Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What grinds your gears?

+71
pablowapsi
Auroralikethesunrise
waffllecat
RennisTora
KaZe
artimies7
Nighthawke
ugilick
CrimsonZeke
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Mr_M
TheGreatHibiki
3D Ninja
scienceguy8
Youchip
yellowrock
Felonious Exalt
Haventownsend
Ganthan
Latrans
Xenathos
Drunkenvalley
not_cenaris
rpx
dog3oy
Blacklite
Chells
Damien Darkside
Nikolai
Triskelli
Frist
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Paranoid
Aimereta
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
blind_dead_mcjones
cammyjag
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Trevon Fox
GoldenDragon
Forthwol
Sketchtastic
5c4rl37
xombie
Concrete
mariachidevil
cenaris
Winds
Leak
Jaebird
hiddenflame
Pandora
wolfpax181
26_9
BenRG
xivk
Stormcrow-18
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
MrFreeeman
Zaran
delicious lambchops
Pietja
75 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 29]

126What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:38 am

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

Would like to note that he doesn't exactly feel Leak's pain since he isn't a Fan of Star Trek.

127What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 am

cenaris

cenaris

Trevon Fox wrote:You know what really Grinds my Gears?! Being a script writer but having none to right a script for... or at least have the artistic skills to draw out your sh*t!

Why have I been cursed with such an existence?!

Ohhh, a fellow scriptwriter.

I'd like to think I am. Or at least I've written scripts for the past few college projects I've been doing.

Watch a movie or TV or play video games. That always helps me. Or write from experience. The last college project, which I've just written is based on the writer's block I've been having. If I can write a story based on not having ideas, I'm sure you can think of something.

128What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 am

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

Well I really meant besides the book and manga I am writing simultaneously. I want to beable to draw the manga I just can't TT-TT

129What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:04 am

cenaris

cenaris

That my MSN sometimes signs me in and sometimes doesn't. It's not even allowing me right now.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....

130What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Lazarus Firenze

Lazarus Firenze

I do writing too. Currently working on a Sci Fi series of the First Galactic War in 2152. Oh yeah...

131What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:46 pm

GoldenDragon

I suppose you guys are right in regard to me setting my expectations too high, at least I have a good start, because I already have the perfect art school to sign up for, plus a great tablet + Photoshop. All I need now is some experience.

132What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:54 am

Lazarus Firenze

Lazarus Firenze

Good. You need a lot of practise. Everyone does. It keeps your skills fresh and ready.

You also need to find a style of painting that suits you. Im still finding mine. I used to blend most areas on the picture to make it smooth, but now Im moving to a more cartoony approach with sharp lines across.

133What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:28 am

mariachidevil

mariachidevil

It was 39 sodding degrees in Melbourne today. THIRTY NINE. (That's 102 F)

It's not even late december, we aren't supposed to be getting these sorts of temperatures for at least a month...

134What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 am

Pietja

Heck, be glad or borrow me some degrees.
The weatherman announced this morning that it's gonna be -20 degrees in Warsaw on this Saturday.

And during the next week I'm gonna work mostly outside.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

135What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:16 am

26_9

Strange thing...
If I am wearing my winter coat,I am freezing,but if I am wearing my authmn one,I amn't!

136What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Zaran

Zaran

Trevon Fox wrote:You know what really Grinds my Gears?! Being a script writer but having none to right a script for... or at least have the artistic skills to draw out your sh*t!

Why have I been cursed with such an existence?!

Same here, I have five stories in the making, yet I haven't written any new chapters for them for a few months now. Everytime I try, I just stop after a few bad sentences. Why can't I get that spark I had a year ago??? Where I was literally writing pages every week and my imagination was on a high. Hell I'm starting to lose my grip on proper grammar now...

http://zaranr.deviantart.com

137What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

I know how you feel exactly Zaran, truly I do.

138What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:49 pm

Zaran

Zaran

Life sucks like that...

139What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Pandora

Pandora

What grinds my gears is when customers decide to not put things back where they found them and just toss the clothes where ever they feel like. It trashes the store and I'm left to clean up their mess.

140What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

When I see such things in stores randomly without though put the items where there supposed to go if I know. Especially if I am in a game store.

141What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:13 am

Pietja

Pandora wrote:What grinds my gears is when customers decide to not put things back where they found them and just toss the clothes where ever they feel like. It trashes the store and I'm left to clean up their mess.

That's what you get paid for.
I put clothes back to where they belong, sometimes I ask for help to file a shirt or something, because I'm simply unable to do it the way the shop wants. I appologize for the trouble and this is what I hear "no problem, that's why they pay me"/"this is my duty", "that's my job" etc.
But I agree that if the store is not to big, there is no excuse for tossing.

142What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:03 pm

Pandora

Pandora

What I'm paid to do is help customers, put the merchandise out that we are delivered, make money for the store, and assist other employees and do what the manager tells me. I'm not there to clean up after a bunch of slobs.

143What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:18 pm

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

Waiting for more things to read Grinds my gears TT~TT

144What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:19 pm

Pietja

Flu on Chistmas?

Yes, it's annoying. Especially when one have to make a some kind of supper on 24.12.

I've got to eat at least one dish with my paretns and rush home to treat two ladies with some modest menu.

Oh, and prestents. Still haven't bought annything for my parents.

I prefer easter over christmas, I tell ya that. Christmas, especially these commercial ones piss me off.

Like good ol' Eb Scrooge said : "Christmas is time when you have to pay bills when you have no money, you realize you're one year older and not earned a dime more" (quoted from memory).

145What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:31 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Getting sick two days before Christmas...having to work until midnight (and a bit after) three shifts in a row.

Oh, and:

"Christmas is a loving, honest and charitable time. Though it hasn't put a bit of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe it has done me good, and will do me good, and I say God bless it!"

Also quoted from memory.

146What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Zaran

Zaran

Biting my tongue. Hard.

147What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:43 am

Pandora

Pandora

Zaran wrote:Biting my tongue. Hard.

Ouch...X(

148What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:50 am

Lazarus Firenze

Lazarus Firenze

Having to put your dog in the kennels while you go to Canada with the family to go skiing.... Poor Daisy... Sad

149What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Pietja

Giving is only good when well recieved, thus, no one likes to give me stuff, because I'm not easy to satisfy and I'm very picky. Honestly, I'd rather get nothing than something that isn't my cup of tea. I guess, I have that after my father, and he got it from his, but I'm worse - I tend to express my opinion about bad choices of gifts.

And on these Christmas, a dear, young girl, my friend and one of the reasons I've found peace of mind during troubling times gave me a trilby. A felt, black trilby.
I don't like hats. The only ones I like are cowboy hats made of leather, I have one for summer. It's eight years old, ragged, and smells of leather, smokes and alcohol - it's a stylish memento.

But trilbys... how to put it...

I F**** HATE TRILBIES!!

Seriously, I have the urge to kill those teenage stinkers who wear that piece of scheise out in public! And after pretending to be happy about the "great choice" I have to wear it sometimes, at least when I'm with Nadia.
Normally, I'd say that I don't like it to any other person - my mother, my father, brother, friend, even her mother - I don't care. But somehow telling a 11-year old girl that she spent her allowance money for a rag that I'd rather eat then wear is not looking too attractive for me.
And belive me - seeing her dissapointed, angry or sad is the most gut-wrenching thing that I've ever experienced from annother person. Or maybe it's just me, I don't know.

But here I am, stuck with this ugly thing next to me, and her sleeping in the next room, wondering if I should make a little fire...

Damn, I hate those kind of situations.

150What grinds your gears? - Page 6 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:07 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Even if you don't like something, you can still gracefully accept a gift someone gives you without hurting their feelings. I do that all the time with my mom. She hates my style of clothing, so she buys stuff that she would prefer I wear. Naturally, it's not my style. I still thank her for it. Some of my friends actually like the style, so I give it to them and nothing has to go to waste and no one gets hurt or offended.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum