Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vanity Being Weird... Er

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:34 am

I really don't think that I could possibly describe the situation better than Kat in the last panel of today's strip.

That aside, I note that Vanity seems to be responding to far more detailed comments than Stoker's usual fairly simple communications that we've seen to date. Is Stoker occasionally more verbose than we've seen so far, or is Vanity merely 'filling in the blanks'?

Oh, and Kat, as your adventures are getting weirder, I suspect that you need to start disciplining yourself. There is no "leaving it in the car", especially if your life and, possibly, your eternal soul is at stake.

(Memo to Kat: Get Denziens to modify Pez dispensers into hand-held multi-payload railguns.)

View user profile

2 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:36 am

Probably mostly filling in the blanks. Or maybe he speaks too. God knows.

View user profile

3 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:55 am

We don't have any railguns. Ocelot stole them all.

View user profile

4 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:56 am

Hooray for Stoker-induced weirdness. Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:40 pm

I hate when people don't have their cellphones near their arses!

One of my friends always leaves it in the bathroom, near the toilet. Rolling Eyes

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

6 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Wait! Pretz is a zombie, right?

Now, everyone look at strip #231...

View user profile

7 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:53 pm

It's obvious Kat made the right choice not brining a cellphone. It just doesn't fit with haunted house convention.

View user profile

8 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:11 pm

tigerfan51087 wrote:Wait! Pretz is a zombie, right?

'
Pretz is more husk than human now. A shell filled with demonic energy. And according to our zombie expert in Zombieland: Rule #1: cardio. You don't want to be weighed down with 15-25lbs of Kevlar. Or else you'll just be a bulletproof meal on heels for some zombie.

Oh and #7: travel light, but not too light. Kat had it right, but she forgot to pack a piece. Then again, she never knew she would be encountering demonic hordes accompanied by a warped human husk they are using as an anchor to the human world.

Kick their butts girls!

Or kick whatever goes for butts on a demon...

View user profile

9 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Nighthawke wrote:
tigerfan51087 wrote:Wait! Pretz is a zombie, right?

'
Pretz is more husk than human now. A shell filled with demonic energy. And according to our zombie expert in Zombieland: Rule #1: cardio. You don't want to be weighed down with 15-25lbs of Kevlar. Or else you'll just be a bulletproof meal on heels for some zombie.

Oh and #7: travel light, but not too light. Kat had it right, but she forgot to pack a piece. Then again, she never knew she would be encountering demonic hordes accompanied by a warped human husk they are using as an anchor to the human world.

Kick their butts girls!

Or kick whatever goes for butts on a demon...

Bing Bang Bee!
Kick 'em in the knee!
Bing Bang Bass!
Kick 'em in the other knee!

View user profile

10 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:48 pm

But if she (somehow) managed to get Pretz trapped/exorcised with only the help of Vanity, Stoker, and candy guns, would she qualify for Zombie Kill of the Week?

and JollyJack, have you seen ZombieLand?

View user profile

11 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:25 pm

tigerfan51087 wrote:JollyJack, have you seen ZombieLand?

Yes.
The two girls in that are the dumbest people I have ever seen.
It's the end of the worl and they chose to head for......a fun-park?!
AND THEN TURN ON ALL THE LIGHTS??!!!

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

12 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:33 pm

jollyjack wrote:

Yes.

If there is ever a zombie apocalypse, I'm going to Cabela's. All the lights will be turned OFF. And I will eat beef jerky while I shoot zombies to pieces.

Haha.

View user profile

13 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:38 am

someone could make a topic about zombie defense strategies.

View user profile

14 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:40 am

Given that they are underground and IIRC somewhat out in the boonies as well its not likely that Kat's phone would be able to get a signal anyway (assuming that the Denizens haven't gotten at it at least), though leaving it behind is still pretty dumb.

View user profile

15 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:40 am

the good samaritan wrote:
jollyjack wrote:

Yes.

If there is ever a zombie apocalypse, I'm going to Cabela's. All the lights will be turned OFF. And I will eat beef jerky while I shoot zombies to pieces.

Haha.
im already making a stop there and getting all the jerky i can while on my way to defend alcatraz so. NO JERKY FO YOU

View user profile

16 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:18 pm

jollyjack wrote:

Yes.

Well, maybe they know they're going to die so they they just want to have a bit of fun on rides until the end.

I DON'T KNOW I GOT THAT FROM TVTROPES

View user profile

17 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:59 am

tigerfan51087 wrote:But if she (somehow) managed to get Pretz trapped/exorcised with only the help of Vanity, Stoker, and candy guns, would she qualify for Zombie Kill of the Week?

Well, it might be considered. But it's got to be as classy if not more than Ms. Knickerbocker dropping a piano on one from the roof of a church.

I dunno if any of Tallahassee's kills could be considered, aside from the one he bopped with his truck door.
Oh, and the number he did with a Banjo.

View user profile

18 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:27 am

Quote Pietja:
I hate when people don't have their cellphones near their arses!

One of my friends always leaves it in the bathroom, near the toilet. Rolling Eyes
Good place for it. I hate phones. Especially cell phones.

Quoth Ambrose Bierce:
Telephone, n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance.

Quoth Nighthawke:
Pretz is more husk than human now. A shell filled with demonic energy.
I agree, although, considering what Vanity told Kat in #637, Pretz simply hasn't died thanks to Zaz'vezaz's influence. Since he's most likely insane (you'd just about have to be in order to drag an eldritch abomination into the regular world), he probably hasn't been taking very good care of his body all those centuries and it shows. Regular people would have died long ago, but since Pretz can't, it's less demonic energy and more his body isn't being allowed to quit.

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

19 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:32 am

CyberCorn Entropic wrote:
Good place for it. I hate phones. Especially cell phones.

Well, I'm also not too fond of them, I miss times when you could crash into your friends house without having to listen "Man, you should have called", but since we have them and they make comunication easier, we should carry them along.

I wouldn't be pissed at my friend, but nowdays because of cell phones, many people don't have stationary phones, including him, so the only way to contact him is through his mobile phone.

He lost a chance to get a good job once because he wasn't on the phone after the interview and the employer called him twice.

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

20 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Quoth Pietja:
...but since we have them and they make comunication easier, we should carry them along.
That's why I don't like phones. At least dial-up blocks calls when it's in use.

I'm with Ruth (the ermine on the left in the comic below) from James Roberts' Bohemials.

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

21 Re: Vanity Being Weird... Er Today at 5:32 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum