Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Take them to the foot of the volcano

+2
Riikano-Alinaris
raleurc
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Take them to the foot of the volcano Empty Take them to the foot of the volcano Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 am

raleurc

raleurc

Take them to the foot of the volcano BBTSN_018_Small

Hello, weird little things that get burnt by lizardmen.

2Take them to the foot of the volcano Empty Re: Take them to the foot of the volcano Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 am

Riikano-Alinaris

Midnight barbecue! Mmm, I'm getting hungry...

3Take them to the foot of the volcano Empty Re: Take them to the foot of the volcano Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:47 am

BenRG

BenRG

No... I don't think they're there to be burnt, I think that they're there to... er... dissuade intruders.

I suspect that they're going to turn out to be carnivorous wee beasties of some sort or another. Ravenous, you see, and insatiable. They'll eat anything and everything alive that comes into the small attack zone around their burrows.

I reckon that they're the first wandering monsters the team will run into on this quest.

4Take them to the foot of the volcano Empty Re: Take them to the foot of the volcano Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Conchobhar

Conchobhar

I guess you're right about one thing: it looks dangerous.

http://www.jellyboygame.com

5Take them to the foot of the volcano Empty Re: Take them to the foot of the volcano Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am

Mr_Rose

That or they're voracious borrowers there to facilitate access to the buried city… and their appetite for stone makes hiding them doubly desirable; first so that he nature of their operation doesn't leak and second because rock-eating monsters are doubtless very illegal in a city largely made of same.

P.S. Has anyone given thought to the nature of this scroll they're after? Would it be terribly surprising or disappointing to ind that it wasn't th blueprints for some arcane super weapon or a mighty war-ending ritual but merely the original title deed to the city?

6Take them to the foot of the volcano Empty Re: Take them to the foot of the volcano Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:17 am

cenaris

cenaris

Mr_Rose wrote:That or they're voracious borrowers there to facilitate access to the buried city… and their appetite for stone makes hiding them doubly desirable; first so that he nature of their operation doesn't leak and second because rock-eating monsters are doubtless very illegal in a city largely made of same.

P.S. Has anyone given thought to the nature of this scroll they're after? Would it be terribly surprising or disappointing to ind that it wasn't th blueprints for some arcane super weapon or a mighty war-ending ritual but merely the original title deed to the city?

Maybe it's like the Philosopher's Legacy? If MGS3 taught us anything it's that people will send other people on absurdly silly missions to get some green.
Take them to the foot of the volcano Snake_10

7Take them to the foot of the volcano Empty Re: Take them to the foot of the volcano Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:03 pm

BenRG

BenRG

Mr_Rose wrote:P.S. Has anyone given thought to the nature of this scroll they're after? Would it be terribly surprising or disappointing to ind that it wasn't th blueprints for some arcane super weapon or a mighty war-ending ritual but merely the original title deed to the city?
Or something completely useless but would have once been important enough to keep hidden. Something like the business ledgers of certain long-vanished businesses that, at the time, were the movers and shakers of commerce in the city.

8Take them to the foot of the volcano Empty Re: Take them to the foot of the volcano Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:04 am

Riikano-Alinaris

That guy has a piggy face, btw.

9Take them to the foot of the volcano Empty Re: Take them to the foot of the volcano Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:23 pm

BenRG

BenRG

Take them to the foot of the volcano BBTSN_019_Small
Well, we now know that the entrance to the Lost City is in the 'Caldera Temple', i.e. the volcano. So, that confirms (IMHO at least) that these critters are perimeter guards to be beaten before entering the catacombs.

Just consider the implication - those nasty teeth are from the lv.1 wandering monsters! Just how bad are things going to get down there? affraid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum