Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Best Part About Jolly Jack

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Best Part About Jolly Jack Empty The Best Part About Jolly Jack Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Avankiri

So, I was reading Sequential Art for...I think the 3rd or 4th time...At work...Where I should definitely not be reading webcomics...Anyway, I got an idea in my head and decided to follow up on it. Turns out, JJ has an entry in TV Tropes. One of them mentioned how he takes about 10-20 strips, makes an arc, then goes back to the regularly scheduled programming of goofy-ness.

I'm just here to say, it's that kind of ability to go from funny to (somewhat)serious and back to funny without making the serious kill the whole comic, that lets me enjoy it.

Also found it interesting to see that when someone complains about his comics, all JJ does is turn it into a strip. And it works oh-so-well, as seen below:

The Best Part About Jolly Jack Transparent_hair_by_jollyjack-d4wlzqs

My point is, Jolly Jack has alot of great points about his comics. So my question is, what did you find to be the most enjoyable part of reading his work?

2The Best Part About Jolly Jack Empty Re: The Best Part About Jolly Jack Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:28 pm

rabbitmaskedman

rabbitmaskedman

I remember somebody actually complaining about these strips and saying they were strawmen or something.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum