Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Future of this forum.

+2
Zero the Dragon King
jollyjack
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Future of this forum. Empty Future of this forum. Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:58 pm

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

Hello, folks!

Just a heads up that I'm pondering the future of this forum.
Twitter, Bluesky, etc are obviously a lot easier for audience interaction, but if there's even just a handful of you that would like me to leave these boards up and running; no problem! Just let me know!

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

2Future of this forum. Empty Re: Future of this forum. Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:11 pm

Zero the Dragon King

I don't have an account on either of those, so yes, I'd prefer for the forums to stay.

3Future of this forum. Empty Re: Future of this forum. Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:56 pm

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

I'd prefer the forums, even though they're virtually dead anymore. I admit that I do have both a Twitter/X and a BlueSky account, but I take pride in not using them. In fact, I never intend to use them.  I use them to have a foot in the door, so to speak, especially useful since Twitter has started to gatekeep accounts and BlueSky requires an invite just to see anything there.  Heck, the things they do to pictures uploaded to them are awful compared to even FurAffinity.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

4Future of this forum. Empty Re: Future of this forum. Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:54 am

Leak

Leak

I do read your (and Stjepan's) Twitter banter via nitter.net, but I wouldn't be caught dead creating an account there; same with BlueSky...

5Future of this forum. Empty Re: Future of this forum. Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:29 pm

mikkail

jollyjack wrote:Hello, folks!

Just a heads up that I'm pondering the future of this forum.
Twitter, Bluesky, etc are obviously a lot easier for audience interaction, but if there's even just a handful of you that would like me to leave these boards up and running; no problem! Just let me know!

I follow the forums; log in probably weekly. Don't do Twitter, not heard of Bluesky.

6Future of this forum. Empty Re: Future of this forum. Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:14 pm

wkuk

Forums tend to be more focused, and flexible, than general social media imho.

I would also consider posts here to be official canon, compared to posts elsewhere (even x/bsky/reddit etc)

I don't come here often enough to have a valid justification to say "keep it", but I would say you lose over a decades worth of discussion history of the toons if you drop it.  Which would be a shame.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum