Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mail Order

+9
RhinestoneGuy
Dragon-Furry
Gamer guy
BenRG
Riikano-Alinaris
jollyjack
cenaris
vevans0009
KaZe
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mail Order Empty Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 am

KaZe

KaZe

Mail Order SA_0814_small

I have to wonder what kind of offer involves a chicken... Suspect

Also JJ, am I too assume you just picked up FarCry 3 recently?

2Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:55 am

vevans0009

vevans0009

I had been in situations like this at my local gamestop!!! Always trying to get me to buy shit that I don't need!!! Laughing

3Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 am

cenaris

cenaris

Don't spoil it for me but is it insane?

4Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:42 am

jollyjack

jollyjack
Admin

KaZe wrote:Also JJ, am I too assume you just picked up FarCry 3 recently?

The above strip is based on my attempt to buy it. All true.
Well, most of it. No chicken was produced, but he did have to go to the back of the store to check they had anything to actually put in the box I had brought to the till.
GAME is a real store, and is the WORST place to buy games....unfortunately; it's also pretty much the ONLY place to buy games, post-2009 crash.

https://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

5Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 am

cenaris

cenaris

You should have taken the Chicken. Vaas added one with every copy. He's insane like that
Mail Order Vaas10

6Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:14 am

Riikano-Alinaris

jollyjack wrote:

Well, most of it. No chicken was produced, but he did have to go to the back of the store to check they had anything to actually put in the box I had brought to the till.
GAME is a real store, and is the WORST place to buy games....unfortunately; it's also pretty much the ONLY place to buy games, post-2009 crash.

Don't you have GameStop? I guessed it wasn't an italian brand.

7Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 am

cenaris

cenaris

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:
jollyjack wrote:

Don't you have GameStop? I guessed it wasn't an italian brand.
Gamestop is an American brand. And we do have them here: As an online store.

8Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:57 am

BenRG

BenRG

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Game is flirting with bankruptcy whilst Amazon is running out of places to put all its bundles of cash.

9Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:00 am

cenaris

cenaris

BenRG wrote:And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Game is flirting with bankruptcy whilst Amazon is running out of places to put all its bundles of cash.
Actually the correct answer there would be: lol recession and Amazon dodges tax in the UK by sourcing their headquarters in tax haven territories, thus undercutting the high street and making brick and mortar stores less profitable and more likely to close down. I would hate to see that day, even if their staff are incompetent at times.

10Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Gamer guy

I just made this account to explain the reasons why "Game" clerks put all of the meaningless add-ons. The collectors edition stuff usually never last and when the customers (I know I'm guilty of this) finds out that there was one more copy of it and was not offered, they would be pissed. The game protection is a gimmick... People who are picking up games on the 360 who plans to keep for more than 3-4 months should guarantee the game for those "burn ring". Better to pay three dollars than to fork up 40-60 dollars when it does happen. In term of store brand... I don't bother selling them. You get what you paid for. :p Last thing people hate... (I hate pushing this as well) is the whole pre-order thing. Yes it's great when you do a pre-order on a collectors or a system but on a standard edition... You can find them anywhere on the day it's released. Even Black Ops 2 on the midnight release.

I been one of those associates and trust me, we don't like it when corporate forces us to push all this onto the gamers. Then again... If we don't it looks like we aren't doing our jobs and get fired later on.

11Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Dragon-Furry

Dragon-Furry

I have seen GameStop in Ireland and must of Scandinavian. Odd they don't have them in England, yet.

Also the burn-ring on the 360. That wont happen if people uses the console laying down or DONT move it when the disk is spinning.

https://www.deviantart.com/dragon-furry

12Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:18 pm

RhinestoneGuy

I can't believe I registered just to say this; but basically GAME = Electronics Boutique = EB Games for the USA peeps amongst us.

GAME is a separate company legally, but EB Games has a 25% shareholding. GAME also bought up the only other multiple in the UK; GameStation, but as GAME has recently nearly gone titsup, they have shut nearly all the GameStation branches.

So GAME squashed most of the independents, GAME is nearly bankrupt itself, so soon we will only have HMV pretty much on the high street.

13Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:23 pm

RhinestoneGuy

Greaseball wrote:I have seen GameStop in Ireland and must of Scandinavian. Odd they don't have them in England, yet.

Also the burn-ring on the 360. That wont happen if people uses the console laying down or DONT move it when the disk is spinning.

EB Games is owned by GameStop too... basically the only Multiple exclusively in the Video Game space in USA / Europe = EB Games.

GameStop brand marques are

EB Games
Electronics Boutique
GAME
JUMP (Spain)
The Gamesman (NZ)

+ many more

14Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:48 pm

indrejue

indrejue

why is game stop so bad in England i seem to always have a good experience at my local game stop here in the states so how did it get so effed up across the pond

15Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 pm

extraintelligence

extraintelligence

"... To hold this chicken while I do my traditional dance of video game salesmanship?"

16Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:03 pm

DeGoon

Going to be honest about this. To work at Gamestop, they make you push promotions to every customer or you can get fired. While it is annoying for the consumer and they can shop elsewhere, the employees have no choice. While I do get the joke he's going for here, the upper management people who enforce these rules are the ones to blame. So when you're working minimal hours, threatened to promote this crap, then getting the customers angry at you, one begins to have a similar look like said salesman in the comic. Just put the blame where it needs to be.

17Mail Order Empty Re: Mail Order Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:43 am

DavidGreen

DavidGreen

EB (formally known as Electronics Boutique) is spread liberally around Australia. From the few times I have been in the stores, I don't recall ever having been harassed to buy extra bits and pieces. The stores I do see around, have been there for quite a while, and don't seem to be collapsing from competitive pressure. At least not yet.

And I am really intrigued by the chicken peripheral.
USB-Chicken?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]