Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert"

+7
Sylentknight
camoskull
tigerfan51087
BenRG
Nikolai
Nighthawke
cenaris
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:04 am

cenaris

cenaris

And she's a cute one eh?
Moving on...
Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" SA_0636_small
Probably the best of Vanity so far.

2Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:02 am

Nighthawke

Nighthawke

Hmm, it looks like they were expected, the candles behind Vanity are lit. That language almost looks like old Celt or Viking runes. I'll wager that room is protected by charms and wards, keeping whatever is out there from getting in.

And poor Vanity was either bewitched or possessed by whatever lit those candles...

That slip of paper probably is more of a warning or a "tear sheet", describing evil creatures and advising the wielder as of what spells or charms to use on it.

I think I can expand on the fixation of the mouth during their lucid dreaming: In mystical circles the mouth is considered to be a major conduit for magical spells or direct access to a person's soul or power center. I don't THINK the creature that attacked them had anything to do with the face-sucking or kissing. Perhaps the entity that possessed Vanity?

Good to see Kat's ticking and kicking again. That shot to the head had me worried.

We're dealing with two or more entities here: Mr. Stoker (he needs to make another appearance), the critter in the lagoon, and the spirit that possessed Vanity.

3Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:55 am

Nikolai

Nikolai

"Release Da Kraken!!!!!!!"

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

4Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:36 am

BenRG

BenRG

VANITY: They look like spells for protection... and summoning.

If there was another panel to today's strip, I think it would have been Kat saying: "Ooohhh... crap. I just knew you were going to say that."

So, whoever set up that warded chamber likely summoned the tentacle beast. The question is: why? It is strongly unlikely to be for benevolent reasons. I'm still wondering whether Van was acting under orders to bring Kat to a place of safety or a place of sacrifice. affraid

5Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:41 am

cenaris

cenaris

BenRG wrote:
VANITY: They look like spells for protection... and summoning.

If there was another panel to today's strip, I think it would have been Kat saying: "Ooohhh... crap. I just knew you were going to say that."

So, whoever set up that warded chamber likely summoned the tentacle beast. The question is: why? It is strongly unlikely to be for benevolent reasons. I'm still wondering whether Van was acting under orders to bring Kat to a place of safety or a place of sacrifice. affraid

I can't help but wonder whether Vanity is the mastermind behind it all?

Even in movies where a particular is the mastermind behind it all, they can appear completely oblivious about it even running up to it.

6Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:45 am

BenRG

BenRG

cenaris wrote:I can't help but wonder whether Vanity is the mastermind behind it all?
If she is, it is on an unconscious level. The way they got into the catacombs in the first place definately showed a lack of conscious foreknowledge.

7Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:49 pm

tigerfan51087

Vanity's got voodoo, hoodoo, and things she hasn't even tried
and she knows Bram Stoker from the other side...

(why did i type this)

8Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:58 pm

cenaris

cenaris

tigerfan51087 wrote:Vanity's got voodoo, hoodoo, and things she hasn't even tried
and she knows Bram Stoker from the other side...

(why did i type this)

Her new theme tune.

9Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:42 pm

camoskull

camoskull

zomfg it are cthulhu affraid

10Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Sylentknight

Sylentknight

I'm not re-touching any of this...too easy.

As for all the occult stuff, I have to wonder if Vanity is about to get her own nemesis!
(insert thunder crash here)
DA DA DA DUM. Shocked

11Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:38 am

Pietja

Sylentknight wrote:I'm not re-touching any of this...too easy.

Yeah, I know...

... still...

Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Spockapproves

... it begged for it. Laughing

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

12Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:40 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

GODDAMN IT

13Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:50 pm

Black Mantha

Black Mantha

Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" SA_0656_Dragging

14Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:51 pm

photon

Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Things10
I swear I'm getting a reputation here.

15Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Empty Re: Vanity the "crazy voodoo expert" Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:22 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

STOP IT.

WE NEED A THREAD ABOUT THIS

ART SECTION

MAEK ONE

NAOW

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum