Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What grinds your gears?

+71
pablowapsi
Auroralikethesunrise
waffllecat
RennisTora
KaZe
artimies7
Nighthawke
ugilick
CrimsonZeke
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Mr_M
TheGreatHibiki
3D Ninja
scienceguy8
Youchip
yellowrock
Felonious Exalt
Haventownsend
Ganthan
Latrans
Xenathos
Drunkenvalley
not_cenaris
rpx
dog3oy
Blacklite
Chells
Damien Darkside
Nikolai
Triskelli
Frist
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Paranoid
Aimereta
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
blind_dead_mcjones
cammyjag
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Trevon Fox
GoldenDragon
Forthwol
Sketchtastic
5c4rl37
xombie
Concrete
mariachidevil
cenaris
Winds
Leak
Jaebird
hiddenflame
Pandora
wolfpax181
26_9
BenRG
xivk
Stormcrow-18
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
MrFreeeman
Zaran
delicious lambchops
Pietja
75 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 29]

201What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:19 pm

xivk

Quite ze greedy/stupid world eh?

http://xivk.deviantart.com/

202What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:08 am

Pandora

Pandora

Couldn't sleep because of the pain in my throat. Woke up to look at it. It's swollen to the size of freakin' golf balls and has white spots all over it. Strep throat.

GREAT. Fucking PERFECT.

My boyfriend was kissing me and cuddling me for three days. Strep is HIGHLY contagious. He opens a show, a musical in a little over a week. ...Motherfucker...

203What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 pm

GoldenDragon

What grinds my gears right now is how the young men and women who go off to fight in Afghanistan, where they put their lives on the line every waking moment so we can sleep a little more soundly at night, and so something as devastating as 9/11 can never happen again, sometimes come home not to a heroes welcome like they damn well deserve, but to things like people saying how they are fighting a "pointless" war.

Imo I think those who take the time out of their lives to serve overseas deserve way more respect than they are getting.

204What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:52 am

Pietja

My friend is a soldier, and he goes there for a mission in the following moths for a year.
For the third time. He talked with me how "fun" is out there, especially now, when peasants are threatned by talibans. Earlier, he said they often brought lots of stuff to trade with common folk for their things - food, handiworks etc., it was sort of like a exchange trip where you could walk on mine.
He is allowed to bring camera, so he always brings some photos.

Oh, and he was also in Chad (Africa). The result of this is the fact, that he became racist because he had to work with degenerated, greedy and lazy folk.

And 9/11 - now nobody gives a damn about that, especially the soldiers. When they're asked why are they going there, most anwsers I hear is "for money". They don't want no respect, just clear, honest cash.

That is why the friend I've mentioned is learning english, french and arabic in his free time - to have qualifications to join mercenaries group (private security) wich earns often 10 times more for a single mission that is quite often easier than job in an army.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

205What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:05 pm

Pandora

Pandora

As far as the subject of soldiers go, yes, they deserve respect for the time and effort and hard work they put into what they do. When it actually means something to this country. WWII. That meant a whole hell of a lot. I respect those vets. Living or dead.

Iraq? We seriously need to get the hell out. We have no reason to be there anymore. A friend of mine is a Marine that got sent there, he was bored out of his mind. Hated it there. Said there was no reason for being there. It's bleeding money out of the US, not protecting it. Those soldiers that are getting bored in a place they don't need to be could be put somewhere else that would be more productive and that wouldn't suck out the economy. That's what people mean by a "pointless" war. It's not disrespecting the soldiers, saying that their job is pointless, far from it. It means that they're potential is being wasted.

And Chad, it depends on what part of Chad you go to. The refugee camps aren't full of people who are degenerate because they want to be, or because they are lazy or greedy. They are there because they have no other choice. It's either run to Chad and try to live off just about nothing, or stay in Sudan and get massacred. Genocide is a lose-lose situation.

206What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:07 am

cenaris

cenaris

My frikkin' laptop is not playing ball with me. I got Age of Empire III yesterday. It's a fun game to learn and play. About 30-40 mins in, the computer just switches off, no warning at all. It did this twice as a vista system and twice since yesterday when I first played the game on 7. And then to add insult, it turns off again when I try and log back into windows.

I have no idea what it is since there appears to be no dust and the system never seems to get very hot most of the time.

207What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:54 am

xivk

cenaris wrote:My frikkin' laptop is not playing ball with me. I got Age of Empire III yesterday. It's a fun game to learn and play. About 30-40 mins in, the computer just switches off, no warning at all. It did this twice as a vista system and twice since yesterday when I first played the game on 7. And then to add insult, it turns off again when I try and log back into windows.

I have no idea what it is since there appears to be no dust and the system never seems to get very hot most of the time.

The game might just not work well with your graphix card or somthin... Does it make any wierd noises?

http://xivk.deviantart.com/

208What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:06 am

Pietja

I've heard lots of folks have the same problem as you do, Cenaris. And yes, they don't notice any kind of overheating.
If I were you, I'd log onto AOE3 Heaven Forums, give your CPU specs (from DxDiag) and describe the problem.
Maybe those would help.

But honestly, if you want to know my opinion Age Of Empires 2 : The Age Of Kings is still 10 times better than AOE3 Very Happy.

Grinding me gears - that my 13 y.o. bro is a pusseyh.
My mother called me for an assistance, because my younger brother got bullied by some folks. I've faced the same situation when he was ten, so I was asked for help.
I had to simply scare these young punks. You know, catch few of them, hang on a tree branch by their shoelaces & such. And there was never annother sing of bullying.
This time there are new folks who pick on my brother, and heck, if I have to I'll help, but then I'll do the same as I did before - I'll smack that kin of mine even harder than some 13-15 y.o. punks would.
Thing is, I had to deal with this kind of stuff on my own - I was brawling when I was seven, ten, twelve, fivetenn and sixteen. And nevermind the outcome - I've lost, and I've won, such is life - after a good punch in the nose every problem was solved, there was no more picking on my person. So it pisses me off that I have to do the dirt for my brother. I don't like fighting, I'm not very good at it, but if it's a must - it's a must.
Now he's more to go "b'awww" and cry in corner. I totally don't see any resemblance between me & him, not at all. Good or bad - I'm not the one to judge.

I'll deal with those bullies, oh, I will. But smacking some teenagers while being adult is a dangerous thing to do and I'll also have to smack my bro, even harder than them.
Either he learns to defend himself or he'll be doing the talking with me.
I wish the best for him, but I won't allow him to be a wuss, just like I wouldn't allow my sister to be a hoe.

But, on the other hand, I think I'll have some grotesque joy in scaring these punks...
Twisted Evil

209What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:46 pm

Pandora

Pandora

I swear, if I hear that motherfucking flute joke from American Pie one more GODDAMN time, I will take my flute and shove it up the ass of the next person who says it, and then make disgusting, humilitating sexual jokes at them until they can't be seein in public without someone commenting about how they were made my bitch.

Seriously, I have fucking HAD IT with that joke. I'M SICK OF IT. It's disgusting, it's NOT FUNNY. I played the flute for 8 years and since I started, EVERYONE outside of the band class that asked me what I played that stupid, overused joke. EVERY. ONE. FOR 8 FUCKING YEARS. No one has given me ANY RESPECT as a musician because they were all too GODDAMN IMMATURE to get over that stupid fucking joke. I have NEVER been to band camp. We did not have a band bus. We did NOT play at foot ball games. Even if we had, I would NEVER FUCKING DO THAT and I swear to jesus christ, the next immature little fuck who says that can seriously GO FUCK THEMSELVES with their own instrument because I have absolutely HAD IT, HAD IT, HAD IT with that STUPID, IMMATURE, DISGUSTING CHILDISH JOKE. GROW THE HELL UP.

210What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:49 pm

cenaris

cenaris

I didn't think anyone liked/cared about American Pie enough anymore to bother with the flute joke. Seeing as it's has three terrible straight to video sequels.

It wasn't a funny joke anyway.

211What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Pietja

In Polish schools everybody had to deal with the *le gasp!* flutes. Not those professional, but those cheap, ugly pink ones. When I still had mine they were sold at a price of 3$, that's 12zlotys. Sound, that they've produced was awful, looks also. Now these could work far more better as a sex toys, honsetly.
That is why I've had to bring my guitar during the junior high peroid. Hated those cheap immitations. Still, I love the sound of woodwind instruments.

I actually had to check out that joke of yours as I never, ever wanted to see American Pie
. It wasn't insulting, it wasn't funny, it wasn't disgusting.
But hey, that's aunt Lilly! Very Happy

And, while we're at it - in Poland there isn't any proper musical/art education. It's being even farther withdrawn because of the following :

1. money - goverment wants to save money, just like always - on educational system and healthcare.
2. practical usage - art and music are not practical, after all, aren't they?
3. parents (idiotic ones) will - parents think the above (point 2).

So, if a parent isn't a musician/artist or if he isn't set on educating his kid in that direction, the child will most likely won't even think about going to a music/art school and in normal ones he won't lear a thing.

And thus, more artistically challenged folk grows up, more crap music & so called art appears.

Aw, hell :-(.

212What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:41 pm

mariachidevil

mariachidevil

It was 45 degrees yesterday and my room is like an oven this morning, it probably won't get much cooler

213What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Oh, you'd be surprised. You'd be very surprised. I have never been asked if it's hard to play the flute. I have never been asked how old I was when I started playing. I have never even been asked if I've been to band camp. Nope. The only thing I ever hear is that stupid joke.

And there was more than three sequels by the way.

And it IS insulting to ME when I was an actual, ligitimate flautist, and I get absolutely no respect at all. Just a bunch of idiots laughing at their own immature joke and asking me if I've ever fucked myself with my flute.

214What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:43 am

Pietja

Pandora wrote:I have never been asked if it's hard to play the flute.

You see, these choice of words alone make most of the males to imagine things - "was it HARRRD to learn the flute?". I'd say that. But I treat these kind of respones as a filter, but nevermind that.
That kind of reaction, by the way, is considered by doctors and psychologist alike to be a healthy and proper one. Empathy and the feeling of momentum is important as it will guide us and advise if we should say what maybe we shouldn't.

And, while we're at it, at disrespecting and respecting someones talents I want to rant about my nation issue.

Polish people have it and Japanese people have it - both of them don't like being praised or, at least they don't know how to recieve that praise.
Poles are shy and very critical when it comes to recieving praises, I have that, my friends have that, their friends have that and seriously, I don't know anyone that can accept praising well.
I don't know about critique, because it's a more personal matter than praises.

But fact is a fact - we're to modest in an old fashioned way. Heck, if someone praises us too much we often find it suspicious and tend to call that person a looney. I guess that's the way the history shaped us, but I think it's time to change.

I'd love to say "thank you" to someone who praised my work and not feel uncomfortable, instead saying "it's nothing", "you're joking", or "not at all".

Yet, somehow I can't. Something inside me is written like in a stone. And I guess many of my friends have same words cut in their minds.

In modern times, in western world, modesty is not a good thing to have.

215What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:41 am

Pandora

Pandora

That's exactly what I'm talking about Pietja. You KNOW what I meant when I said that. You're also ignoring why I said it. NO ONE has asked me if it's a difficult instrument to play. NO. They just keep on with those stupid, immature, disrespectful jokes.

Seriously, how would you like it if I asked you if you'd ever fucked yourself in the ass with your guitar every time you mentioned you play it? Didn't ask you anything else. Just giggled immaturely and said "Heh, do you fuck yourself with it?" And nothing else. That's basically what I deal with.

216What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Pietja

My response?

"I did it. Many times. It was fu***n' fantastic. You should try it too, I'm sure you'd love that!"

or something like that.

Belive me, with that kind of response nobody would ever repeat that kind of question again.

Maybe you just gave them wrong anwsers?

I guess I can assume that those jokes were made in larger groups of people by some wise-guys who liked to be in a center of attention, can I? If that's so, the only way to deal with that kind of person is to strike back with a counter while their friends are near and listen. If you're sly and cunning (and I think that I can belive that you are), you'll come up with a riposte that will douse those kind of people on a spot. Only a pothead wouldn't understand that kind of response.

Well, that works for me, at least.

217What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Zaran

Zaran

I know how you feel Pandora, I use to play the flute myself before I switched to the trombone. People would sometimes go up to me and ask how the mouthpiece felt, did it feel good, other crap jokes. Usually, I would just ignore them and they would usually go away. But occasionally, to the ones that really persist, I would only say, "I don't know you tell me." The jackasses would sputter while the people who were actually curious about a flute gave me a blank look.

On a side note, I would like to mention that flute has an excellent swing range Very Happy

http://zaranr.deviantart.com

218What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Pietja:
Jeezuz, you really don't like to listen to me, do you? NO, the jokes were NOT made by some wise-guys in groups. I said in my original post about it, and a few posts AFTER as well, EVERYONE. EVERYONE outside of my actual band class. Whether they be wise-guy assholes, friends, regular class-mates, drama-club members, fuck, my own damn family. (My dad thought that joke was just the funniest thing EVER.) For. EIGHT. GODDAMN. YEARS. I don't even play anymore, and I STILL get that stupid fucking joke. Believe me, I tried every damn trick in the book. It only gave them MORE fuel to make disgusting sex jokes about me. Shit, when I was 14 years old, there were rumors flying around the school that I was going to do some really nasty sexual things with my flute. Which of course turned into rumors about me doing really nasty things with my boyfriend. Mayb it worked for you, but for me, it just made things worse. NOW do you get why I hate that fucking joke so much? Oh, and to answer your question, if I were anything like the people I had to deal with, yeah, I would repeat that question to you. Every opportunity I got. Relentlessly. I might even go so far as to start spreading nasty rumors about you. Because that's what people did to me.

Zaran: Unfortunately, I wasn't so lucky as to even have people around who were actually curious about it. Like I said, no one has ever asked me if it's diffucult to play. No one has ever asked me how old I was when I started playing. No one asked me anything out of legitimate interest in the istrument at all. And still to this day, no one's even ever apologized to me for the stupid sexual jokes.

219What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Pietja

Wise guys in groups - basicly everyone who said that joke in public so that other could hear it. Either if it's your closest social group, family or overall school society. There is always the one who starts the joke, a wise guy, so other could follow. Another wise guys.
The fact that it didn't worked for you only shows how malignant kids can be and how those who surrounded you had no sense and taste.
The other thing that worked for my was to give a beating to the most irritating guy. Heck, I did that after I've had to move to annother city with my parents. I was ten back then. One freckled stinker tried to bully the "new guy". After a week his nose had an appointment with my knuckles. It's a funny thing, because this guy is now a person that I can describe as my best friend Very Happy.
But I guess that kind of solution wouldn't work for you.
And if you would repeat it constantly, if you would be the one who spreads these rumors I would have to pound you. People who act like that were always the most annoying kind and if nothing else speaks to them, maybe good ol' violence will. No matter of the gender, even though I'd get a bad label, maybe even worse than this fictional that you'd try to cook for me.

But, aside that, I think I've met a zoophile today.

I had an appointment with a client in his ap. at 13:30. I had to connect him to the net, he said that he wanted fast connection for live streaming and an external IP.
So I came into his ap, and first thing I've noticed was awfull smell. Dang, how it stank down there! Second, there was no carpets, no furniture, just bed, a camera tripod and a CPU on the cardboard box. And then, when I came further I saw... a fukken goat staring at me.
Goat in a small appartament. Smelly, dirty. A tripod for a camera. And guy wanted FAST connection and EXTERNAL IP. Add to that he looked like a lumberjack on steroids.

I came out of that place wondering what I just saw. And I'm nearly 100% sure that guy plows that goat and make movies about that.

Strange fukken world, isn't it? Very Happy

220What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:13 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Wow...uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure you did just walk out of the apartment of a man who likes to plow farm animals. That's...really fucking weird...

221What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:16 am

Leak

Leak

Grinding my gears?

Borrowing a friends pre-paid card for our local multiplex cinema to see Avatar a second time with my dad, going to the checkout there to get the reserved cards then having the dumb f*** at the window make my dad pay in cash, totally ignoring the pre-paid card he gave her, THEN (when we complained about it after we realized what went wrong) getting the difference between the regular price and the pre-paid price (2 point something euros) back in cash AND having the pre-paid price deducted from the card when we thought she was just checking if there really was a reservation made for the card...

So we basically got 2 tickets but paid for 4... ARGH.

Of course, I only found this out today when I asked my friend who owns the pre-paid card to check online to make sure they HADN'T charged the card...

222What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 am

Pietja

Pandora wrote:Wow...uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure you did just walk out of the apartment of a man who likes to plow farm animals. That's...really fucking weird...

I wasn't sure if he really likes these kind of things.
I did my job (connected the guy to the net) and walked away.
I told the boss about it, we laughed, and said to forget it. Internet provider is not responsible for the material that goes into the net. And thank heavens for that.

Got a fight with a 15 year old punk.

I was driving back home, road near my flat is snowed and it's hard to get through it, and in the middle of it stands a young fella, although of a collosi posture - over 2 metres high, bulky, talking to a girl. So I honk at him to step aside. He gave me a middle finger, so I stepped on a gas to scare him. He jumped back, made angry face, and kicked my rearview mirror.
So, obviously angered, I stepped out to ask just what the fuck, and just as I walked out, he sent a punch into my face. Strong bastard, cut my eyebrow and currently I have a beutiful purple frame around my eye. I nearly fell on snow, stars are flying in front of me and he makes annother. Fortunately, adrenaline started to flow into my system and somehow I covered myself and while he was taking back his hand I sent my card to him. I was lucky, as he slipped on the ice while trying to dash backwards, so I jumped at him and started to mash up his face. I broke his nose and menaged to give him a black eye.
And then, girl called for a police. I allowed her to as I knew who's fault was that whole mess.
Police came, wrote down out names and it turned out that I was fighting with a fifteen year old guy. I belive my eyes were big like tangerines when I heard that. I nearly pissed myself knowing what I could get for beating up an underage person. Add to that, that his girl was telling lies about the incident and I had no witnesess.
Police took us to a station and checked our files. That was my life-saver - apparently, the guy was already noted for initiating fights, possesion of weed and other minor offenses. So, they wrote my version of the story, called for parents of that guy and told me to go home, that I'm clear. I've talked with his parents wich happened to be a very nice and reasonable bunch, I kind of felt sorry for them, so I declined when they offered (!) to cover the expenses of my rearview mirror. How come such a good people could have such a bastardious son?

So, area around my eye is swollen, my car is missing one mirror. Oh, and I forgot to mention that his girl scratched my face a little. I'm pissed and pumped, because when I'm exposed to agression I tend to react the same.
Currently, before writing this I had to punch walls to calm down, so now my knuckles are ragged. I'm tired and a little more calmer. But I swear, if it wasn't that hoe of his I wouldn't stop making a pudding out of his face.

Arghhh!! I need an outlet!

223What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:49 am

GoldenDragon

What grinds my gears right now is that I just got back from getting my braces tightened and my teeth hurt like hell, now i'll barely be able to eat anything normally for a few days.

224What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:57 am

Pandora

Pandora

Grinding my gears, I post that my callback for Taming of the Shrew was on Tuesday, still. Not a fucking word from ANYONE. Nobody. Not a peep. Not even from my own friends.

But my boyfriend gets all kinds of wishes for good luck and congratulations and whatnot. Our callback was on tha same day. Same time. Same place.

225What grinds your gears? - Page 9 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:52 pm

cenaris

cenaris

My art "skills". I can't even consider calling them skills anymore. I try drawing but they just come out crap as far as I'm concerned. I don't know why I still bother to be honest. I keep on drawing thinking I'll improve and all it does is makes me wonder why people don't improve just by putting pen to paper.

I. hate. Art blocks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum