Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

El Cenaris' plunderous thread for serious sketching.

+5
Nikolai
Clockwork
Pietja
Smelge
cenaris
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

AngelSineWings

AngelSineWings

You have a lot of creativity. Keep up the good work.

http://www.cagenail.deviantart.com

cenaris

cenaris

AngelSineWings wrote:You have a lot of creativity. Keep up the good work.

"Creativity" is my middle name...

Well, it's not really, but it's appreciated anyway Very Happy

AngelSineWings

AngelSineWings

cenaris wrote:
AngelSineWings wrote:You have a lot of creativity. Keep up the good work.

"Creativity" is my middle name...

Well, it's not really, but it's appreciated anyway Very Happy

-laughs- Cute. But seriously do keep up the good work. -smiles-

http://www.cagenail.deviantart.com

cenaris

cenaris

Probably been posted before but I like it so much that:
El Cenaris' plunderous thread for serious sketching. - Page 3 Kolyn_12

cenaris

cenaris

Diego's on/off squeeze Kura, despite being a bounty hunter, gifted sniper and strangely lucky girl also has a side career posing in bikinis as demonstrated in this pic
El Cenaris' plunderous thread for serious sketching. - Page 3 Back_o10
click for full image
First thing I've drawn in what felt like a week.(head might be a little big though)

cenaris

cenaris

One more for now.
Horay for Amanda

El Cenaris' plunderous thread for serious sketching. - Page 3 New_cl10

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Not bad, but why you don't remove the unnecessary layers? It doesn't make the result look more professional and stuff, it's just creates a mess.

cenaris

cenaris

Because when something's been too cleaned up, it looks too clinical. I like sketchlines in. Makes it look more organic.

I'm still under the impression I can't draw all that well. I dunno if it's the lack of practise, diminished motivation or limits I put on myself but I think I just can't accomplish much. Therefore I present another Terra to demonstrate this lack of skill.

The end.
(She now has two stripes along her tail rather than just one I used to draw. I think she's probably some skunk like alien)
El Cenaris' plunderous thread for serious sketching. - Page 3 Terra_13

Nikolai

Nikolai

Gorgeous! GORGEOUS! Very Happy

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

Pietja

cenaris wrote:Because when something's been too cleaned up, it looks too clinical. I like sketchlines in. Makes it look more organic.

I'm still under the impression I can't draw all that well. I dunno if it's the lack of practise, diminished motivation or limits I put on myself but I think I just can't accomplish much.

I think you may be under impression that you can't draw well because of that organic sketches you make.
Thing is, I saw very few cleaned linearts from you, even the one above is still a sketch, although a cleaned one. I think that that is your problem.
You don't polish your work enough.
I know that, to you, cleaned ones may look clinical. And your pictures will look clinical if you're gonna leave helping lines and strokes from the sketching phase.
You need to cover your sketches with lineart layer, maybe even annother sketchy one but cleaner and thinner that the previous layer. Then you should work out what in your opinion is missing. Details, like folds on the clothes, muscle lines, body folds, patterns on the clother et cetera. How eyes, brows, mouth looks like under certain expressions. And then make a final lineart wich you may color or not, but at least work with shadow on the character. It adds life, makes less clinical.

I've posted an example tutorial of how I do a single frame, I hope it'll help you with your learning process somehow.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

cenaris

cenaris

Will check it out Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum