Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cant think of a Scary Image...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cant think of a Scary Image... Empty Cant think of a Scary Image... Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 pm

LovelyDays

LovelyDays

As the strange person I am, I always wanted to make an picture or image so scary, so $&@%ed up that it will give anybody a bone chilling experience.

Like any other person usually what gets me to draw is an inspiration, but somehow that inspiration is not coming up. I looked all over the internet, I looked at the Dead Space series, the Resident Evil series, ghost stories, murder stories, and horror pictures. Yet none seems to give the thrill of being truly scared.

So will you aid me in my quest to find a frightening image?

PS:To make it more precises I want a image that does not hide or pop up, but rather an image that easily sighted and can still scare the crap out of you.

2Cant think of a Scary Image... Empty Re: Cant think of a Scary Image... Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:10 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

So no "shit brix" pics then?

3Cant think of a Scary Image... Empty Re: Cant think of a Scary Image... Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:11 pm

LovelyDays

LovelyDays

ya

4Cant think of a Scary Image... Empty Re: Cant think of a Scary Image... Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:13 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Darn... can't say I've ever actually seen a scary picture that is obvious...

5Cant think of a Scary Image... Empty Re: Cant think of a Scary Image... Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

You could probably make a pic of torture or something so grotesque that the viewer can only imagine what pain its in. For inspiration you could probably look up silent hill pics or other games similar to it.

6Cant think of a Scary Image... Empty Re: Cant think of a Scary Image... Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:20 am

Pietja

Maybe not image and maybe not scary, but if you want to have a really bad feeling in your guts for a long time after viewing, I'd "reccommend" you "Srpski Film" - "A Serbian Movie".

Google it for some reviews, you'll see what I mean.

As for the pictures... hrm... pictures of late polish painter Zdzislaw Beksinski may invoke uneasy feeling in some, see google graphics find.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

7Cant think of a Scary Image... Empty Re: Cant think of a Scary Image... Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:28 am

McClaw

You're fighting against human nature.

While there are some very common or nearly universal frightening things, individual response is too variable. Even the same individual will not respond the same way every time, either becoming acclimated or changing their focus.

My suggestion is to take your time and explore the subject with lots of drawings. Begin with the staples -- classic monsters, mythology, and popular memes. Review those, look for what seems disturbing about them, and incorporate those elements into new drawings. Repeat. Don't be afraid to incorporate new elements into the process, or revisit old ones. In time, you'll be creating some very scary images. Just don't expect to scare everyone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum