Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey kid...

+20
zombiepancakes
26_9
ElektroNeko
Silvador
vevans0009
The Old Wolf
Xikar
extraintelligence
Jillster
Moonman
SPRoss
DarkAngel
Aimereta
Riikano-Alinaris
Particleman
BenRG
Ganthan
raleurc
wolfman-al
Xudmud
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hey kid... Empty Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:24 am

Xudmud

Xudmud

Hey kid... SA_0830_small
Wonder how Art is gonna explain his way out of this one...

2Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:09 am

wolfman-al

wolfman-al

God damn it, Hipster-Art...

http://www.airpatrolonline.net

3Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:21 am

raleurc

raleurc

What is it with them and child molesting misunderstandings? Razz

4Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:14 am

Ganthan

I think the answer to this is because the idea continues to permeate our society that video games "Are intended for kids." It really does exasperate me that the older generation keep thinking this.

How many people here know at least one person who refers to video games collectively as Nintendo?

*raises own hand*

5Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 am

BenRG

BenRG

The little rat in human form did that deliberately! Mad

6Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Particleman

Now I'm wondering it if would have been better or worse if he'd called it a 3.5 inch disk, instead.

7Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Riikano-Alinaris

Ganthan wrote:I think the answer to this is because the idea continues to permeate our society that video games "Are intended for kids." It really does exasperate me that the older generation keep thinking this.

I still play Pokémon Crystal version, after... 12 years? God, I'm old... but you just can't stop doing something funny (unless it's illegal). I mean, what's the difference with golf?

And now we finally see what that optician gave to Art hundreds strips ago.

8Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Aimereta

Aimereta

It's a little weird seeing Art with glasses, I have to admit.

I personally loved Wreck-It-Ralph, but I know quite a few who didn't. Sure, the puns were horrendous, but I had a massive nostalgia/nerd-gasm at seeing all my old faves on one screen (er, well, most of them anyway). Ah well.

The funny one for me isn't asking people if they remember what a floppy is, but if they have any idea what I mean when I say DOS Wink lol. Or Zork.

Last edited by Aimereta on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Childishness XD hehe 69 hehe)

http://www.freewebs.com/aimereta

9Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:20 pm

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Hey, Art, "kiddy" things can be fun too!

Also: AAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!

Why don'cha offer the tyke a Candy Cane 2.0 while your at it Laughing

10Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:25 pm

SPRoss

SPRoss

Ganthan wrote:I think the answer to this is because the idea continues to permeate our society that video games "Are intended for kids." It really does exasperate me that the older generation keep thinking this.

How many people here know at least one person who refers to video games collectively as Nintendo?

*raises own hand*

*raises two hands*

11Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:27 pm

SPRoss

SPRoss

From now on, Kat should be the only cast member allowed to talk to children. Unlesssodaisinvolved.

12Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Moonman

Moonman

I'm just picturing Kat in the background frantically trying to wave him off the moment she hears him say 'floppy'.

13Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Jillster

I think this is too soon on the heels of "Candy Cane 2.0" unless it's part of the same story arc....

14Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:49 pm

extraintelligence

extraintelligence

The kid is actually an android built by Jack to get the whole group sent to prison before he tries to take over the world again.

15Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Xikar

Xikar

I really loved Wreck It Ralph. While I would have liked to see more classic and retro material I understand why it wasn't there. The licensing fees would have been half the budget.

Also I feel there is a missing panel of Art looking outside a police car like Scarlet was.

16Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:45 pm

The Old Wolf

The Old Wolf

I'm old; I stopped playing video games with DN3D... I waited 12 years for DN Forever, and endured all the jokes, and kept the faith, only to have a half-developed POS put out linked to Steam, for Mogg's sake, and with no level editor; I played Warcraft I through WoW only vicariously through my now-grown children, and could never get past the first level of Mario I. I can't speak for the little kids. I know I loved the movie more than almost any other I've seen recently. I do suspect that the inability to get the old-gamer jokes is probably non-essential for a little tyke's enjoyment of the movie. Like Looney Tunes, only about 30% of the jokes are for the kids, and they still enjoy them; adults get the icing on the cake.

17Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Riikano-Alinaris

extraintelligence wrote:The kid is actually an android built by Jack to get the whole group sent to prison before he tries to take over the world again.

Obviously he's the same Scarlet asked too.

18Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:49 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

Oh...my...god. That was so fucking hilarious!!! Laughing

How can the kid not know the word disk!? Art said it very clearly to him and yet he mispronounced it!!! Even my 5 year-old cousin would not miss that up!!! Shocked

19Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:12 pm

raleurc

raleurc

vevans0009 wrote:Oh...my...god. That was so fucking hilarious!!! Laughing

How can the kid not know the word disk!? Art said it very clearly to him and yet he mispronounced it!!! Even my 5 year-old cousin would not miss that up!!! Shocked

Because Sex Ed > Computer Science.

20Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:49 pm

BenRG

BenRG

cruelar wrote:
vevans0009 wrote:Oh...my...god. That was so fucking hilarious!!! Laughing

Because Sex Ed > Computer Science.
Precisely. The whole concept of any removable media that could be described as a 'floppy disc' has been dead for at least 20 years, removable diskettes died with the ZIP-250 about five to ten years back and I'm pretty sure that the CD-ROM/DVD won't survive the rapid increase in reliability and low cost of Flash drives.

And, as cruelar pointed out, modern state education puts more emphasis on sex education than anything 'hard' that might benefit someone in adult life.

21Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Silvador

Next arc: Kat's misunderstanding sexual harassment arrest followed closely by Pip's legitimate sexual harassment arrest.

Then a single strip showing the entire gang sitting silently in a jail cell together, wondering how things amounted to that situation, and Pip casually munching on chips as though none of it means anything.

22Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:03 pm

ElektroNeko

ElektroNeko

SPRoss wrote:

*raises own hand*

*raises two hands*

*raises hand too*

Even worse: I know someone who calls every animation "disney films"...

http://elektroneko.tumblr.com

23Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Xudmud

Xudmud

I bet next panel is going to show Art at the police station, where he possibly fakes insanity to get out of getting the sex offender label. (either that, or he and the officers will have a good laugh at the disk/dick mixup)

Unrelated, I have to say I hated those removable disks. I had this rather odd ability to magically corrupt them so they had to be reformatted. Really a pain when I didn't have a handy email address to get files to/from school (and no Dropbox at the time)

24Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:29 am

26_9

xfullmetal17 wrote:I bet next panel is going to show Art at the police station, where he possibly fakes insanity to get out of getting the sex offender label.

xfullmetal17 wrote:
(either that, or he and the officers will have a good laugh at the disk/dick mixup)

I guess the boy was too young to make difference between "dick" and "disk".
Anyway, how about NONE OF POLICE WAS BOTHERED THAT DAY ending.

25Hey kid... Empty Re: Hey kid... Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 am

26_9

Jillster wrote:I think this is too soon on the heels of "Candy Cane 2.0" unless it's part of the same story arc....

Too cheap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum