.

Nikolai@ If it makes you feel any better, I want to work as a Concept Artist in the Entertainment Industry, and me and my dad got into a fist fight, he was left with a bloodied nose which some of his blood is on my Antec 1200 fancase, and me with a bruised eye and a bruised knuckle.

Why did we have it? Because he kept telling me crap like, I need to go to a school/college/University to be good at Concept Art, that I need good grades, go to shit like Oxford or Howard, put my crap in exhibitions.

Then after 2 hours, he came back to my room on his feet kneeling for forgivness, with me? No matter how much you fight me, I love them all the same. Smile

But yeah, if you wanted the smeared factory look at this:

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Gallery_image_191

Don't be lazy, work hard on your presentation.

545This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Youchip

Youchip

Dreadstunlock wrote:Youchip@ You are nowhere near the experience to emulate JollyJack's work.

sorry
but
what are you talking about?
I actually cant figure it out

546This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:27 am

Dreadstunlock

Youchip wrote:
Nikolai wrote:I Figured I Should Show My Original Style...Before I Started Emulating JollyJack's Style.
Just a random...sexyish...girl. lol
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Post10

random eh?
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 622104-yoko_portrait_large

^ Zat.
|
|
|
|
|

547This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:29 am

Youchip

Youchip

what about it?
what does it have to do with jollyjack in the slightest?
and what does it have to do with me?
i was just pointing out that it looked like a familiar character

548This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Dreadstunlock

Woops, my apologies Youchip, I didn't notice the second bit where it says it's actually Nikolai's quote of saying emulating JollyJack's style. >< Woopsiedaisies, you are excused, out of my room Very Happy

549This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

why dose it seem like my Thread is a Chat room???

550This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Empty Re: This is my own Character Drawings Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

A Sketch I did today in School. Kinda Random and Different from what I Normally draw.
This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 10-19-11
(Note: Obviously not done)

So this year the Beaufort High School Engineers Club is participating in the Pumpkin Chuckin Contest of 2011 on Nov. 5

This is our Team Logo. Drawn and Designed by me.

Copy Write © Brian Bartholf Logo Design - 10/19/2011

This is my own Character Drawings - Page 22 Bhsfin11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum