Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey kid...

+20
zombiepancakes
26_9
ElektroNeko
Silvador
vevans0009
The Old Wolf
Xikar
extraintelligence
Jillster
Moonman
SPRoss
DarkAngel
Aimereta
Riikano-Alinaris
Particleman
BenRG
Ganthan
raleurc
wolfman-al
Xudmud
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 am

26_9

26_994 wrote:
xfullmetal17 wrote:I bet next panel is going to show Art at the police station, where he possibly fakes insanity to get out of getting the sex offender label.

xfullmetal17 wrote:
(either that, or he and the officers will have a good laugh at the disk/dick mixup)

I guess the boy was too young to make difference between "dick" and "disk".
Anyway, how about NONE OF POLICE WAS BOTHERED THAT DAY ending, without any trouble?

27Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 am

Riikano-Alinaris

BenRG wrote:
cruelar wrote:
vevans0009 wrote:Oh...my...god. That was so fucking hilarious!!! Laughing

How can the kid not know the word disk!? Art said it very clearly to him and yet he mispronounced it!!! Even my 5 year-old cousin would not miss that up!!! Shocked

Because Sex Ed > Computer Science.
Precisely. The whole concept of any removable media that could be described as a 'floppy disc' has been dead for at least 20 years, removable diskettes died with the ZIP-250 about five to ten years back and I'm pretty sure that the CD-ROM/DVD won't survive the rapid increase in reliability and low cost of Flash drives.

Until a couple of years ago I was responsible to realize the final version of a school newspaper made by children during summer games, because I was the only one that still had a computer with USB, CD and Floppy disk doors. Such a pain!

28Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 am

zombiepancakes

zombiepancakes

Hey kid... - Page 2 Image10
Well THAT escalated quickly............

Another thing........that lady IS Alex Kingston

29Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:13 pm

26_9

zombiepancakes wrote:Hey kid... - Page 2 Image10
Well THAT escalated quickly............

Another thing........that lady IS Alex Kingston

Kat! How about starting an argue? Or "You can't spell "ESSSSSSSSSS", boy?" line...

Kat: Wait a sec. You REALLY don't know what a diskette is?
A. Kingston: Since when such a thing as floppy ... I don't want to discuss it!
Art: No, YOU listen: DISSSSSSSSSK! Flop' diSSk. Diskette, in other words. Open a dictionary!

30Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Wildman7316

Wildman7316

BenRG wrote:
cruelar wrote:

How can the kid not know the word disk!? Art said it very clearly to him and yet he mispronounced it!!! Even my 5 year-old cousin would not miss that up!!! Shocked

Precisely. The whole concept of any removable media that could be described as a 'floppy disc' has been dead for at least 20 years, removable diskettes died with the ZIP-250 about five to ten years back and I'm pretty sure that the CD-ROM/DVD won't survive the rapid increase in reliability and low cost of Flash drives.

And, as cruelar pointed out, modern state education puts more emphasis on sex education than anything 'hard' that might benefit someone in adult life.

Not to be disagreeable, but there are times when (like with Games, Applications or Archives) where you DON'T want to be able to Erase/Write Over. DVD/Blu-Rays are great in that the Disk is big enough to be able to write a description with a fine line Sharpie that DOESN'T have to be Machine Read and small enough that storing a bunch of them doesn't eat up a lot of room while storing enough data to be worthwhile. Plus it's CHEAP. For what it would cost me to get a 32GB Thumb Drive/SD Card I can get 50 DVD-R's for 235 GB of Storage

31Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 am

extraintelligence

extraintelligence

Wildman7316 wrote:
BenRG wrote:
cruelar wrote:

And, as cruelar pointed out, modern state education puts more emphasis on sex education than anything 'hard' that might benefit someone in adult life.

Not to be disagreeable, but there are times when (like with Games, Applications or Archives) where you DON'T want to be able to Erase/Write Over. DVD/Blu-Rays are great in that the Disk is big enough to be able to write a description with a fine line Sharpie that DOESN'T have to be Machine Read and small enough that storing a bunch of them doesn't eat up a lot of room while storing enough data to be worthwhile. Plus it's CHEAP. For what it would cost me to get a 32GB Thumb Drive/SD Card I can get 50 DVD-R's for 235 GB of Storage

He didn't say they were better, he said they were getting better. Given enough time, disks will eventually be phased out by flash drives.

32Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 pm

indrejue

indrejue

so you are saying 50 burnable dvds cost about $15 because that is what i can get a 32 gig flash drive for. last i checked that would get me maybe 20 and they take up a lot more space and need so much more protection then a flash drive. do not worry soon enough film makers and others will catch on that dvd's are over rated bulky and way too easy to ruin with a simple scratch. if you wanted to get funky with a locked flash drive you could have a mini led display that would scroll the title of the movie/game along the flash drive when you press a button.

33Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Wildman7316

Wildman7316

indrejue wrote:so you are saying 50 burnable dvds cost about $15 because that is what i can get a 32 gig flash drive for. last i checked that would get me maybe 20 and they take up a lot more space and need so much more protection then a flash drive. do not worry soon enough film makers and others will catch on that dvd's are over rated bulky and way too easy to ruin with a simple scratch. if you wanted to get funky with a locked flash drive you could have a mini led display that would scroll the title of the movie/game along the flash drive when you press a button.

When you buy them a Thousand at a time? Easily. In addition, those "Archival" Quality DVD-r/+r's are Guaranteed for 25 Years with an expected Life Expectancy of over 100 (not that _I_ will care at that time) AND it's easy to prove in Court that the Data hasn't been Modified.

Flash Drive Data has a Life Expectancy of about 10 years. Just because a Flash Drive is "Locked" doesn't mean it can't be over/rewritten, all it takes is the right program. Your "Label" Idea sounds neat, how do you propose to power it? Might I remind you that ALL of the current Rechargeable Battery Systems have a Lifespan of around 5 to 7 years?

Sure you can make a CD/DVD "Unreadable" by making a Scratch on the Label Side (unless you've got the right Program), you think you can't make a Flash Memory unreadable through Physical Damage? Heck, they're only good for some Number of Cycles before they wear themselves out...

34Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:00 pm

indrejue

indrejue

your normal flash drive/ssd has a million read write cycle usability which is very high. true current systems only last 5 to 10 years i know that i was conceptualizing. there is already some copper nano tube battery concepts out there though that could last 30-50 years. powering small devices is probably going to be its first use as they will be expensive in larger sizes. a flash drive I as strong as the casing that is provided. did you ever see them test out old nes cartridges and subject them to extreme where and tear. you have to work at destroying a flash drive. a cd/dvd on the other hand has the data fully exposed that any little scratch can damage the disk irreparably.

35Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 am

Bugfish44

Gah! I know all these terms and I'm only 18! I'M OLD!!!!

36Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 am

extraintelligence

extraintelligence

Bugfish44 wrote:Gah! I know all these terms and I'm only 18! I'M OLD!!!!
No, you might be old if you knew how to properly use a type writer.

37Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:34 am

SPRoss

SPRoss

extraintelligence wrote:

Or you know what a ColecoVision is.

38Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:12 pm

raleurc

raleurc

extraintelligence wrote:

Shit.

39Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm

indrejue

indrejue

hey do not hate on type writer users

40Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:35 pm

extraintelligence

extraintelligence

Hey, I'm not hating on typists. I have a Lettera 22 myself, and I can use it almost as fast as the computer keyboard.

Additionally, put emphasis on the "might." As I said, I'm a typist, but I'm only twenty.

41Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:56 am

Riikano-Alinaris

extraintelligence wrote:

I had one. Still wondering where it could be.

42Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:44 am

26_9

extraintelligence wrote:

You know... I have B52 font to imitate a type writer, so when I have to "write" something, I pretend I have one instead of pen.
So, especially when I buy "warm yellow" paper, no one thinks I used Internet - sometimes people even think Internet uses me.

43Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:22 pm

Bugfish44

extraintelligence wrote:
I had a typewriter for three years during my childhood. I actually fixed and older gentleman's typewriter and my grandpa's office. But I have no idea what celovision is. You got me there.

44Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:57 pm

SPRoss

SPRoss

Bugfish44 wrote:
extraintelligence wrote:
I had a typewriter for three years during my childhood. I actually fixed and older gentleman's typewriter and my grandpa's office. But I have no idea what celovision is. You got me there.

I remember at one time thinking the ColecoVision console was the absolute coolest.

Wait! sorry, it was the Intellivision console with the overlays for each game, I loved.

Last edited by SPRoss on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting a mistake.)

45Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:07 pm

VM893

VM893

oh yeah just what the strip needed...more pedophilia jokes.

46Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Riikano-Alinaris

Gypsy Danger wrote:oh yeah just what the strip needed...more pedophilia jokes.
Wait, what?

47Hey kid... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey kid... Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:57 pm

VM893

VM893

relax, i was being sarcastic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum