Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

He definitely didn't see that coming.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1He definitely didn't see that coming. Empty He definitely didn't see that coming. Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:08 pm

Zero the Dragon King

He definitely didn't see that coming. BBTSN_051_Small

Not that I that can blame him. Shocked

2He definitely didn't see that coming. Empty Re: He definitely didn't see that coming. Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:40 am

yiangos

yiangos

Seems like forever since BB was updated last.

Still this hiatus has allowed me to give more attention to the details of the prelast and last panels of the latest page, in connection to the general lore of the location and era BB is set in.

Apparently, magic is sort of banned, as it can "run rampant" and "become rogue". And yet Connie's sword can magically phase through the Kahn footman's blade, and make a pez dispenser out of him right after. So it phases through the blade, but it's stiff and edgy against the neck.

My guess is that Connie is actively controlling her blade's solidity. Hence magic. Which *doens't* run rampant?

I'll need an explanation. Sure, it's "magic" and I do expect a lot of hand waving, but I doubt PMJ was sloppy enough not to have *some* sort of explanation why Fletch's ignition spell nearly burnt the room down, while Connie can work her blade almost like ShadowCat works her own body and not have any (apparent) consequences.

3He definitely didn't see that coming. Empty Re: He definitely didn't see that coming. Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:39 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

Magic in the Battle Bunnies universe is all about the assignment of energy to a particular purpose, and falls into one of two categories:

"Flair" magic are spells that burn through their energy very quickly, like the ignition spell Fletch used or.... whatever trick Connie pulled. It burns itself out after casting.

"Linger" magic covers curses and charms, anything that may have a prolonged effect. This magic needs to be tended or cancelled. If left untended, it may go rogue.
When the old city was caught up in a volcanic erruption, all manner of charms were buried with it, so the Necropolis is essentially the fantasy-world equivalent of a toxic waste dump. A simple good-luck charm can warp into something dangerous if left to leach off the universe's magical energies for hundreds of years.

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

jollyjack wrote:This magic needs to be tended or cancelled. If left untended, it may go rogue.
Basically, don't leave the car idling, or it might do a Christine.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

yiangos

yiangos

jollyjack wrote:Magic in the Battle Bunnies universe is all about the assignment of energy to a particular purpose, and falls into one of two categories:

"Flair" magic are spells that burn through their energy very quickly, like the ignition spell Fletch used or.... whatever trick Connie pulled. It burns itself out after casting.

"Linger" magic covers curses and charms, anything that may have a prolonged effect. This magic needs to be tended or cancelled. If left untended, it may go rogue.
When the old city was caught up in a volcanic erruption, all manner of charms were buried with it, so the Necropolis is essentially the fantasy-world equivalent of a toxic waste dump. A simple good-luck charm can warp into something dangerous if left to leach off the universe's magical energies for hundreds of years.

That's explanation enough for me. Thank you PMJ!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum